Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
TweedleDee/Dum
Mouseketeer

Fish extenders question

Do you provide a gift for everyone in your FE group everyday? I don't really know how this process works, and my daughter has signed us up for a FE group😁😊.
TweedleDee/Dum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London UK : Q: Why can't Elsa use her computer A: Because at school she " Let IT go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDee/Dum View Post
Do you provide a gift for everyone in your FE group everyday? I don't really know how this process works, and my daughter has signed us up for a FE group😁😊.
Each FE has its own rules normally its one gift per cruise.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #3
hiderfamily
Earning My Ears

How many are usually in your fish extender group?
hiderfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiderfamily View Post
How many are usually in your fish extender group?
Each Fish Extender group sets up their own "rules" as to how many gifts, how often to deliver, how many rooms (whether they break up into smaller groups within the group).

We were in on FE group that was so large that it was broken into 6 different sub-groups of 20 rooms each. You could sign up to be in one sub-group or more. Another FE group was, if I recall correctly, something like 35 rooms. That's really too many for me.

I've seen some FE groups reporting that they only had 8 rooms.

It all depends on how many sign up and how your group wants to organize themselves.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:53 AM   #5
Amunet
DIS Veteran

If your FE group doesn't have any sort of specific guidelines like price cap or anything, then you do what your budget can handle!

Some people give gifts for the whole cabin/family, some break it up by age groups, some by genders, and some do for each person. Do what you'd like and can afford and don't worry if it's "good enough" because it will be, no matter what budget you have Everyone loves a FE surprise!
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Wonder
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
MelanieRenee
Earning My Ears

New to this..

How do we get signed up for the fish extender group on our cruise? We embark on the Dream on 12/14/15
Thanks so much for any help. I feel I am a WDW pro, but am swimming in new waters now!
Also is there any way to see sample daily ship itineraries?
MelanieRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:23 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRenee View Post
How do we get signed up for the fish extender group on our cruise? We embark on the Dream on 12/14/15
Thanks so much for any help. I feel I am a WDW pro, but am swimming in new waters now!
Also is there any way to see sample daily ship itineraries?
You need to go over to your Cruise Meet thread. That's where the Fish Extender list would be maintained, if your cruise has one. Here's a link to your meet thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3348436

By "itineraries" I think you mean the daily Navigators? (That's the daily paper with all the activities in it). You can find some past ones here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 01-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
muse7mom
Mouseketeer

On our 7-day last June we did one gift for the adults and one for the kids on one day and a gift for just kids on Pirate Night. I can't remember exactly how many cabins, maybe 12, but DD and I had fun delivering them. We loved seeing the door decorations, the FE holders and the art. It also burned calories so we could sneak up and get an ice cream.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #9
my3luckycharms
Earning My Ears

Possibly dumb question but I am considering doing it for our next cruise (gone on 2 previous cruises and have never done one)…does anyone make & sell the door hanger things that people use for their gifts? I am the least creative person EVER and would probably need to buy one. Also, is there a thread somewhere with examples of what people have given/gotten in the past to give me some ideas?
my3luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3luckycharms View Post
Possibly dumb question but I am considering doing it for our next cruise (gone on 2 previous cruises and have never done one)…does anyone make & sell the door hanger things that people use for their gifts? I am the least creative person EVER and would probably need to buy one. Also, is there a thread somewhere with examples of what people have given/gotten in the past to give me some ideas?
I found this on the FAQ sticky, it's an how to make a no-sew FE hanger:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=609

I believe I've read that people have been able to find them on Etsy (I think that's the name).

And a couple of threads about FE gifts:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=best+fe+gift

Old 01-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #11
my3luckycharms
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I found this on the FAQ sticky, it's an how to make a no-sew FE hanger:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=609

I believe I've read that people have been able to find them on Etsy (I think that's the name).

And a couple of threads about FE gifts:

Thanks you are the best!
my3luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #12
WVBelle
Escaping Provincial Life

Thank you for this post! Looking forward to our first cruise and taking part in FE!
WVBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #13
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3luckycharms View Post

I keep is simple and cost effective. I have always just used a plain white gift bag that I decorated with Disney stuff! No need for super fancy outside our cabin door.
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:53 PM   #14
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurette View Post
I keep is simple and cost effective. I have always just used a plain white gift bag that I decorated with Disney stuff! No need for super fancy outside our cabin door.
I've seen plastic grocery bags used as FE bags. As well as basic canvas bags.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:34 AM   #15
devmer
Mouseketeer

Has anyone had any issues with having their names on their FE? A lot of the ones I've seen online has the last name on the top and the individual's names on each pocket. Do most people have their names on them?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: