Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
Cruella 66
DIS Veteran

Location: Two stars to the right and straight on until morning

Senses

Dream alumni: Who's been to Senses? What did you do? Was it worth the price? Would you do it again? Thank you!!! Cindy
Old 10-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
rhinodadz
Earning My Ears

For me, using the rainforest room is worth the $16 per day for at least a couple days during the cruise. And we always treat ourselves to hot stone massages - a little pricey but heavenly.
rhinodadz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
Cruella 66
DIS Veteran

What do you do in the Rainforrest room?
Old 10-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella 66 View Post
Dream alumni: Who's been to Senses? What did you do? Was it worth the price? Would you do it again? Thank you!!! Cindy
1) Me!
2) I've done the fire & ice mani/pedi, got a haircut, had a massage, had a facial, done the rainforest room, so pretty much a bit of most everything
3) No
4) Yes

Ok, 3&4 seem at odds, right? No, it wasn't really worth the extra cost over the same thing at home. I mean, I can get a great massage here for easily 1/3 less. But...yes, I'd do it again b/c I don't usually treat myself at home! On the cruise, it is right there, my daughter is occupied in the club and I get to indulge. So, in that sense, it is totally worth it!

I think the only downside is that sometimes, they really push the products. I've had it simply just mentioned like "hey, I used this on you" to someone shoving about 10 different boxes of stuff I just had to have or my skin would wither and die in my face. I don't mind a little bit of it, to be honest I 've bought the Elemis products in the past, and they are pretty good, so if there is something I like, I might actually be willing to shell out the money for it. I do believe in taking care of your skin. But sometimes, it can feel pushy when you just really want to relax. In my experience, this has been most notable on the Dream. I haven't had the same level of intensity about the purchasing on the other ships (though have not sailed on the Fantasy). That being said, you can put that you are not interested in any products on your little spa form and I think they will most honor that, so long as they notice.
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
joy327
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrecmc

1) Me!
2) I've done the fire & ice mani/pedi, got a haircut, had a massage, had a facial, done the rainforest room, so pretty much a bit of most everything
3) No
4) Yes

Ok, 3&4 seem at odds, right? No, it wasn't really worth the extra cost over the same thing at home. I mean, I can get a great massage here for easily 1/3 less. But...yes, I'd do it again b/c I don't usually treat myself at home! On the cruise, it is right there, my daughter is occupied in the club and I get to indulge. So, in that sense, it is totally worth it!

I think the only downside is that sometimes, they really push the products. I've had it simply just mentioned like "hey, I used this on you" to someone shoving about 10 different boxes of stuff I just had to have or my skin would wither and die in my face. I don't mind a little bit of it, to be honest I 've bought the Elemis products in the past, and they are pretty good, so if there is something I like, I might actually be willing to shell out the money for it. I do believe in taking care of your skin. But sometimes, it can feel pushy when you just really want to relax. In my experience, this has been most notable on the Dream. I haven't had the same level of intensity about the purchasing on the other ships (though have not sailed on the Fantasy). That being said, you can put that you are not interested in any products on your little spa form and I think they will most honor that, so long as they notice.
I had same feeling when they pushing me to buy their products. It's hard for me to say no, so I ended up purchasing way too much than I would like. I would like to just simply relax and then pay for tip and leave but with all those pushing, it felt so awkward.
So after that, I only buy rainforest pass. Much better when I can do everything I like there, relax, read my books. The pass price is reasonable, too.
joy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
rhinodadz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella 66 View Post
What do you do in the Rainforrest room?
The Rainforest room has a dry sauna, steam room, Hamam (Turkish steam bath), 4 different hot/cold/aroma showers, heated tile loungers and 2 hot tubs on a balcony overlooking the sea. I find it all very relaxing. The following links may be helpful to you:

http://youtu.be/VNL-inZJp4E

http://www.passporter.com/articles/r...m-fantasy.html
rhinodadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Cruella 66
DIS Veteran

Thank you!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: