DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
tink'smom2B
Chasing Tinkerbell Full Time

Halloween, Food & Wine Festival ???'s

Do you know when the MNSSHP tickets will go on sale? Do we as DVC owners get a discount? Also, Food & Wine Festival - are there special events we need tickets for? Will there be discounts for those? When do you think we'll start hearing about these events? This will be our first trip in October so it's all new to me

tink'smom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

MNSSHP party tickets usually go on sale around May 1st. There is a discount for DVC members/annual pass holders on select dates for advance purchase. Not all dates are discounted and tickets have to be purchased ahead of time. You can do this by calling MS. The F&W schedule will be out sometime late July-early August. You can get an idea of what to expect by checking out the events section F&W on the DIS. The food and beverage demonstrations offer a little discount that are booked through MS. You'll get an email or some kind of notification from MS when you're able to book. I'm not aware of any other discounts for members for F&W. Plan ahead...if there is something that REALLY interests you for the festival, book early. Many of the very popular offerings sell out quickly including party for the senses and some of the signature meals and big cooking demos. Most of the high end events take place on Fri, Sat, Sun. All of the kiosks are open every day, the festival center is open every day and there are some events on a daily basis. F&W gets very $$ very quickly so have a budget in mind and stick to it.

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
tink'smom2B

Thanks for the very helpful information

Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We LOVED MNSSHP...much more than Wine & Food Fest. The party is amazing, the fireworks and laser show are THE best ever...so worth the extra money. My advise, don't go to the parks the DAY of the party. Chill out and relax by the pool. We went the day we all arrived, VERY tired and dragging. That was our only regret.

Wine & Food is very expensive and to us, not worth it. Epcot was so crowded it was hard to see & do all our favorite countries. It IS cool to see but for us, we're in no rush to go back.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

We just grabbed a 1BR at BCV for late October/early November, and are "Fall newbies" as well...
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

New to the fall festivities as well. Our first MNSSHP, first F&W and first trip without our kids.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

We love the F&W festival! We don't usually don't do the paid events. We eat our way around the world for lunch on weekdays. It is much more crowded on the weekends with locals so I would avoid that if possible. I love sampling the foods from around the world. This year will be our first time for MNSSHP and we are looking forward to that as well.

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
tink'smom2B

We are bringing our girls, age 9 & 12. I was looking at the F&W from last year and the Dessert Party sounded fun. It looks as though you would get special seating for Illuminations. Does anyone know about that? We were at a dessert party at the Magic Kingdom and we loved it!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink'smom2B View Post
We are bringing our girls, age 9 & 12. I was looking at the F&W from last year and the Dessert Party sounded fun. It looks as though you would get special seating for Illuminations. Does anyone know about that? We were at a dessert party at the Magic Kingdom and we loved it!
This dessert party also includes adult beverages and a bit more "fancy" desserts. Also costs quite a bit more.

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
We LOVED MNSSHP...much more than Wine & Food Fest. The party is amazing, the fireworks and laser show are THE best ever...so worth the extra money. My advise, don't go to the parks the DAY of the party. Chill out and relax by the pool. We went the day we all arrived, VERY tired and dragging. That was our only regret.

Wine & Food is very expensive and to us, not worth it. Epcot was so crowded it was hard to see & do all our favorite countries. It IS cool to see but for us, we're in no rush to go back.

This is our plan the day of MNSSHP. We're going to sleep in, chill by the pool, and then grill tri tip before heading off.

I'm worried about F&W being crowded especially on the weekends.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Crowded doesn't even begin to describe F&W on the weekends. On Saturday nights you better strap on some battle armor to get through the crowds.

If you have no choice but to visit F&W on the weekend, Sunday is better than Saturday. And for both days, get to the World Showcase right as it opens at 11. There won't be any lines at the kiosks and you'll be able to get plenty of tasting in that way. You'll see about an hour or two later it will be pretty crowded and finding places to sit and eat become downright impossible. By about 4 p.m. on Saturday the evening crowds will have arrived for the concerts and a night of eating and drinking, emphasis on the drinking.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

This is our 8th year in a row for going to WDW during MNSSHP and F&W Fest. This is our absolutely favorite time of year to go. Hallowishes and the parade are the best by far. With the crowds being low at the MK and the rides are practically walk on it is just wonderful. And know matter how old you are you can still trick or treat at all the candy stands and nobody cares. We even got our faces painted for free one year. That was fun.

And we love to try the foods and drinks at F&W. We have exposed our girls to a lot of different foods by doing this. And they have actually become kind of food snobs! lol.

We just love going during the fall season. If you have never given this time of year a try, please do and reserve judgement for your self. Yes, EPCOT is very crowded on the weekends but it is still very doable. Just take your time and enjoy everything. We spend a good 2-3 days doing F&W because there are so many options and we get so full that we just have to stop and say we will come back tomorrow! And if there is something that we really loved, we just have to go back and have one more.

But, again, this is just our opinion. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #13
Song of the South
Mouseketeer

Question--Is the food better at the kiosks during F&W then from the quick serve country specific kiosks normally? Are there wider selections or is it the same menus?

Thanks!

SotS
Song of the South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
This is our plan the day of MNSSHP. We're going to sleep in, chill by the pool, and then grill tri tip before heading off.

Crowded and rowdy, avoid if at all possible.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Crowded and rowdy, avoid if at all possible.

It's being totally avoided. Weekdays only. Does F&W effect FW crowds much?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: