Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #706
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
I'm still unsure about who to request for Magic MDR. I wish I could ask Mihay who he recommends. Is Edward from England still serving? My BIL from England will be with us and that would be a nice connection to ask for. I just really want some great Disney Magic again after such high expectations were set on the Dream... Someone mentioned Andre from South America for PALO. Is anyone familiar with him?

5 weeks left people! It has really gone by fast.

PALO BRUNCH
MAGIC MDR
This is an EASY choice ....

PALO BRUNCH: Laszlo Gion (Hungary), or Susana Moreira (Portugal)

MAGIC MDR: Sompong "Sammy" Poonchuroensuk (Thailand)
- Sammy is one of the longest running servers on the Magic ... having worked in the MDR for more than 13 years! He is probably the best server on the Magic, and one of the top 3 MDR servers in all of DCL!

If you see them ... tell them I will be seeing THEM in September!

Steven
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:02 AM   #707
Saamh
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Sammy will be on the Magic mid-June?
Saamh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #708
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
This is an EASY choice ....

PALO BRUNCH: Laszlo Gion (Hungary), or Susana Moreira (Portugal)

MAGIC MDR: Sompong "Sammy" Poonchuroensuk (Thailand)
- Sammy is one of the longest running servers on the Magic ... having worked in the MDR for more than 13 years! He is probably the best server on the Magic, and one of the top 3 MDR servers in all of DCL!

If you see them ... tell them I will be seeing THEM in September!

Steven
I did get that these are the most popular, and I think I might have good odds of getting Laszlo for Palo (possibly or the back up), but Sammy is like a super star and I would like to have a back up in case he has already been requested. I have had a few suggestions PMed to me. Thanks guys! I wouldn't mind one or two more!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #709
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saamh View Post
Does anyone know if Sammy will be on the Magic mid-June?
Sammy does not utilize e-mail Facebook, or other electronic media. If I need to ask him a question, I can sometimes get a question to him through a mutual friend, but I find it to be easiest to mail him a letter ... and make sure I send him stationary, envelope and postage stamp for his reply.

In your case, I would simply request Sammy for your cruise, and ask for an alternate as a back-up (if you have one). If you get Sammy, PLEASE make sure you tell him you found out about him on DISBoards! Many of his loyal subjects have begged him to have a cast member teach him the basics about Facebook. I'm not sure he will do that ... regardless ... he is a phenomenal person, and a MAGICal server.

Steven

Last edited by sdlong329; 03-27-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #710
sdlong329

[QUOTE=nu2dvc;50928110]
Quote:
Ivan Frick (Hungary) will be returning to the Disney Fantasy (Palo Server) on April 25, 2014 ... through mid September 2014. Remember, there are two Palo servers named Ivan ... so please remember to ask for Ivan Frick (Hungary).

uh-oh we cruise on 4/12 and were planning to stop in on embarkation day to see if Palo manager could note our request for Ivan Frick.

Steve, who else would you suggest in his absence....?
We are CC members and have been to Palo many times but honestly never had great service. We are being joined by two dear families whom have never cruised DCL & I really want everything to go perfectly!!

Advice appreciated!
I sent you a detailed PM.

Hers's a few more suggestions to make your experience MAGICAL in Palo ...

1) Tell your server that your guests are new to DCL.
2) Make sure you request multiple appetizers.
3) My personal preference for the entree is the Palo Tenderloin, with BOTH sauces (on the side)
4) Make sure you save room for the Palo Souffle (I request chocolate AND vanilla sauce).
5) DO NOT HESITATE to request other desserts ... and make sure you get at least one dessert to go!

ENJOY!

Steven
Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #711
Saamh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sammy does not utilize e-mail Facebook, or other electronic media. If I need to ask him a question, I can sometimes get a question to him through a mutual friend, but I find it to be easiets to mail him a letter ... and makre sure I send him stationary, envelope and postage stamp for his reply. In your case, I would simply request Sammy for your cruise, and ask for an alternate as a back-up (if you have one). If you get Sammy, PLEASE make sure you tell him you found out about him on DISBoards! Many of his loyal subjects have begged him to have a cast member teach him the basics about Facebook. I'm not sure he will do that ... regardless ... he is a phenomenal person, and a MAGICal server. Steven
Awesome. Thanks!
Saamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #712
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

We will be a group of 9 sailing on the Wonder in June. Can anyone recommend their favorite Spanish speaking servers?
melglnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #713
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
I did get that these are the most popular, and I think I might have good odds of getting Laszlo for Palo (possibly or the back up), but Sammy is like a super star and I would like to have a back up in case he has already been requested. I have had a few suggestions PMed to me. Thanks guys! I wouldn't mind one or two more!
I should have mentioned ... One of Sammy's former Assistant Server's is "I Made Swastika" ... first name is pronounced "E-mod-A." His last name bears no relation to the 1930's genocide in Germany ... rather ... in the Asian culture ... it means happiness ... family and good fortune. Hitler took what was once a long-standing, positive symbol and meaning, and corrupted it in the minds of most of the world. Hitler even modified the Asian symbol ... so please do not be offended by the name, or think any negative thoughts. "I Made" is awesome!

Steven
Old 03-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #714
sdlong329

update - Radoslav Hirstev (Bulgaria), MDR server

Radoslav "Rado" Hristev is scheduled to be on the Fantasy through (approximately) May 24th ... then will be heading off for vacation before returning to the Fantasy in July. I asked ... he will not take me with him!

Those you sailing the Fantasy on or before May 24, 2014 might want to consider requesting Rado ... or ... in the alternative, Zsolt Szep (Hungary).

Enjoy!

Steven

Last edited by sdlong329; 03-28-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #715
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Sammy does not utilize e-mail Facebook, or other electronic media. If I need to ask him a question, I can sometimes get a question to him through a mutual friend, but I find it to be easiest to mail him a letter ... and make sure I send him stationary, envelope and postage stamp for his reply.

In your case, I would simply request Sammy for your cruise, and ask for an alternate as a back-up (if you have one). If you get Sammy, PLEASE make sure you tell him you found out about him on DISBoards! Many of his loyal subjects have begged him to have a cast member teach him the basics about Facebook. I'm not sure he will do that ... regardless ... he is a phenomenal person, and a MAGICal server.

Steven
On our first ever cruise, we had Sammy and we requested him twice after that and so we've had him 3 times now. Yes, he laughs when we ask him about email and Facebook. LOL Yet his legend lives on without it!!

We're on the Magic again next summer (2015) but we may try our luck and hope we get somebody as great as Sammy. We don't want to hog him! (On the other hand .... hmmmmm....)
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #716
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
I should have mentioned ... One of Sammy's former Assistant Server's is "I Made Swastika" ... first name is pronounced "E-mod-A." His last name bears no relation to the 1930's genocide in Germany ... rather ... in the Asian culture ... it means happiness ... family and good fortune. Hitler took what was once a long-standing, positive symbol and meaning, and corrupted it in the minds of most of the world. Hitler even modified the Asian symbol ... so please do not be offended by the name, or think any negative thoughts. "I Made" is awesome!

Steven
I Made, Cedomir and Sammy (Sompong) Best team on the Magic!! (well, we thought so)

1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #717
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I Made, Cedomir and Sammy (Sompong) Best team on the Magic!! (well, we thought so)
We had Cedomir and Oliver and Aida on our B2B in January and loved them... Cedomir was *the best!* So pleasant and incredibly accommodating and personable! As much as we want to sail other ships, we also felt like the Magic was "home" for us and hope to get back soon!

Another standout was Coronado in the salon... I am still in love w/the haircut he gave me and am tempted to sail just for another haircut! LOL!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #718
MsJiminyCricket
Motley Cruise Vet

Has anyone seen Fiona in the gallery on the Fantasy recently?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #719
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Has anyone actually sailed on the Disney Wonder recently, I need server suggestions. Or is that ship sailing empty these days?
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #720
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Has anyone actually sailed on the Disney Wonder recently, I need server suggestions. Or is that ship sailing empty these days?
We had Mindaugas Saddis (Minda) as our server in September and Margaret Lee (Maggie) from Trinidad as our assistant server. They were both great.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: