Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #556
vabmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jey12 View Post
Wondering if Richard, from France, was still a head server on the Wonder? I searched a few posts and saw he had been seen on the Dream last year, but also saw a recent post that he was on an Alaskan sailing on the Wonder. He was fantastic and we would love to request him on our next sailing on the Wonder.
@jey12 yes! Just got off the Wonder and he is now dining room manager.We adored him, he was especially kind to my two year old son.

Other amazing cast members: Head server: Santana Fernandes and Assistant Server Abby Conkleton. Especially for those families with young children!

We also had Sasha at Palo and he was wonderful

Last edited by vabmama; 12-07-2013 at 06:21 PM.
vabmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #557
mattcrimson
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

Does any one know if Phillip is still a server on the Dream? Also any idea if Harper and Chris are still on as well they worked in entertainment and were very often Character handlers.
All Star Sports 2007-All Star Sports 2008-All Star Sports 2009-Pop Century 2011-Boardwalk 2012-Pop Century 2013-Boardwalk 2013 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge 2014-Disney Dream & Port Orleans Riverside
mattcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #558
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gydell View Post
Thanks! We loved him for several trips on the Magic. Then at 10 years he retired. We saw him in 2011 on the Fantasy and he told us he was trying to get back to the Magic. He said it was his DCL home. I will miss him.
The Fantasy Maiden Voyage was March 2012 ... not 2011. I *thought* he returned to DCL for the Fantasy Maiden Voyage ... but could be wrong. As I understood, since he was newly returning to DCL, he had to be brought back as an Assistant Server. Fantasy Server friends of mine told me he was a new-return to the Fantasy when we were on the Maiden Voyage.

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #559
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
Our first sailing on the FANTASY is in three weeks for New Year's, anyone have any favorites, MDR, PALO or Remy?
Main Dining Room - Zsolt Szep (Hungary) or Radoslav "Rado" Hristev (Bulgaria)

Palo - Ivan Frick (Hungary) ... there are TWO Ivan's in Palo on the Fantasy, so make sure you specify Ivan FRICK.

Remy - We have only ever been to Remy once ... but I will check with my Palo server for suggestions.

For Palo and Remy requests ... it is best to make the request upon embarkation, versus requesting through your Travel Agent (or DCL). This is very important to remember, as not all servers work every Brunch. When you make a request at embarkation, the Palo and/or Remy Manager is generally available ... as such ... they have access to the scheduled shifts.

*** REMEMBER, when you request someone, please remember to tell them you heard about hem on DISboards. I have found it gives the servers an extra boost of excitement ... and they tend to make sure they take extra good care of you!

Steven

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
Old 12-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #560
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

If anyone has enjoyed Angela from Serbia as their assistant server we just got off the Magic and she is FINALLY headed home today. (I think she said she was supposed to get off before the refurb then got extended till November then extended again and got her plane ticket during this past cruise)
She was the best CM I've EVER had on any DCL cruise!
She told us she wouldn't be returning for 3-4 years
Hopefully we can see her again!

Just an FYI
Old 12-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #561
sdlong329

MAGIC & FANTASY server updates

Laszlo Gion (Hungary) - Palo Server / Magic: Returns home FOR vacation, April 25, 2014

Radoslav "Rado" Hristev (Bulgaria) - MDR Server / Fantasy: Returns home FROM vacation - back onboard the Fantasy on January 18, 2014

Steven

Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #562
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
Laszlo Gion (Hungary) - Palo Server / Magic: Returns home FOR vacation, April 25, 2014

Radoslav "Rado" Hristev (Bulgaria) - MDR Server / Fantasy: Returns home FROM vacation - back onboard the Fantasy on January 18, 2014

Steven
We are cruising on the June 14 fantasy and hope Radoslav will still be there. Do they usually do 6 months on?
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #563
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
We are cruising on the June 14 fantasy and hope Radoslav will still be there. Do they usually do 6 months on?
Some cast members have a little more leeway than others. Some are able to request shorter or longer contracts ... and some will even tweak their schedules to meet with past guests. I am not sure when his contract is to expire ... but I sent him a PM. I will let you know when I hear back from him. If he will not be on the ship, I can give you a few other names.

Steven

Old 12-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #564
sdlong329

Radoslav Hristev

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
Hi Beth - I spoke with Rado last night. He said he believes he will indeed be on the Fantasy for you in June. I had mentioned your first name ... he told me he remembers serving you last year (about the same time of year, to the best of his recollection) ... and also told me your last name (and his spelling was fairly good). For the life of me, I do not know how these cast members remembers everything!

Steven

Old 12-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #565
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Does no one sail on the Disney Wonder anymore? I need some suggestions!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #566
Saamh
Mouseketeer

We were on the Wonder last week. Our very favorite server, Mladdin from Serbia is now in Palo. I don't have any suggestions for a MDR server though. We had Mladdin on our very first cruise 3 1/2 years ago and have been looking for him since then. He is amazing. If you go to Palo definitely request him.
Saamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #567
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saamh View Post
We were on the Wonder last week. Our very favorite server, Mladdin from Serbia is now in Palo. I don't have any suggestions for a MDR server though. We had Mladdin on our very first cruise 3 1/2 years ago and have been looking for him since then. He is amazing. If you go to Palo definitely request him.
Mladen is currently not on board. He is taking some time off between contracts.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #568
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Beth - I spoke with Rado last night. He said he believes he will indeed be on the Fantasy for you in June. I had mentioned your first name ... he told me he remembers serving you last year (about the same time of year, to the best of his recollection) ... and also told me your last name (and his spelling was fairly good). For the life of me, I do not know how these cast members remembers everything! Steven
It was just one week later in June. In all our cruises he was by far the one we loved the most! I got his name here, as that was our first time on the fantasy and hope to have him again. Thanks for checking for me.
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #569
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride

Anyone know if Witt is still on the Fantasy? We're going on the Wonder in the fall, and I'm hoping Witt will move back over there.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #570
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Beth - I spoke with Rado last night. He said he believes he will indeed be on the Fantasy for you in June. I had mentioned your first name ... he told me he remembers serving you last year (about the same time of year, to the best of his recollection) ... and also told me your last name (and his spelling was fairly good). For the life of me, I do not know how these cast members remembers everything!

Steven
Hi Steven-Could you find out if he will be there Thanksgiving week please? I have heard of everyone talking about him and would like to request him. Last Thanksgiving our serving team was fine, but I know I have had much better.

Thanks

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: