Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

May Greece Trip

I see the May adults only trip is off of the schedule, meaning it is full and everyone has now paid up! So...if anyone out there is on that trip, drop some hints as to what ABD send you for the pre-trip package! (We are heading out on the June 22 trip--so also, May group--trip reports, and suggestions re must and don't do's!)
ABD: Scotland (2014), Greece (06/12), Peru (08/11), Germany (12/09), Knights & Lights (12/08), China (06/08), Italy (06/07). DCL: 7 night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder (7/13), 5 night Xmas Cruise Disney Dream (12/12), 12 night Baltic Disney Magic (06/10), 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona, Disney Magic (06/07) Mexican Riveria Cruise Disney Magic (06/05), 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic (05/02), 7-Night Vacation Pkg : 4-Night resort and 3-Night cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic (05/99). Hong Kong Disneyland (2008), Paris Disneyland (2008), WDW a few and Disneyland 100+; D23 Charter Member. And completely unbiased!
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I'm looking forward to any & all reviews of this trip. I'm seriously looking at it for next year.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
nordkin
DIS Veteran

We are on the trip and I had a choice of what I could receive. A backpack, messenger bag, or a travel blanket and pillow. We opted for the travel blanket and pillow because we already have the backpack and messenger bag. It has not arrived yet, but I will post about it when it does come.

I will also post about the trip and any hints I can think of.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Muslickz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkin View Post
We are on the trip and I had a choice of what I could receive. A backpack, messenger bag, or a travel blanket and pillow. We opted for the travel blanket and pillow because we already have the backpack and messenger bag. It has not arrived yet, but I will post about it when it does come.

I will also post about the trip and any hints I can think of.
That is very cool can't wait to see the quality.... can you post some pics when you get it so I can make a good choice lol

also pics of the trip would be cool to I would love to see

-M
Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
nordkin
DIS Veteran

I will post pictures of the blanket and pillow as well as pictures of the trip. It might be hard to pick pictures to post, but I will do my best. I am an avid photographer and will probably have 1000 pictures or more,
Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkin View Post
I will post pictures of the blanket and pillow as well as pictures of the trip. It might be hard to pick pictures to post, but I will do my best. I am an avid photographer and will probably have 1000 pictures or more,
When did ABD contact you about a choice of items? (if the travel blanket/pillow are compact and comfortable, we'll definately go for those--we have plenty of backpacks!) Looking forward to your trip photos too!!
ABD: Scotland (2014), Greece (06/12), Peru (08/11), Germany (12/09), Knights & Lights (12/08), China (06/08), Italy (06/07). DCL: 7 night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder (7/13), 5 night Xmas Cruise Disney Dream (12/12), 12 night Baltic Disney Magic (06/10), 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona, Disney Magic (06/07) Mexican Riveria Cruise Disney Magic (06/05), 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic (05/02), 7-Night Vacation Pkg : 4-Night resort and 3-Night cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic (05/99). Hong Kong Disneyland (2008), Paris Disneyland (2008), WDW a few and Disneyland 100+; D23 Charter Member. And completely unbiased!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
When did ABD contact you about a choice of items? (if the travel blanket/pillow are compact and comfortable, we'll definately go for those--we have plenty of backpacks!) Looking forward to your trip photos too!!
They did not contact me about the choice of items. I called them with my passport information and after that discussion I asked whether we were getting backpacks this time and was told I could select between a backpack, a messenger/computer type bag, or a travel blanket and pillow.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
nordkin
DIS Veteran

The box arrived today.

The blanket and pillow is actually a fleece blanket that folds into a pillow. Not what I expected given the discription ABD gave me, but it is definitely useful.

The following is a picture of all the paperwork and books in the box just as an FYI type thing.

We are so ready for this trip. We are actually arriving on May 21 to spend 4 days in Athens before the trip begins so we can see the things we want that Disney is not doing. Now the countdown begins for us.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

nordkin, are you taking advantage of the transfer from your home to the airport? If so, have you received any details about how that will be handled?

I'm glad they came up with something new, instead of another backpack or bag of some sort.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
nordkin, are you taking advantage of the transfer from your home to the airport? If so, have you received any details about how that will be handled?

I'm glad they came up with something new, instead of another backpack or bag of some sort.
We are taking advantage of the airport transfers from our home. They will provide them for an airport up to 2 hours away from your home. Our final paperwork has the name of the company and what time they are picking us up. I was not comfortable with being picked up 2 1/2 hours before our flight when the airport is only 20 minutes away because with an international flight we need to be there earlier. I just called ABD and had them change it to a time I was comfortable with and there was no problem.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

We are so ready for this trip. We are actually arriving on May 21 to spend 4 days in Athens before the trip begins so we can see the things we want that Disney is not doing. Now the countdown begins for us.[/QUOTE]

I am interested in what you have planned--or what you end up doing--pre-trip in Athens. We will likely get tickets for the Hop on/Hop off bus that hits some of the highlights in Athens (purchased via Viator)--but beyond that, and the hotel pool--not sure.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
We are so ready for this trip. We are actually arriving on May 21 to spend 4 days in Athens before the trip begins so we can see the things we want that Disney is not doing. Now the countdown begins for us.
I am interested in what you have planned--or what you end up doing--pre-trip in Athens. We will likely get tickets for the Hop on/Hop off bus that hits some of the highlights in Athens (purchased via Viator)--but beyond that, and the hotel pool--not sure.[/QUOTE]

We are also doing the hop on hop off bus. We are definitely doing the National Archaeological Museum, the changing of the guard in front of Parliament, the National Gardens, and the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion. We are still firming up our plans and the guide book we bought for Athens is great. It is Frommer's Athens day by day.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
Evildisneysiamese
Earning My Ears

I cannot wait to hear about the May trip. We are booked on the June 22 trip and are now hoping new Greek elections potentially on June 17th are not disruptive. Feeling snake bitten as we had to cancel our Egypt trip over Christmas last year for political issues.
Evildisneysiamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
abdalums
Earning My Ears

What do you have planned for your pre-adventure days? We are spending 4 days in Barcelona before our 07/20 adventure. We arrive in Athens early enough on the 20th to do some sights on our own and there is at least one free afternoon. What have you decided are the must sees on your own that ABD doesn't cover? Can you prioritize your list? I'm looking forward to your trip report, too.
abdalums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

The goodies arrive about a month before, correct? I can't remember. Hmmm... I updated our passport info too but I didn't ask them about the item choices. Maybe I should call them later...

WeLoveABD, how many pre-nights are you doing? We are doing only one pre-night since we are pressed for time and we are doing a half-day trip to Corinth.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: