Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #586
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
Hi Steven-Could you find out if he will be there Thanksgiving week please? I have heard of everyone talking about him and would like to request him. Last Thanksgiving our serving team was fine, but I know I have had much better.

Thanks
Let me send him a message ... I believe he is still on vacation ... should be returning soon ... which may not bode well for Thanksgiving. I will post when I hear back from him.

Steven
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #587
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
I totally LOVE to read this thread...It's so awesome to read the fondness that cruisers experience with servers and SR hosts.. didn't go back as far as the early pages on here but haven't a single "don't go with...x/y they are awful'
Technically, the main purpose of the thread was to reunite cast members with guests (find out where one's favorite server is located) ... and/or ... to locate an ideal server for an upcoming cruise. Most of the earlier threads are moot at this point, as cast members may have changed ... especially with the roll out of the Fantasy (large movement of CM's).

Steven
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #588
dljacob
Earning My Ears

I read up thread that Mladen was taking time between contracts. He was our server on the Wonder two years ago and was amazing. Any hope he might switch to the Fantasy and be there in February? that would make our cruise even better!
dljacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #589
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinglet View Post
His name is Alvin and he is currently on his vacation. He will return to the Magic some time this spring and is in Palo
Oh Yes, Alvin ...

Oh that is super and I hope to see him in September

Thank for let me know....

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #590
bonrea
Family-Above All Else In Life

We are looking for Veronica from Brazil. She was our server on the Dream in April 2011. If you have seen her pleas post.
bonrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #591
castawaycayfans
DIS Veteran

We are looking for Henry Diaz from Nicaragua and Nenad Biskup from Croatia. We had Henry on our cruise in 2010 on the Wonder, but ran into him on the Fantasy last January. We had Nenad on our 2010 and 2012 Magic cruises. We would love to have them again on our April cruise. Has anyone had them recently?
castawaycayfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #592
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

Looking for server Frank from Portugal (I believe). He was on the Dream in 2011. Hoping he is on the Magic. If not, any recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #593
bvpascoe
Disney Fan

December 8, 2012 western Fantasy cruise - Igor and Marlan MDR servers. Marlan was from the Philippines (2012 was her first Christmas away from home). I can't remember where Igor was from but Serbia sticks out in my mind. He'd been working cruise ships for 15 years. They were AWESOME!! Very attentive and personable. We actually saw Igor at least twice a day - seemed he was working wherever we chose to breakfast. Would love to know if either of them is still aboard the Fantasy as we sail again 5/31/14.

also, Lazlo in the spa was amazing for the hot stone massage. I know he was on board until may 2013.

Any info anyone could provide would be appreciated. While I tend to keep too much I cannot find last names for these folks.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #594
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
Hi Steven-Could you find out if he will be there Thanksgiving week please? I have heard of everyone talking about him and would like to request him. Last Thanksgiving our serving team was fine, but I know I have had much better.

Thanks
GREAT NEWS! Rado said he believes he will indeed be on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving! If you read some of ,my other posts, you might consider bringing him US or Canadian chocolate. I typically give small amounts to my server and assistant server after dessert. Most appreciate the thought. I tell them, if they do not like chocolate ... trade it with another cast member. That aside, Rado will not trade ... he will savor the flavor!

Side note: You might want to ask for Zsolt Szep (Hungary) as a back-up server. If you need a Palo Server, ask for Ivan Frick (Hungary) who also loves chocolate. Currently, there are two servers named Ivan (in Palo) ... so please be specific.

ENJOY!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #595
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

From what I heard yesterday Evandro(palo server) is not with DCL anymore.
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #596
The Sasquatch
Mouseketeer

Would love to hear from Camilla and Marco! They were awesome on our 12 person Dream cruise. The kids still talk about them
The Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #597
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer

Looking for Tibor, bartender on the Dream in 2012. We loved chatting with him in the Meridian bar. Anyone seen him lately?

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE

Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #598
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
GREAT NEWS! Rado said he believes he will indeed be on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving! If you read some of ,my other posts, you might consider bringing him US or Canadian chocolate. I typically give small amounts to my server and assistant server after dessert. Most appreciate the thought. I tell them, if they do not like chocolate ... trade it with another cast member. That aside, Rado will not trade ... he will savor the flavor! Side note: You might want to ask for Zsolt Szep (Hungary) as a back-up server. If you need a Palo Server, ask for Ivan Frick (Hungary) who also loves chocolate. Currently, there are two servers named Ivan (in Palo) ... so please be specific. ENJOY!
So what kind of chocolate does Rado like? He said he should be on in June when we sail. I think last week was his first cruise back. I just will have to be careful whatever we get does not melt in the June heat.
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #599
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
From what I heard yesterday Evandro(palo server) is not with DCL anymore.
WHUUUUTTT???? Oh no!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #600
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
So what kind of chocolate does Rado like? He said he should be on in June when we sail. I think last week was his first cruise back. I just will have to be careful whatever we get does not melt in the June heat.
You should be okay with most products made by Hershey or M&M Mars. Usually, the safest answer is ... almost anything with chocolate, in form of a candy BAR. I stay away from novelties like M&M's and Malted Milk Balls, since it's not really a candy BAR. I brought a Movie Theatre size box of Milk Duds (I know, not really a candy BAR) for Daniel Javor (no longer with DCL) ... he went berserk because they were his favorite, and he could not get them at home.

When I was in New York City, I stopped by the Hershey store in Times Square. I picked up a HUGE pair of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I think there were two in a pack, weighing a total of 2-3 pounds)? Rado said they were phenomenal ... so I would guess he would be fine with regular size Peanut Butter Cups.

As for heat? I have packed them in my carry-on luggage. Sometimes they melted (a little) .. not sure if that was because of heat in the plane, DCL transfers? Most of the time, heat is not an issue ... though I do tell them there MAY have been melting in transit. No matter ... it all tastes the same.

Side note: If you opt for Palo or Remy for dinner one night ... please consider stopping by the MDR to drop off chocolate. Yes, he/they will be thrilled. Then again, it's a small price to pay for the treatment and care they provide to us. Stuff like this goes a long way ... especially when the Head Server sees guests bringing treats for a server. The Head Servers take notice, and realize you appreciate your server(s).

Steven

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: