Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #391
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzkds View Post

Which seating did you have? We were table 89 at late seating and I'm pretty sure Radoslav was helping with our table as well. Our Servers were Rini and Jeremy, and it was only Jeremy's second week! We loved them all!
Beth C
We had main dining table 90 and Jeremy helped so we tipped him as well. I could not remember Rini's name til I saw it here
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #392
colachdec
Mouseketeer

My family was also on the June 22nd Fantasy and I remember Rini and Jeremy. We were table 88 at main seating. They were not our servers but they seemed like a good team. Our servers were just ok so I am getting the idea to request someone special for our upcoming Magic adventure.
colachdec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #393
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colachdec View Post
My family was also on the June 22nd Fantasy and I remember Rini and Jeremy. We were table 88 at main seating. They were not our servers but they seemed like a good team. Our servers were just ok so I am getting the idea to request someone special for our upcoming Magic adventure.
Not sure when your sailing the Magic, but I can recommend Jorel from the Philippines as a server or Emily from Scotland as an assistant server. They were both fantastic people

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #394
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Zsolt Szep - Disney Fantasy

Zsolt Szep is returning from vacation to the Disney Fantasy (Main Dining Room) on September 28th (through much of February). Some of you will recall, Zsolt is one of a handful of the original "Disney Dream Team" ... and was hand selected to staff the Inaugural Sailings of the Disney Dream, and was later hand selected to staff the Inaugural Sailings of the Disney Fantasy.

If you'd like to experience truly sensational service ... I heartily suggest you contact your Travel Agent (or DCL) to "request" Zsolt Szep (Hungary) as your server. If you do request Zsolt ... let him know you heard about him on DISboards.

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)

Last edited by sdlong329; 08-06-2013 at 10:24 PM.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #395
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Disney Magic suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by colachdec View Post
Having recently sailed on the Magic ... you simply MUST request "Sammy" Sompong Poonchuroensuk (Thailand) for Main Dining Room Server ... and Laslo Gion (Hungary) for Palo Server. You will not find better servers on the Magic!

At the time, Sammy's Head Server was Neno Jekic (Croatia). We were seated a table of four ... each of us with a long list of special requests throughout the cruise, including the following to be served every night ... escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caeser salad with shaved Parmesan cheese, and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. We do not consider ourselves as high maintenance ... rather ... we know what we like. As a Head Server, Neno Jekic turned our cruise into 14 nights of phenomenal experiences.

Sammy's Assistant Server was I Made Swasitka (Indonesia). His first name is pronounced "E-mod-A." Some guests may not understand "Swastika" used as a name. In Thailand, "swastika" means ... may you prosper and have good fortune.

I have taken the liberty of posting information found online, regarding the swastika ...
"The Swastika is a symbol that belongs to the entire human race. They appear in many different forms and in almost all our ancestral cultures, existing for more than 15,000 years with different names. The Swastika was and always will be a symbol of protection and good luck. Unfortunately during the World War II, the Nazi's were effective in there misuse of the Swastika symbol."

The Nazi's changed the design of the original Swastika. The Nazi Swastika is a black cross in 45 degrees pointing to the right (the original Swastika points to the LEFT). Please remember, the (original) swastika symbol is positive in many countries and cultures, and there is no reason to connect this to the genocide associated with World War II.

Steven

Last edited by sdlong329; 08-06-2013 at 10:27 PM.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #396
chickamu
Earning My Ears

We were on the wonder to alaska..
A few people I would like to mention
Our servers from Chile.. Cristian and sebastian.. very funny..
Huong "shorty" from australia.. she was pin trader but I think they were moving her to art gallery..
Lastly kristy with dvc..
Great staff...
chickamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #397
markmyboy
Mouseketeer

Was wondering if anyone has seen Ciprian (server from India) and Jose (asst. server from...I forget) recently?
We got to spend nearly 3 weeks with them back in 2010 when the Magic did the Baltic cruises and they were wonderful. We had such a great time with them.
markmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #398
ludari
DIS Veteran

My favorite DCL cast member is on vacation in New York. We are FB friends and keep in touch all the time.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #399
BethA
DIS Veteran

I did not know you could make all those special requests
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #400
gumbypee
Mouseketeer

I had neno ( croatia) as head server too. He was sweet. Made a point if stopping by every night to check on us.

Still wondering if server Goran ( croatia) still on magic?
gumbypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #401
splashmommy
SplashMommy

Does anyone know if Sheree from the Philippines will be on the Fantasy in September? Thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #402
TamieH
Mouseketeer

Anyone know which ship Kendall from Trinidad & Tobago is on these days? We really liked him and missed him last time (left for vacation the day we boarded). Thanks!
TamieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #403
DisneyDreamer2504
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post

Having recently sailed on the Magic ... you simply MUST request "Sammy" Sompong Poonchuroensuk (Thailand) for Main Dining Room Server ... and Laslo Gion (Hungary) for Palo Server. You will not find better servers on the Magic!

At the time, Sammy's Head Server was Neno Jekic (Croatia). We were seated a table of four ... each of us with a long list of special requests throughout the cruise, including the following to be served every night ... escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caeser salad with shaved Parmesan cheese, and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. We do not consider ourselves as high maintenance ... rather ... we know what we like. As a Head Server, Neno Jekic turned our cruise into 14 nights of phenomenal experiences.

Sammy's Assistant Server was I Made Swasitka (Indonesia). His first name is pronounced "E-mod-A." Some guests may not understand "Swastika" used as a name. In Thailand, "swastika" means ... may you prosper and have good fortune.

I have taken the liberty of posting information found online, regarding the swastika ...
"The Swastika is a symbol that belongs to the entire human race. They appear in many different forms and in almost all our ancestral cultures, existing for more than 15,000 years with different names. The Swastika was and always will be a symbol of protection and good luck. Unfortunately during the World War II, the Nazi's were effective in there misuse of the Swastika symbol."

The Nazi's changed the design of the original Swastika. The Nazi Swastika is a black cross in 45 degrees pointing to the right (the original Swastika points to the LEFT). Please remember, the (original) swastika symbol is positive in many countries and cultures, and there is no reason to connect this to the genocide associated with World War II.

Steven
I used to work at a hotel that had tapestries displayed with swastikas on them. Despite trying to explain that it wasn't something the nazis created, and all the reasons you listed, I still had several guests huff and leave upset. Oh well, didn't miss them, lol.

Our favorite CM is named Yelena, from Serbia I believe. She's a bartender and certified mixologist. We met her in Sept 10 on the wonder, and in sept 11, she was supposed to be on the dream, and someone told us she'd been promoted, but was on vacation when we cruised. We're hoping to see her this Sept on the Fantasy!

Sept '10 - Wonder
Sept '11 - WDW Caribbean Beach/Dream - Honeymoon!
May '12 - AKV
Sept '13 - SSR/FANTASY
DisneyDreamer2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #404
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
Having recently sailed on the Magic ... you simply MUST request "Sammy" Sompong Poonchuroensuk (Thailand) for Main Dining Room Server You will not find better servers on the Magic!

At the time, Sammy's Head Server was Neno Jekic (Croatia).
Sammy's Assistant Server was I Made Swasitka (Indonesia). His first name is pronounced "E-mod-A." [/COLOR].

Steven
Off the Magic a couple of weeks ago. Sampong and I Made were the best servers we have ever had. Their head server has changed but these two are the best.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #405
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Anyone know if Liam Scott from Jamaica (head server) is still on the Fantasy? If so, we'd like to request him again in October.
Thanks!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: