Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt, and DW all during SB, Update 7/21

Ola Everyone!!! Thanks for joining in…

Be prepared for a really crazy and indecisive Trip Report because this Disney trip was the most on again and off again trip I have ever planned.

Since I didn’t write a pretrip report I will need to fill you in a little bit of information before I get to the real trip report.

So just hang on for the ride.

Now for the 3 Cabellero-etts!!

DD – Rae/Suzie – 17
DDBF/Niece – Meghan/Barbra – 18 by 6 months
Me – Momma/Auntie – 49

DD – Rae - 17

Senior in High School, Rae’s first time to Disney was our Once in a Lifetime/Surprise Trip. in July 2006, and that’s where it all began, Rae fell in love with Disney. Rae loves Disney so much that we plan on moving to Orlando after she graduates in May so that she can audition for Disney and hopefully work in a parade, show or something of that sort.

Rae is a Gymnast, Dancer, Cheerleader, and an aspiring actress plus she is an all around awesome daughter. She plans on attending University of Central Florida and major in Hospitality Management and one day she wants to be the Manager at Beach Club or be Cinderella.

Rae’s Favorites…
BC is her favorite resort,
DHS is her favorite Park,
Tower of Terror is her favorite ride
Hallow-Wishes is her favorite Fireworks show
Cinderella is her favorite Princess and she loves everything about Stitch.

DD-BF – Meghan – 18

She is also a senior at the same high school. This will be Meghan first trip to the most magical place on earth. Meghan loves all the Disney movies and she also loves all the home movies that we have made her watch. Meghan is a cheerleader with Rae, and is involved in choir, dance, and she also participated in our high school musical. She plans on attending college at one of our local schools.

Meghan doesn’t have any favorites yet, but she will after it’s all over.

Me – Momma – Auntie and Carolyn

I am a Disney crazy Momma, I love everything about it. I’m very OCD and I love to plan and plan and plan, if I don’t have a trip in the works than I just make up dates and start planning a pretend trip so I can just do some planning.
I stay pretty busy with Rae but I am also a mother of 2 boys.

My oldest son Eric, in the faded blue Polo cap, is 23 and is an assistant golf pro in Frisco, Texas. He attended college in Orlando at Professional Golfers Career College and worked in Orlando at David Ledbetter’s Golf School for a year and then found a job back in Texas…

My middle child Brady, in the Titleist cap, is my other son, he’s 20 and attends college at Hardin Simmons University in our home town. He is a ministry major and plans on becoming a youth minister. During the summers Brady works at Pinecove Family Camp in Tyler, Texas, and he loves everything that Pinecove offers.

Both of my boys love Disney but not like Rae.

I am also married to most wonderful man in the world and the really awesome thing is that he loves Disney more than me.

My Favorites…
BC is my favorite resort
Epcot is my favorite park
Soar’in is my favorite ride
Illuminations is my favorite fireworks show
And I love everything Belle!!!!

More to come!!!!
Reason for the Trip

Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters

Last edited by TexasBelle; 07-21-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Day 1 - Saturday
Travel Day

Who's going, not going, Oh wait she's going???? Plus on again, off again plans
Rain, Construction, Bridges, and Florida

Day 2 - Sunday
Travel Day & Epcot

What you cancelled my reservations, I'm now staying Where????
Topiaries, Cute Guys, Rain, Cute Guys, IllumiNations, Cute Guys

Day 3 - Monday
House Hunting & City Walk Universal

15 TownHouses, Sardines, Pei Wei, and Pool Time.
Catching a Wave!!! Universal

Day 4 - Tuesday
Disney Hollywood Studios

I need a Coke Now!!! ToT twice... RnRC
Where's Belle???
Oh Beast, I love you!!!
Siesta, Pixie Dust, Flash Mob...
Pixar Pals - Countdown to Fun...
Pixar Pals - Countdown to Fun, Pg. 2
Pixar Pals - Countdown to Fun, Pg. 3
Pixar Pals - Countdown to Fun, Pg. 4
Phineas & Ferh - Nevermind... Showtime.

A side note!!!!!
A Little Change in Plans... Thought I'd post and let you know what's going on...

Day 5 - Wednesday
Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom, We're here!!! Look Barbra
STITCH... Enough Said!
PeopleMovers
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for Me...
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade...
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade... Pg. 2
A Hop, Skip and a Jump
It's a Great Big Beautiful World...
It's a Small Wor... Winnie the Pooh... Sing Along with Me...
And Their Off... Who's in the Lead...

Day 6 - Thursday
Lost in Never never land...

I guess nothing happened this day because I only have a few pictures and no notes.

Day 7 - Friday
Downtown Disney and Heading Home

Time to Leave, No I'm not ready yet!
Up, Up and Away, In my Beautiful, My Beautiful Balloon
West Bound... Here we come!!!

Day 8 - Saturday
Driving Home

Homeward Bound

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters

Last edited by TexasBelle; 07-21-2012 at 02:57 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Who's going, not going, oh wait, she's going???? Plus on again off again plans.

Reason for this trip!!!

Since our plan is to move to Orlando after Rae graduates from high school we felt like we need a quick trip to survey the Orlando area, look at colleges, house hunt, and spend 1 or 2 days in Disney. Our plan was to do lots of running around the area so I felt like we should just drive to Orlando; even though it’s a really long 23 hour haul but I knew that Rae and I would have so much fun listening to music and making our plans for the move.

So the trip was on, Mom and Rae heading to Orlando!

So, one day back in September, Rae asked me, “Can Barbra go with us to Orlando?” (now Meghan and Rae call each other Barbra and Suzie so If I refer to Meghan as Barbra that would be why)

So I got to thinking about what Rae asked and I thought that would be so much fun to take her along. So I spoke with her mom,
Chesley...

and she felt like it would be a great idea but there were a few obstacles that might interfere. She would get back to me and let me know. So, Barbra, Suzie and I were heading to DisneyWorld!!!!!!

Where to stay…

We are huge fans of the Epcot/Boardwalk resorts because of the convenience of Epcot and DHS. Rae has stayed at BeachClub and Yacht Club and I’ve stayed at BC, YC and BoardWalk, but on this trip I wanted to make it really special for Meghan, (First Trip) so I started pricing Polynesian, BeachClub, and Caribbean Beach Resort.

Finally after much debate... Drum roll..
Caribbean Beach Resort is what we choose.

Photo courtesy of the internet

Rae and I both love the Beach, and this past summer I surprise Rae with her first cruise to Caribbean’s. So my thinking was how awesome CBR reminded me of our cruise and since we have never stayed at CBR maybe that would be a fabulous place to stay. Also, when you travel on the Magic Express Bus from the airport to the BeachClub one of the first stops that it makes is CBR before heading to YC and BC and I have always loved the look of CBR and thought it would be an awesome place to stay even though it is so hard to stay somewhere else when we are so spoiled to the convenience of BeachClub.

I am so excited, my choice is made and I called WDW-Disney and put my deposit down and started budgeting and planning for our spring break trip!!!

After a couple of month’s I found out that Meghan just had so many obstacles that she would be unable to go with us, so I decided to make some major changes in our plans. Since it was just going to be Rae and I, and we had so many other things that we need to do in Orlando, I started thinking that maybe we should just stay off property. So back on the phone to WDW I called and I cancelled our reservations and all of our dining plans.

I started doing some research and found a great new resort Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort.

It was located right across from Caribbean Beach Resort. Perfect… So I made my reservations at a really great price.

But I also decided that I would make a reservation at Clarion Inn.

which is located over on Palm Parkway, a hop skip and a jump from Downtown Disney. So, I had two places reserved.

So our plans were on. Rae and I would from Abilene to Orlando with spending the night in Biloxi and the next day on into Orlando. We should arrive in Orlando around 4:00, check into our hotel and head over to Epcot. On Monday we have plans to see our realtor and look at townhouses, Thursday, we sat up appointment with University of Central Florida and Valencia Community College, the other days we could do whatever we wanted.

As Spring Break was getting closer and closer my budget kept getting smaller and smaller, So I cancelled the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort knowing that I had a really great rate at the Clarion Inn and I also knew that we would just sleep and shower at our motel.

So about 3 weeks before spring break Chesley and I were out having cocktails at the club and she turned to me and said.
“Meghan doesn’t have any obstacles in the way for a spring break trip

I turned to her and said, “Does this mean Barbra can go with us to Disney???”

She said, “I think so!!!”

I said, “It’s really easy for me to just add her to our trip. There is plenty of room in my car; our hotel room has 2 queen beds which means there is room for her to sleep. All she would need is spending money for souvenirs, I can feed her and I will buy her Disneyworld park tickets.

We are so excited...

Meghan was heading to DisneyWorld with us….

My new planning was back on…

Now I had to figure out how Meghan is going to see all 4 parks, every fireworks show, and all the parades in 5 days, plus house hunt and look at colleges. Wow, good thing I only had 3 weeks to plan it.

I started pricing tickets and knew that we would need at least 4 days in the Parks…
4 parks/4 days maybe even a park hopper.
After trying to figure it out I decided that since 3 day tickets were $696.00, 4 day tickets were $729.00 and 5 day tickets were $753.00 and with the difference between a 3 day tickets and a 5 day ticket was only $57.00. Why not just get the 5 day tickets with NO hopper. So I figured why not go for it, we could maybe squeeze an evening in somewhere and if not I wasn’t out a whole lot of money.

So I bought 5 day tickets with No Hopper and started planning my days. I wasn’t able to make any dining reservations because most everything was booked. But my tickets were bought

Staying at Clarion Inn on Palm Parkway
5 day park tickets

Now for the Plan...

Here’s what I came up with

Saturday, March 10th
Leave Abilene traveling to either to Biloxi, Miss or Pensacola, Florida and spending the night. I have reservations at both places.

Sunday, March 11th
Time Change – Uggg
Also gain another hour for Eastern Time zone - Uggg
Up early drive to Orlando
Check in to the Clarion Inn
Head to Epcot
Soar’in
Dinner - Test Track
Walk around the World
Illuminations
Home

Monday, March 12th
Realtor will pick us up at 10:00 – House Hunt all day
Universal City Walks – Dinner at Bubba Gump’s

Tuesday, March 13th
Disney Hollywood Studio’s
Do everything there
3:00 – Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade
Fantasmic
Home

Wednesday, March 14th
Magic Kingdom
Do everything there
Celebrate a Dream come True Parade
Main Street Electric Parade
Wishes
Park closes at Midnight

Thursday, March 15th
See Colleges
Drive around Orlando
Go to a park – whichever one the girls want to go to and watch the fireworks show

Friday, March 16th
Check out of the hotel
A quick trip to Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo
Leave the park
Head to Downtown Disney
Shopping at World of Disney
1:00 eat lunch and then start heading for home
Spend the night in Biloxi

Saturday, March 17th
Biloxi to Abilene

That’s the intro’s
That’s the who, how and why’s
So that’s my plans!
Up next Day 1

TexasBelle
Carolyn

Last edited by TexasBelle; 04-19-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Rain, Construction, Bridges and Florida

Well I think I’m all caught up on giving you a little of information on this trip…

Now the real trip report begins…

Day 1, Saturday
Travel day!!!!

After a great week of cheer tryouts and passing down the torch to 12 other girls, the start to the end of our senior year was coming to a close. No more cheerleading!!!!

I started packing a few weeks before the trip so I was packed and ready to go…
Rae started packing on Wednesday and all she had left to do was shower on Saturday morning and load those things. I wasn’t sure about Meghan, but felt that she was probably packing Friday night.

My plans for Saturday morning was to be on the highway by 6:00am, because I knew we had a really long ways to go that day.

Well guess what!!! we made it. Rae and I were both up very early!!! Very excited about heading to DISNEYWORLD.

We were at Meghan’s house right about 5:45 and started loading the car… and we pulled out of her driveway at 6:00 on the dot. I knew we had a long 14 hour drive (per mapquest) today!!! So we needed to stay on target!!!

Now remember how excited they were, well we weren’t but about 20 miles east of Abilene and both of the girls were back asleep…

The drive was very uneventful since they were sound asleep, except for the on again off again rain… My drive was Abilene to Dallas and then south out of Dallas to Houston, hoping to get to Houston at lunch time.

Heading south on I45 is this really huge statue of Sam Houston

I was making really great time, (speed limit at 75 helps) and we started getting close to Houston around 11:15 and then

baam…

we ran into major construction where we came to a complete stop.

construction #1 for 20 minutes.

We finally made it through!

My plans was to find the chick-fil-a that I had google'd, So, I saw the highway sign that had many fast food joints on it and Chick-fil-a was on it and thought there it is, but it ended up being the one that was 2 miles west of the highway…

Dang, #1 wrong turn…

but it didn’t matter it was lunch time and we were starving for Chick-fil-a.

After a quick lunch then back on the Highway we went,

I had mapquest'd my route so I felt like I knew where I was going, well obviously I didn’t because I took the wrong turn

Dang, #2 wrong turn

and there went another 15 minutes trying to get over to I10.

Now on I10, Finally…. In the rain...

Now remember this is travel day and the girls will probably be mad at me for posting these 2 pictures but this is how we look when we travel...

Watching a movie!!!

Now for the long haul all the way across the rest of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and then Florida!!!.

Finally in Louisiana and about 10 miles west of Lake Charles

Bamm…

we came to another dead stop…

Construction #2…

We sat there and we sat there and we sat there. Along with everyone else from Texas heading to Orlando!!!! Finally we moved a little and sat, moved a little and sat.

Finally I could see the bridge…

As we crept closer and closer, I could see that we were narrowing down to the right hand lane on the Bridge…. Finally we narrowed down to the lane and started moving, up and over the bridge we went.

What a beautiful view from way up here…

I’m not real sure why all the other lanes were closed on the bridge, I think they just wanted to slow us up for an HOUR!!!!!

Yes, we lost an hour in #2 construction...

One of the reason’s I wanted to go the long way to Orlando was because of the bridges. They are so beautiful and I wanted the girls to experience it.

Now we’re moving again….

On down the highway we went right through Lafayette and then on over the 20 mile long bridge. We were moving along making great time again and than

Baam!!!!!

Another slam on your brakes stop!!!!

Again, there is no warning, just Baam… Everyone’s stopped!!!

Construction #3

There we sat again… Have you heard this before!!!

This time we were about 5 miles west of Baton Rouge and the Bridge over the Mississippi!!!! Yes, it’s the bridge and yes there is construction on the bridge!!!

Finally after 30 minutes and Construction #3, off we went again, up and over the Mississippi River

and right through downtown Baton Rouge and on our way down the highway we went.

Through Louisiana, on through Mississippi, Alabama, we made great use of the rest stops along the way, which made for a quick stop and I had also packed a huge cooler full of juice boxes, water, gatorades, and cokes.

Cooler in the back!!

We had a great lunch and munched on all the yummy food that I packed. So we decided that we would skip dinner. It started getting dark outside and we were finally making our way across Mississippi and on into Mobile, Alabama where the tunnel is and it was getting closer and closer. I was so excited for the girls to see the tunnel.

Before we knew it we were through the tunnel and making great time to Florida!!!!

We made it to Pensacola!!!!! I kept looking for my exit and the hotel and baam, there it went. I passed it.

Dang! Wrong turn #3…

We had to drive about 2 miles for a turn around and then back to the hotel we went… We made it. It was 9:45. Boy: we were worn out. We checked into the very full La Quinta and we crashed.

Day 1, was lots of fun, singing to the music, watching movie's and munching on all the snacks. The constructions wasn't to bad, just killed lots of time, but we made the best of it, and the great thing is we still made it to Pensacola before 10:00.

Day 2
Driving to Orlando
DISNEYWORLD and EPCOT!!!

Last edited by TexasBelle; 04-19-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

What you cancelled my reservations, I’m now staying Where???

DAY 2 – Sunday
Driving to Orlando
Epcot

First things first…
DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME is here!!!!

What a bad idea to plan a trip to Disneyworld when we have 2 time changes, DLST and East Coast time. I thought I got up early enough but I didn’t because we were already running behind. I wanted to make it to Lake Buena Vista and our hotel by 3:00 and Epcot by 4:00, not really sure if that’s going to happen but I sure was going to try really hard.

The girls made really great time on getting ready and before we knew it we got on the road!

While driving we made really good use of the several wonderful rest stops on I10.

That's my big white SUV...

In Texas our favorite place to get a really yummy hamburger is WHATABURGER!!!! We just love it and the last one in Florida that we know of is in Tallahassee, so our goal is to make Tallahassee for an early lunch/late breakfast at Whataburger…

After a wonderful early lunch we were back on the road again, heading for Orlando, finally we were south bound on I75, and the clouds kept getting thicker and thicker, please no rain… Not on Meghan’s first trip. As we made the turn on the turnpike and then on to Toll road 409, and Disneyworld was getting so close… and it started raining.

Finally the exit sign, Disneyworld exit.

Then guess what we saw!!!!

Isn't it beautiful, even in the rain!!!!

We made our way through Disneyworld on over to Downtown Disney

and then on over to Palm Parkway. Finally its 3:00 and we’re here!!!! Perfect timing. My plan was to check in really quick, girls get ready and head on over to Epcot… I’m so excited!!!!!

BUT!!!

Something went wrong…

I went inside the Clarion Inn to check inn, I carried in my nifty notebook that had my confirmation number in it and my cash to pay for my room. I was all set.

“Good Afternoon, Can I help you?” The very young lady asked.

With excitement in my voice, I said, “I need to check in”, so, I gave the young lady my name and my confirmation number.

She started trying to pull it up and she couldn’t find it. She asked me, “Did you write the confirmation number down wrong?”

and I replied, by pulling up the email that I got from the hotel with my confirmation number on it.

Thank you IPhones, I love that I can read my emails on it..

Again, she started searching for my name, and she said , “I am unable to find you in our system.”

Now I was getting a little anxious… and my response was,

“I made this reservation about 45 days ago, so you should have my reservation, again, here is the confirmation that I got from your hotel and here is the confirmation number!”

Again she started looking and her response this time was

“I’m sorry but your reservation has been cancelled.”

“WHAT???????”

“My reservation has been cancelled!!!!!!!!”

“WHY????

“It shouldn’t have been”,

Then I said, “I didn’t just drive for 23 hours and 1400 miles for you to tell me that my reservation has been cancelled!” fear was really taking over!!!!!.

“Yes, your reservation has been cancelled” said the young lady.

“Well then you had better find me a room!”

She said, “I don’t have any rooms available, we are completely full”

I was now getting really stressed…

“Young lady, you had better get me your manager, now!!!”

I was shaking!!!!! I was so upset… I couldn’t figure out why this had happened… Where were we going to stay… In our car??? In their parking lot???

By this time the girls had come in and they were wondering what was going on???

Rae immediately noticed that I was red in the face, shaking and very upset…

She said, “what’s going on?”

“They have cancelled our reservations and we have no where to stay!!!!”

Finally the manager came up and I asked her, “Why was our reservation cancelled?”

She informed me that they ran my credit card this morning for our room and it was declined so they cancelled my reservation. Oh my gosh!!!!! I was crying by this time…

My response was “of course it’s not going through; I don’t carry a huge limit on it because it’s my daughter’s credit card!!!” That why I told the girl when I made the reservations that I was going to pay for the rooms with cash!!!!”

“See, here’s my cash!”

She said, “well I’m sorry, but I that’s our policy.”

“Policy, what policy????”

I was so mad…

I said, ”Then you had better find me a place to stay or I’m staying here in your lobby!” as I’m crying…

She said, “I can call over to our sister resort and see if they have any rooms available.”

I said, “You better get on the phone.”

So off she went, as I stood there crying.

Finally after about an hour – ok it seemed like an hour, she came back and said they have some rooms available, so I’ll send you over there.

Here is some instructions on how to get over there and this also has the rate that you would have gotten here and they should honor your same rate, and she wrote it down on the piece of paper that had a picture of the resort,

now wait RESORT picture on it and information,

and she said, “this is how you get there and this is what it’s called “Rosen Shingles Resort and Spa”

Spa and Resort???? No it couldn’t be something that awesome!!!! I couldn’t believe what the picture looked like – it was huge

But

I was so afraid that she was lying to me… They weren’t very nice about the whole situation so I was very skeptical.

Back to our car we went…

So I immediately got on the phone to Chesley and was telling her what happen and she google’d the resort and it was an awesome place…
but,
I just couldn’t believe that this was happening to us.

As I’m making my way over to our hotel, we past by SeaWorld and then on over by the convention center area but further and further away from my precious Disneyworld…

We were following the directions and I became so afraid that she was sending us to some kind of hole in the wall hotel.

Then Rae yelled

“There it is!!!

“Oh my gosh!, that’s not it.” I said, “There’s no way!!! This is way too fancy!!!” Remember the Clarion Inn is just a Motel and they told me that they would send me over to their sister RESORT…

But I went ahead and pulled in. Since that’s what the directions told me to do.

I pulled in to the security guard house and told him, “I was here to check in,” and he told me “Go ahead, on up this road and on into the circle drive.”

and this is what I see!!

So up I went, to the circle drive. I parked and got out and told the girls to wait here.

I walked into this huge lobby trying to figure out where to go, and finally I was standing in front of this really long check in desk and this really sweet girl down at the very end of the counter said, “Can I help you?”

I walked down there and gave her the piece of paper that Clarion Inn had given me and my driver’s license. I told her that I need to check in and so she started pulling up my name.

Now the manager at Clarion Inn said that she would put my name in their computer system and by the time I got there, it should be ready to go.

Needless to say, my name wasn’t in the computer and now I was afraid that she had sent me on a wild goose chase…

But the very sweet Asst Front Manager, Angie – That’s the young lady that asked me “Can I help you” She was the Asst. Front Manager…

So back to her, she said, “I’m sorry your names not in here, but no problem… I’ll just add you into our system and you’ll be set to goooo.”

“Set to go!!!!!”

“We have a room!!!!!!”

“Yes!” she said, “and yes I will honor your $59.00 a night rate.”

So we were set. I whipped out my cash and paid her $340.00 something dollars for the whole week, which is probably what 1 night cost, and now we were staying at this fabulous Resort.

Lots of Pixie Dust!!!!

On top of that, I started talking to her about why we were here and how Rae was planning on going to Valencia Community College and hopefully Grandfather in to the Rosen School of Hospitality

and she said, “Do you know that the school is right next door?”

“No!” I said

And she said, “I did the very same thing as what your daughter wants to do.” Have her come and talk to me tomorrow and I will give her some really great information.

Lots of Pixie Dust Again... The Magic is with us!!!

Oh my goodness…

We couldn’t believe what was happening! The girls were so excited… We went and parked in the huge parking lot and up we went to our fabulous room carrying our entire luggage in the rain, but we didn’t care. This place was amazing…

Here’s the view from our room…

Our room! Sorry not the best pictures...

We stayed in our room for a very short few minutes, the girls changed and put on their makeup and off we went heading to Epcot!!!!

I knew my way around this area pretty good because of Eric living here and riding around with him. So I felt like I could get us over to Disney without any problem. Which I did!!! I’m so proud of myself.

Finally – We were in Orlando, close to Disneyworld and now heading to Epcot!!!!

Day 2 - Sunday
More to come
Epcot!!!!!
Texasbelle
Carolyn

Last edited by TexasBelle; 04-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
mousecrazy2006
Mouseketeer

Great Job

GReat job so far, I Love it and i even made a guest appearance Keep it up.
3rd trip to the World - Sept. 2008 - Yacht Club - DW, DSS#2 - 17, DSD14, Best Friends and son, and I.
4th trip to the World - Jan. 2010 - Wilderness Lodge - DW and I - Moved DSS21 to Orlando.
DW and I - October 13 - 19th, 2012 - BeachClub

Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

There are several things I look for in a good TR.

1. Chapter Links. (Hate having to scroll)
2. Quirkiness. (I mean that in a good way. I like TR's that don't follow the normal formulas of "We went here, ate that, rode this, and went home".
3. Personal. (I like knowing the back story.)
3. Writing that can stand on it's own. (You don't NEED to thow in a photo every other sentence to convey what is going on.)
4. The willingness to share the good and the bad and still keep it lighthearted.

And of course being from Texas is worth bonus points.

In other words, I am really enjoying your TR and am subscribing.

I can't wait to read more!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Wow! That is some awesome Pixie dust!! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Is your daughter interested in the College Program? That might be an easy way to get her foot in the door there! I have several friends that have done that- and they offer all kinds of classes for Hospitality!

My husband is a band director at the college level and I keep pushing for the Central Florida schools! I would love for a Florida college to come open so we could live in the area!!

Oh and I love I10 for the same reasons- LOVE all those bridges and the Tunnel in Mobile. It's just wonderful to drive that close to the coast and see all the Bay ways! I used to live in the coastal area. I miss it a LOT!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 04-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Joining in! Your TR already got me on my feet! Can't wait to keep reading!

Old 04-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Topiaries, Cute guys, Rain, Cute Guys, IllumiNations, Cute Guys!!

Day 2 – Sunday
Epcot

Where did I leave off???

Yes, we’re in our beautiful room, getting ready to leave for Epcot…

So I decided to turn the TV on, because Meghan needs to see STACY!!!! We just love her and she’s one of our favorite things to watch, Plus, I think Rae needs to be the next Stacy.

So who loves Stacy as much as us????

I’m thinking I just need her show way out here in Texas so we can just watch her and dream about Disney all the time!!!!!

So over to the TV I went and turned it on and started searching the channels and

No Stacy, No Stacy, anywhere!!!!

I was so sad, I’m guessing we were way too far from Disney to get her on our TV…

So, I turned to the girls and said, Lets go home!!! No Stacy!!!!

Not!!!

The girls quickly got ready and off we went.

Epcot here we come!!!

So we drove on over to Epcot, paid for our parking, and we pulled all the way to the entrance and parked!!!

Yes! Pixie Dust..

We’re in Epcot!!!! Meghan’s first view of DisneyWorld… In the rain.

Man, I’m a bad Auntie… I didn’t even get a first picture of Meghan in front of Spaceship Earth and with all the pretty topiaries,

Here’s my excuse and I’ll sticking with it…

I guess because of the rain, and Rae and I were so excited for Soarin that we just forgot… We just whizzed by all the first things that you’re suppose to do and on over to “The Lands” and in line for Soarin!!!!

Now time for Soarin!!!!

The wait for Soarin was 45 minutes and we got in line at 6:10… and off the ride at 7:00, yes 50 minutes… Really close!!!!!

I will say… As you know, Soarin is my favorite ride…

But…

The games that you play while standing in line is tiring…

I get worn out jumping and waving my arms trying to get the little ship to fly or knock out all the balls/bubbles...

Are you with me?????

Then the line… People just don’t get how that line works…

Now I’m a huge rule follower and in that line people just slowly start moving up and up and soon they are further up in the line then where they started and they were way behind me…

Oh well. I was in line for Soarin and Meghan was going to ride my favorite ride.

This was going to be the only day that we had set out for Epcot… As you might remember Epcot is my favorite park but this trip wasn’t about doing my favorite things it was about doing 4 parks in 4 days!!! So my plan was for her to just see what it was all about and try to get the idea of it.

Dinner time!!! Who’s hunger?????

We all were!!!!

Rae and I knew that we didn’t want a burger that would come later in the trip.

Mexican food? We love Mexican food, but if you live in Texas you know that we have the best Mexican food in the world!!!! So, that was out!!!

“Sushi!!!” Rae said,

HMMMM, Rae likes Sushi, but not mom and well I’m not sure if Meghan really does,

“If you want Sushi we can walk over in that direction and Meghan and I can find something else…”

On our way to the worlds, we stopped at one of the outside stores and bought a poncho, yes it was still raining…

Look at all the beautiful flowers around the water...

Took some really great rainy shoots of the topiaries!!!!

This is for my favorite Donald Friend!!!

Looks like the Sand Guys from "The Travel Channel" have been here!!!

I love Giraffe's!!!!

Not to complain about the rain but I would have loved to have been able to see all of the topiaries and all the flowers in the sunshine!!!!!

We started heading towards Canada and on into United Kingdom and I said,

“How about Fish and Chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop?”

Yummy!!!!

I really don’t think it mattered that much because we were starving!!!!!

Fish and Chips it was!!!!

Excellent choice, we pigged out!!!! In the rain!!!!

But again, it might have been drizzling but it didn’t matter we were in Disneyworld!!!

After our yummy dinner and the girls drooling over 4 really cute boys!!! Ok not boys, but young college age guys!!! Off we went to discover the Worlds!!!!

We just kind of wondered endlessly, in and out of the lands, just breezing through each country which I just loved every minute of it, but I really think they were more interest in all the cute guys that were there!!!!

Spring Break – Florida – Cute Guys!!!!

My goal for Epcot was for Barbra to ride Soarin, Finding Nemo and Friends, Test Track, and see all the lands and worlds…

But with the drizzling rain, we just decided to walk around and enjoy the scenery!!!

Hmmmmmm, What scenery I wonder????

We made it to Norway for a ride on Maelstrom… There was a line!!!! That was weird, that’s never happened to me a line for Maelstrom. But it was a quick 10 minute wait!!!

Love that, Barbra loved it too!!!!

We head on around to Mexico and decided you know what,

“It’s getting close to IllumiNations time and I saw a really great spot over by Norway let’s head back there and sit down and just wait for Illuminations!!!!!”

My other favorite!!!

The girls did some looking around while I had our places saved!!!! We got some yummy cookies in a bag in Germany; we always get a bag. So, I sat there and just munching on my cookies with my coke!

All the sudden I noticed that it was NOT drizzling rain anymore!!!! No rain and almost time for Illuminations

More Pixie Dust!!!!!

Finally the lights dimmed and then the voice started and then the music… and the one firework shooting across the sky….

I started getting goose bumps…

I love love love this fireworks show!!!!!! And Meghan was going to see it!!!!

Rae and I sat there just staring and I would look over at Meghan and she’s holding her IPhone and just shooting picture after picture, not wanting to forget what each firework looked like, she was loving it!!!!

Tears were in my eyes when it was over with!!!! I turned to Meghan and smiling I said, “What did you think?”

Amazing!!!! That was so fabulous!!!

Her reaction just made my heart smile!!!!! That’s what it’s all about the Magic!!! Meghan seeing the Magic!!!!!

After the show, we started heading back towards America Pavilion heading in the opposite direction of everyone leaving, I didn’t want to leave!!!!! We stood in the American Pavilion for awhile then figured we needed to go. So back to the front we headed.

Mouse Gears!!!!

Love this store, we had to take Meghan to MouseGears!!!!

We spent a couple of days in there… Ok not a couple of days, but we had lots of fun just looking at everything!!!! But we didn’t buy anything… Waiting for World of Disney!!!

After MouseGears we pointed out where Test Track is and started heading towards the entrance… I was really sad, because we barely touched this park and Meghan didn’t get to ride Test Track, Finding Nemo and Friends, Journey into Imagination with Figment, Mission Space or Spaceship Earth!!!!

A few pictures... With Spaceship Earth...

We wondered on out to Tammy (my car, that’s what the girls named it. Tammy the tank!!!), back to the most beautiful resort outside of the Disney Properties!!!! It was amazing!!!

We got in bed and crashed!!!!!!!

Crashed!!!! We were so tired!!!!

Up next…
Day 3 – Monday
House Hunting
Universal - CityWalks

TexasBelle
Carolyn

Last edited by TexasBelle; 04-22-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
There are several things I look for in a good TR.

1. Chapter Links. (Hate having to scroll)
2. Quirkiness. (I mean that in a good way. I like TR's that don't follow the normal formulas of "We went here, ate that, rode this, and went home".
3. Personal. (I like knowing the back story.)
3. Writing that can stand on it's own. (You don't NEED to thow in a photo every other sentence to convey what is going on.)
4. The willingness to share the good and the bad and still keep it lighthearted.

And of course being from Texas is worth bonus points.

In other words, I am really enjoying your TR and am subscribing.

I can't wait to read more!
Thank you thank you!!!!
I wasn't sure if I was going to write a trip report, because it's hard when people don't responde to your trip and then you feel like your a really bad writter!!! or your trip is really boring!!! But we had so much fun on this trip that I felt like our story would be fun!!!

Again, thank you so much for your very encouraging Words!!!

TexasBelle!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Wow! That is some awesome Pixie dust!! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Is your daughter interested in the College Program? That might be an easy way to get her foot in the door there! I have several friends that have done that- and they offer all kinds of classes for Hospitality!

My husband is a band director at the college level and I keep pushing for the Central Florida schools! I would love for a Florida college to come open so we could live in the area!!

Oh and I love I10 for the same reasons- LOVE all those bridges and the Tunnel in Mobile. It's just wonderful to drive that close to the coast and see all the Bay ways! I used to live in the coastal area. I miss it a LOT!

Thanks you so much for reading my trip report!!!!

Yes Rae is very interested in the college program tooo. We plan on working on that her first semister in college and figuring out all the where's, when's and How's!!! I will tell her about how they also offer classes in Hospitality!!! She will be so excited!!!

I hope that a college band director position opens up for you guys!!!! That would be awesome.

The bridges are beautiful. The girls even loved them!!! I was so glad!!!! I wish we could have taken time to drive down to the beach in Biloxi (on our way home). But that morning the fog was so thick!!!

I'm going to hop over and read your pretrip report today while I'm at work!!!! Looks like you'll be there about a month after my sweet hubby and I!!! We're going in October...
Your family is so cute!!!

Thanks again for reading..
TexasBelle

Old 04-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Joining in! Your TR already got me on my feet! Can't wait to keep reading!

Thank you, Thank you for joining in!!!!!
It's always so scary to write a trip report in hopes that someone will reply to it. So, Thank you!!!

More to come!!!!
Thanks!!
Carolyn

Last edited by TexasBelle; 04-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
TripTime
Mouseketeer

Great report! We went to Pine Cove every Labor Day for about 10 yrs and then started going to Crier Creek which is also Pine Coves. My wife works summer camps there as a nurse and Pine Cove has been such a blessing to my family.
All Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2008
French Quarter 2008
All Star Movies 2008
Riverside 2009
French Quarter 2010/2011/2012/2014
Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013
Coronado 2013
AKL- Kidani Village 2014
Old 04-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post

Thanks you so much for reading my trip report!!!!

Yes Rae is very interested in the college program tooo. We plan on working on that her first semister in college and figuring out all the where's, when's and How's!!! I will tell her about how they also offer classes in Hospitality!!! She will be so excited!!!

I hope that a college band director position opens up for you guys!!!! That would be awesome.

The bridges are beautiful. The girls even loved them!!! I was so glad!!!! I wish we could have taken time to drive down to the beach in Biloxi (on our way home). But that morning the fog was so thick!!!

I'm going to hop over and read your pretrip report today while I'm at work!!!! Looks like you'll be there about a month after my sweet hubby and I!!! We're going in October...
Your family is so cute!!!

Thanks again for reading..
TexasBelle
I have friends that have done the CP- one of them was even Snow White! Can you imagine?? So fun.

The fog around Biloxi can be REALLY bad! We used to live about 1.5 from there.

And thanks for pointing out that my Siggy still said Nov! Haha! I need to change that… although, it could be November again at this point…

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: