Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Wording directly from the OBB Future DCL cruise request form *** Different from FAQ

I picked up a booklet from the OBB desk on the MV and the wording regarding the OBB benefits in this booklet is different than what has been posted in the FAQ thread. This is what is printed.

"Offer valid for Categories 4-11 only. Offer not valid for concierge level categories, 2-night cruises, IGT, OGT and VGT Categories with Restrictions, or Disney Fantasy maiden voyage. All staterooms must be booked and deposit paid while onboard. Special cruises have separate cancellation and deposit policies. Other discounts do not apply. This offer is limited to two staterooms on one future cruise date [per household sailing]. Any additional staterooms on the date booked onboard will only receive the onboard credit portion of the offer. Additional sail dates can be booked onboard at the current prevailing rates. See disneycruise.com for applicable terms and conditions."

There is nothing in this saying that the people have to be on the ship to have the reservation made in their name. Someone from the MV posted that they were able to book two rooms for other people on one sail date and none of them were on the cruise at the time. She was told that isn't the policy. As you can see, the wording in the booklet is different from what has been posted previously. HTH someone.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads

Last edited by lbgraves; 10-13-2013 at 08:03 AM.
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
silence
Missin' Mickey

We were on the wonder 4/1-4/8 and we booked 4 rooms (2 households) and 2 of the rooms were for 5 people not currently sailing, nor have they ever sailed Disney. We also added 1 person to the two staterooms where those of us on board will be staying. All 4 rooms booked for the same date, all 4 rooms rec'd all OBC, deposit and discount offers.

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
E&EMom
Mouseketeer

This may sound like a dumb question but if you book on board in a 5 and then upgrade at the port to concierge - do you have to essentially pay back the 10% discount plus the upgrade price? Do you also forfeit the on board credit as well?

E&EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
wfgamble
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for this info, OP. I have been reading that others have had the same experience in being able to book for others who are not onboard. I'll be doing this in May

Nov 2014 Magic
Feb 2014 Pop Century
April 2013 Fantasy
May 2012 Dream
May 2012 Off site
Nov 2011 Parc de Soliel Hilton Grand Vacation Resort
June 2011 Fort Wilderness Cabins
Dec 2010 Pop Century
Sept 2009 Pop Century
wfgamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

As you know, the policy changed, effective 3/31. That being said, I would not trust what anyone has to say on the matter, especially if it derives from guests on DISboards. My suggestion would be to contact DCL directly ... and argue your concern with them, based upon what you believe is correct, based upon what you have in writing. Remember, DCL has the right and ability to change terms when they see fit, and documentation may or may not have been updated properly.

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
I picked up a booklet from the OBB desk on the MV and the wording regarding the OBB benefits in this booklet is different than what has been posted in the FAQ thread. This is what is printed.

"Offer valid for Categories 4-11 only. Offer not valid for concierge level categories, 2-night cruises, IGT, OGT and VGT Categories with Restrictions, or Disney Fantasy maiden voyage. All staterooms must be booked and deposit paid while onboard. Special cruises have seperate cancellation and deposit policies. Other discounts do not apply. This offer is limited to two staterooms on one future cruise date [per household sailing]. Any addditional staterooms on the date booked onboard will only recieve the onboard credit portion of the offer. Additional sail dates can be booked onboard at the current prevailing rates. See disneycruise.com for applicable terms and conditions."

There is nothing in this saying that the people have to be on the ship to have the reservation made in their name. Someone from the MV posted that they were able to book two rooms for other people on one sail date and none of them were on the cruise at the time. She was told that isn't the policy. As you can see, the wording in the booklet is different from what has been posted previously. HTH someone.
If I am reading this right, I can only book 1 cruise and get a discount? Wonder if DH could book one and I could book one?
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
silence
Missin' Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
If I am reading this right, I can only book 1 cruise and get a discount? Wonder if DH could book one and I could book one?
It's based on mailing address. Do you have two separate residences on file with Disney?

When we put in our quote request, the on board agent only filled out 1/2 and asked us to call him (the half which would be 2 rooms for those currently on board). Turns out, Disney had our address on file for my mother as well, who does not live with us. He updated her record with her valid address and then we had no problem getting the two "additional" rooms.

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
It's based on mailing address. Do you have two separate residences on file with Disney?

When we put in our quote request, the on board agent only filled out 1/2 and asked us to call him (the half which would be 2 rooms for those currently on board). Turns out, Disney had our address on file for my mother as well, who does not live with us. He updated her record with her valid address and then we had no problem getting the two "additional" rooms.
No we don't have 2 different addresses. Guess this means we only sail 1 time a year. Bummer
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Since it is typed word for word from DCL's own document that is being distributed onboard, I would expect it to be in effect for a bit. This is actually the policy change that went into effect on 3/4/2012. It is what many have experienced onboard since then, but contrasts what was originally reported here by TAs.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
nhdisnut
My screen name says it all!!

We will test out the system on our upcoming Fantasy cruise and report back...

If we are able to book for others, what information do they need about them? Name, address, phone? Anything else?
Off-site: 1987, 1991, 2000, 2002 2004: April POFQ & AKL 2005: April POR; June DVC Members - SSR! 2006: April SSR/AKL; Aug. BWV; Dec. AS Sports/SSR 2007: Feb. AKV owners!!; April POP, SSR & CSR; Aug. OKW2008: Jan. SSR & our 1st WDW Half-Marathon! April VWL & AKV; Aug. BWV Dec./Jan '08-09 POP, SSR, CBR2009: April POP & AKV Concierge!July POR2010: Feb ASMu, April AKV, July BLT & AKV, Oct AKV and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon! Dec SSR 2011: Feb. First trip to Disneyland!; April POP and off-site, Aug. AKV & Disney Dream! 2012: April POP, AKV & Disney Fantasy!, June POP & POR2013: Feb AKV & Disney Wonder (from Miami), August AKV, BCV & Disney Dream! 2014: Feb. BLT, Disney Magic! & VWL, July CR
nhdisnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
jenifred
Mouseketeer

DH and I cruised in Sept 2011 and re booked a cruise in 2013. We were able to get two rooms. And we added our two kids and my parents, none of whom were on our 2011 cruise. We just had to put DH in one room and me in the other. But they are adjoining rooms so no big deal. And DCL said they did not really care which room we actually slept in anyway. We did get the rebooking discounts for everyone.

You will need names, date of birth, and addresses.

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
silence
Missin' Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdisnut View Post
We will test out the system on our upcoming Fantasy cruise and report back...

If we are able to book for others, what information do they need about them? Name, address, phone? Anything else?
We provided names, DOB, mailing addresses, and email addresses, possibly phone numbers. I had a whole email typed out with everyone's information so I was prepared. If the people you are booking for have sailed DCL before, it's possible they have this information on file. We added 6 people to our sailing party for 2013 who have never sailed DCL before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: