Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #616
bvc
Earning My Ears

Looking for Alex Ocampo email?
bvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #617
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvc View Post
Looking for Alex Ocampo email?
Unfortunately, Cast Member personal contact information is not permitted to be posted on this thread. Though Cast Members may sometimes provide e-mail and Facebook contact information to some guests, it is not meant to be circulated. Accordingly, if someone has personal contact information, they should only share that information with another guest privately, but only after obtaining personal approval directly from the Cast Member.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #618
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
YES, people still sail on the Wonder ... every week! If you are looking for information on a specific cast member, please tell us who you are seeking. The original point of the thread is as follows (posted on 1st post of the thread):

Here's the plan ... if you had an extremely positive experience with a DCL cast member ... please post their first AND last name, their department, ship name, and cruise date. By posting similar content for a RECENT DCL cruise, I am hoping other guests will be able to use this thread to locate their favorite cast members!

If you are wondering as to a perceived absence of people seeking cast members on the Wonder ... consider the different people who cruise (ie: Dream attracts people who cruise shorter terms, and usually do not bond with cast members). Within the past few years, cast members were transferred from the Magic and Wonder ... over to the Dream and Fantasy. Now that the Fantasy has been in service for close to 2 years (and the Dream for about 3), there aren't as many people trying to track down someone who transferred from one ship to another.

Anyone sailing on the same ship on a regular basis has a good chance at bumping into their friendly cast member of choice. On the other hand, I take the liberty of posting when my favorite cast members are going on vacation, and returning to their ship (with their permission, of course). Are you looking for a specific cast member?

I was more commenting on the lack of posts about the Wonder.

Anyone seen Harry Simmons, Wonder Head Server, around lately?
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #619
bvc
Earning My Ears

alex

I understand this, I have had Alex more than 8 times as a server and had a relationship with his family also. I have his card sitting in front of me but is so old that the info is smeered. Since going through divorce my ex has refused to give me the contact info.
bvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #620
KarenMP59
DVC Member

Does anyone know if Morag Hamilton from England or Jessica (don't know her last name) are still on the Fantasy in Palo?

Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea February 2001Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2004Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2005Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2009Fantasy Eastern Caribbean May 2012Fantasy Eastern Caribbean April 2013Fantasy Western Caribbean March 2014Wonder Alaska September 2014Fantasy Eastern Caribbean February 2015

DVC 1997
Too many visits to WDW to count
KarenMP59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #621
UK-Simon
Wow! I'd love to see the Tennis Racket for that ball!

Fitz?

Any idea which ship Fitz is on these days?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #622
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Simon View Post
Any idea which ship Fitz is on these days?

Thanks!
There is a Fitz who is a Head Server on the Fantasy.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #623
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
There is a Fitz who is a Head Server on the Fantasy.
He has moved back to the Magic, unless you saw him more recently than November.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #624
bengals01
DIS Veteran

He is back on the fantasy, saw him last week
bengals01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #625
rays2001
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals01 View Post
He is back on the fantasy, saw him last week
Since you were on the Fantasy last week, I am interested to find out if a server named Toto is still on the Fantasy. My family and I will be taking the 3/1-3/8 cruise, hoping he is still on the ship.
rays2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #626
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
I was more commenting on the lack of posts about the Wonder.

Anyone seen Harry Simmons, Wonder Head Server, around lately?
Yes, I understood what you meant. It's understandable people are not seeking cast members from the Dream ... as I'd think most guests do not have the time to bond with the cast members. The only thing I can think of (regarding the Wonder), is that cast members are not moving away from the Wonder. I am personally aware of several servers who moved from the Magic to either the Dream or Fantasy ... only to eventually request to return to the Magic, when/if available.

Harry Simmons was our Head Server on the Inaugural Alaska cruise - May, 2011. Our Server was Toby, who has since left the cruise industry. Both are/were fabulous!

Harry Simmons was much more of a hands on Head Server ... at least, he was with us. He was much more interactive ... instead of merely stopping by to make sure everything is / was okay. Another Head Server who has the same philosophy as Harry Simmons is Neno Jekic (Croatia), currently on the Magic. Harry Simmons (Wonder) and Neno Jekic (Magic) exceeded our expectations!

Steven

Last edited by sdlong329; 02-12-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #627
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvc View Post
I understand this, I have had Alex more than 8 times as a server and had a relationship with his family also. I have his card sitting in front of me but is so old that the info is smeered. Since going through divorce my ex has refused to give me the contact info.

GOOD GRIEF! I am so sorry ... I do not understand why some people treat others the way they do (ex's). I wish I knew Alex, as I would be happy to reach out to him for you. By all means ... feel free to post a follow up message every other month or so ... asking if anyone has been in contact with Alex. Once you find someone ... ask them to contact Alex, for permission to connect the two of you via e-mail or FB.

Good luck!

Last edited by sdlong329; 02-10-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #628
TheRichFam
The Family That Disneys Together, Stays Together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays2001 View Post
Since you were on the Fantasy last week, I am interested to find out if a server named Toto is still on the Fantasy. My family and I will be taking the 3/1-3/8 cruise, hoping he is still on the ship.
Hi, Rays2001!

We were on he Fantasy 1/18-1/25. Toto is still there and still unbelievably amazing. His assistant Valine ("Val") might actually be even better. We absolutely adored her. My kids wanted to bring her home! They were not kidding.

Happy Sailing!

Trips to WDW: Too many to count!
WDW Properties Visited: Shades of Green, All-Star Sports, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian
Previous cruises:
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, January 2014
runDisney WDW Marathons completed: 2014
WDW Cast Member: 1997-1999, EPCOT and DHS
TheRichFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #629
rays2001
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRichFam View Post
Hi, Rays2001!

We were on he Fantasy 1/18-1/25. Toto is still there and still unbelievably amazing. His assistant Valine ("Val") might actually be even better. We absolutely adored her. My kids wanted to bring her home! They were not kidding.

Happy Sailing!
Hi TheRichFam,

Glad for the info about Toto. We have had him as our server on previous cruises and we always request him. We hope that he will be on the ship and not on vacation between contracts for our 3/1 sailing of the Fantasy.
Thanks for the reply.

Hope you had a great time on your cruise in January!
rays2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #630
TheRichFam
The Family That Disneys Together, Stays Together!

He told us he had a few more months before he was "off" for awhile so you should be good! I called DCL and asked to be assigned to him and they obliged.

Trips to WDW: Too many to count!
WDW Properties Visited: Shades of Green, All-Star Sports, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian
Previous cruises:
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, January 2014
runDisney WDW Marathons completed: 2014
WDW Cast Member: 1997-1999, EPCOT and DHS
TheRichFam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: