Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #601
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappygrrl View Post
Looking for Tibor, bartender on the Dream in 2012. We loved chatting with him in the Meridian bar. Anyone seen him lately?
DCL bartenders rotate among the various bars on each ship. In doing so, the bartenders are assured they are not relegated to a low volume bar for an extended period of time).
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #602
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discaroline View Post
Wira was on Magic Jan 6th 2014.
Thanks, was he, as a pp wrote, now a manager in the adult district? Or was he a head server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post

Palo - Ivan Frick (Hungary) ... there are TWO Ivan's in Palo on the Fantasy, so make sure you specify Ivan FRICK.

Thanks, Steven (and in a separate post, Tricia, thanks as well). Ivan was a super server, and a delight of a person. He and a co-worker, gave us a recommendation for a PALO server on our follow-up cruise on the DREAM. Marko, from Serbia, yet another delightful individual, and phenomenal server. Turns out, he was broken in by one of OUR best-ever servers, Sylvester. So, things came full circle. And I concur with Steven's comments below - the servers, hostesses, and managers all love to hear the connections. Oh, and finally, speaking of managers. Fantasy's PALO manager Alexander was delighted on the FANTASY when we told him of how/why we had requested Ivan. Then, while we were having a pre-brunch drink in Meridian onboard Dream 10 days later, who walks in to tell us our table with Marko is ready? Alexander!! He had just moved over a week before as a relief manager. Laughs ( and a perfect brunch) ensued. Thanks again, everyone !

Ken

For Palo and Remy requests ... it is best to make the request upon embarkation, versus requesting through your Travel Agent (or DCL). This is very important to remember, as not all servers work every Brunch. When you make a request at embarkation, the Palo and/or Remy Manager is generally available ... as such ... they have access to the scheduled shifts.

*** REMEMBER, when you request someone, please remember to tell them you heard about hem on DISboards. I have found it gives the servers an extra boost of excitement ... and they tend to make sure they take extra good care of you!

Steven
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #603
meuseman
Disney Parks Game Afficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaycayfans View Post
We are looking for Henry Diaz from Nicaragua and Nenad Biskup from Croatia. We had Henry on our cruise in 2010 on the Wonder, but ran into him on the Fantasy last January. We had Nenad on our 2010 and 2012 Magic cruises. We would love to have them again on our April cruise. Has anyone had them recently?
There was a Nenad from Croatia on the Dream last week - i believe he was assistant head server (he was the greeter, asked for your table number and handed you off to someone so they could seat you). He also floated during dinner and thanked people as they left.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #604
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disney View Post
I was told that Clayton is now on the Fantasy. Christian was the CD on the Dream in Feb.
Anyone know if Clayton is still on the Fantasy? I was so excited to see this! We loved him on the Dream in Feb '13 and our cruise is in august so who know,s but it'd be so great to see him again. Our son loved him!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:41 AM   #605
discaroline
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
Thanks, was he, as a pp wrote, now a manager in the adult district? Or was he a head server?
He is a Head Server and restaurant manager
discaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #606
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
Thanks, Steven (and in a separate post, Tricia, thanks as well). Ivan was a super server, and a delight of a person. He and a co-worker, gave us a recommendation for a PALO server on our follow-up cruise on the DREAM. Marko, from Serbia, yet another delightful individual, and phenomenal server. Turns out, he was broken in by one of OUR best-ever servers, Sylvester. So, things came full circle. And I concur with Steven's comments below - the servers, hostesses, and managers all love to hear the connections. Oh, and finally, speaking of managers. Fantasy's PALO manager Alexander was delighted on the FANTASY when we told him of how/why we had requested Ivan. Then, while we were having a pre-brunch drink in Meridian onboard Dream 10 days later, who walks in to tell us our table with Marko is ready? Alexander!! He had just moved over a week before as a relief manager. Laughs ( and a perfect brunch) ensued. Thanks again, everyone !

Ken

You seem to have come full circle in the "Circle of Life" with fabulous servers ... "life is just a Fantasy!"

Steven

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
Old 01-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #607
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Does no one cruise on the Wonder anymore?
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #608
rays2001
Earning My Ears

I am trying to find out about 3 cast members.

We are going on the 3/1- 3/8 Western cruise of the Fantasy.

Does anyone know if Denton or Novak are still bartenders on the Fantasy. On our October 2012 cruise , they did the tequila and mixology tastings, which we enjoyed.

Also, is Toto still a server on the Fantasy? We have had him as our server in the past and we hope that he will be on the ship for our March cruise.
rays2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #609
wcw57
DIS Veteran

still no known whereabouts for Wayne the DR manager on the Magic three years ago.....

Gone but not forgotten?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #610
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Does no one cruise on the Wonder anymore?
YES, people still sail on the Wonder ... every week! If you are looking for information on a specific cast member, please tell us who you are seeking. The original point of the thread is as follows (posted on 1st post of the thread):

Here's the plan ... if you had an extremely positive experience with a DCL cast member ... please post their first AND last name, their department, ship name, and cruise date. By posting similar content for a RECENT DCL cruise, I am hoping other guests will be able to use this thread to locate their favorite cast members!

If you are wondering as to a perceived absence of people seeking cast members on the Wonder ... consider the different people who cruise (ie: Dream attracts people who cruise shorter terms, and usually do not bond with cast members). Within the past few years, cast members were transferred from the Magic and Wonder ... over to the Dream and Fantasy. Now that the Fantasy has been in service for close to 2 years (and the Dream for about 3), there aren't as many people trying to track down someone who transferred from one ship to another.

Anyone sailing on the same ship on a regular basis has a good chance at bumping into their friendly cast member of choice. On the other hand, I take the liberty of posting when my favorite cast members are going on vacation, and returning to their ship (with their permission, of course). Are you looking for a specific cast member?

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
Old 01-31-2014, 12:41 AM   #611
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays2001 View Post
I am trying to find out about 3 cast members. We are going on the 3/1- 3/8 Western cruise of the Fantasy. Does anyone know if Denton or Novak are still bartenders on the Fantasy. On our October 2012 cruise , they did the tequila and mixology tastings, which we enjoyed. Also, is Toto still a server on the Fantasy? We have had him as our server in the past and we hope that he will be on the ship for our March cruise.
if it's Novak Nenezic you are asking about no he doesn't work for DCL anymore, others I don't know about
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #612
rays2001
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
if it's Novak Nenezic you are asking about no he doesn't work for DCL anymore, others I don't know about
Thanks for the reply. I do not know Novak's last name, he was a bartendar on the Fantasy 10/27/2012-11/3/2012 Western Caribbean cruise. If he is the one you are speaking about, it is too bad he does not work for DCL anymore, we enjoyed the mixology class he ran on that cruise.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:36 AM   #613
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am trying to find out about 3 cast members.

We are going on the 3/1- 3/8 Western cruise of the Fantasy.

Does anyone know if Denton or Novak are still bartenders on the Fantasy. On our October 2012 cruise , they did the tequila and mixology tastings, which we enjoyed.

Also, is Toto still a server on the Fantasy? We have had him as our server in the past and we hope that he will be on the ship for our March cruise.
We are sailing on The Fantasy in 2 weeks, I have requested Toto, because he took such good care of my family of 8 in 2012. We had him on his last official cruise on The Magic.
I will let you know if he is still there.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #614
rays2001
Earning My Ears

Lorimay,

We are sailing on the Fantasy for the 3/1-3/8 cruise. We have had Toto as our server on 3 7-day cruises on the Magic. I saw that he switched to the Fantasy in a post over a year ago. We have requested him again for this cruise.

I would really appreciate if you find out if he is still on the Fantasy and if so, will he be there in early March.
Thanks very much for replying.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #615
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I do not know Novak's last name, he was a bartendar on the Fantasy 10/27/2012-11/3/2012 Western Caribbean cruise. If he is the one you are speaking about, it is too bad he does not work for DCL anymore, we enjoyed the mixology class he ran on that cruise.
Yes, that's the same Novak and no, he does not work for DCL anymore.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: