Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #1396
dakotix
Mouseketeer

Called today... no pins though : (
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #1397
shecup
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Finally booked our flight!

Just booked our flights for January! woo hooooooooooo We switched from the AoA/LM room to the POFQ and actually saved money with the P/S/D plan. Things seem to be falling into place. Now what do I do for the next 2 1/2 months?
shecup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #1398
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

I was actually at Disney on Wed staying at the Pop Century just for a quick trip with my Mom. I had no problem logging on first thing at 7am and booking the Poly for a decent rate for our dates. January 24-31st. Woohoo!

We have never stayed at the Poly before - never been able to afford it. This time we can do it with the discount combined with the fact that we already have tickets (we got APs just for this year only). I did the room only discount because we have APs and the TIW discount for dining. We will be celebrating a big milestone birthday for my husband, so this will be huge. Probably the only time we can do a deluxe, but we are going to enjoy it big time. My kids are so excited.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #1399
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecup View Post
Just booked our flights for January! woo hooooooooooo We switched from the AoA/LM room to the POFQ and actually saved money with the P/S/D plan. Things seem to be falling into place. Now what do I do for the next 2 1/2 months?
I booked our flights a few months back. We ended up getting them for $90 roundtrip so $180 wasn't too bad for the flights (non-stop). Unfortunately, the only dates I could get this deal for was 16 days (obviously too long for any package deal). We ended up changing one of the flights yesterday (we originally had January 28 to February 12; now it is February 4 to February 12 (we are headed down at the end of October for a week) and had to pay about $300 to change the flights (which of course sucked) but saved us money in the end.

The package (missing a day) was going to cost us around $4000 (plus another day and changing hotels and such and not getting meals for the whole time we were there). We ended up getting it (with our new dates) for around $2600 (including PH tickets, Garden view at Riverside (with preferred being no extra charge), and added insurance (which we always get)). Definitely saved us quite a bit of money changing the flights. Everyone else we are traveling with is going for those dates so it made sense to change them.

Because we are Canadian, when we phoned, we actually got the deal for less than I had priced. I guess there was some sort of deal on the PSDS deal for Canadians (I priced it at just over $2700 but we got it for $2600).

The person we talked to on the phone was right on the ball too. Normally it takes a while before we receive our confirmation from Disney via email. As soon as I checked my email after getting off the phone, the email had arrived. He also put down to receive a character call (my mom mentioned I would be celebrating my birthday (it is on January 15 but we always celebrate it when we head to the parks in February) which none of the Disney reps have ever put on before (even if we were asked if we would be celebrating anything) which was a nice addition. He also put down the special requests my mom mentioned (being close to the food court/buses, ground floor, etc.)

Overall, I am happy with the deal we got. I checked and getting free dining would save us an extra $300 or so which isn't too bad.

I also like how there are 2 vouchers for mini golf per room instead of the usual one per room. My mom and I always go mini golfing when we visit Disney and at first I thought it might have been a glitch but noticed others got that (and the DisneyQuest vouchers).

I also booked all of our ADR last night. Wasn't able to get Be Our Guest (which I didn't expect to get anyways) but am happy with the ones I did book - Tony's Town Square (D), Boma (B), Whispering Canyon (D), T-Rex (D), Trail's End (B; have never ate here before), Tutto Italia (D; was closed when we visited in February but I loved this one last year), Kona (D), Coral Reef (D). Since it is just me and my mom, she loves breakfast but I didn't really want any with the characters (we have visited so many times) so the choices are kind of limited, lol

Last edited by bluehawaii19; 10-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.
bluehawaii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #1400
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 View Post

We ended up getting it (with our new dates) for around $2600 (including PH tickets, Garden view at Riverside (with preferred being no extra charge), and added insurance (which we always get)). Definitely saved us quite a bit of money changing the flights. Everyone else we are traveling with is going for those dates so it made sense to change them.

Because we are Canadian, when we phoned, we actually got the deal for less than I had priced. I guess there was some sort of deal on the PSDS deal for Canadians (I priced it at just over $2700 but we got it for $2600).
Interesting. We are also Canadian, but we are paying exactly what it quotes out for us on the Disney site. There was no mention of there being extra deal for being Canadian.

And how did you get the preferred room at no extra charge? We are booked in a preferred room and was just planning to put a request in for no parking lot view.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #1401
CherylA
DIS Veteran

I got a PIN for the free dining but we already have tickets, I'm wondering if the PIN is requiring a 2 day ticket for purchase to get the free dining or if it is allowing one? Might make sense for us to do if we can buy only one day tickets. Otherwise I think I'll keep my room at the Swan with my Starwood points.

Nevermind, answerd my own question. I was able to click through and sign on t obook the deal online and it is a 2 day ticket min as usual. Just isn't working out to be worth it for us.

Last edited by CherylA; 10-17-2012 at 02:38 PM.
CherylA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #1402
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Interesting. We are also Canadian, but we are paying exactly what it quotes out for us on the Disney site. There was no mention of there being extra deal for being Canadian.

And how did you get the preferred room at no extra charge? We are booked in a preferred room and was just planning to put a request in for no parking lot view.
When we talked to the guy on the phone, he mentioned how we were Canadians and it came out slightly less money. When I searched online, I couldn't find anything about this so not really sure.

My mom is visually impaired and we have always been put in a preferred room at no extra charge. She mentions that she needs to be near the food court and buses.

bluehawaii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #1403
peachplumpear
Earning My Ears

I've not been on in a while. I know Free Dining hasn't been announced for 2013 for U.S. citizens (yet, *fingers crossed*) but I got a pretty good deal for my flight last week so I booked it while I could and am ready to go ahead and book the hotel and park package. But if FD is announced later I can add it on even if I've already booked, correct? Just wanted to double check beforehand! Thanks in advance!!
peachplumpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #1404
TinkPearl
Another Whole Year?!? :'(

hoping for free dining....

TinkPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #1405
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

I wonder if it would save me any $.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #1406
TinkPearl
Another Whole Year?!? :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachplumpear View Post
I've not been on in a while. I know Free Dining hasn't been announced for 2013 for U.S. citizens (yet, *fingers crossed*) but I got a pretty good deal for my flight last week so I booked it while I could and am ready to go ahead and book the hotel and park package. But if FD is announced later I can add it on even if I've already booked, correct? Just wanted to double check beforehand! Thanks in advance!!

yes, as far as I know. We book through Magical Journeys and if any discounts come out, including free dining after we are booked, they apply it for us.

TinkPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #1407
dakotix
Mouseketeer

I called s couple days ago and the CM told me that the S/P/D is the next reincarnation of free dining. She said that a free dining pin code is not out of the realm of possibility though. I would book the new promotion before the rooms run out!
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #1408
steves1019
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotix
I called s couple days ago and the CM told me that the S/P/D is the next reincarnation of free dining. She said that a free dining pin code is not out of the realm of possibility though. I would book the new promotion before the rooms run out!
I got a free dining code pin code about a week ago, but had to be staying 5 days to use it. We're not there that long this time.
steves1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #1409
Hordes
Earning My Ears

online quote for POP was $2005 for 2 adults and a child including 5 day ticket, dis plus dining plan, insurance for Jan 27 - Feb 2...not sure if this is a good deal or not..with the stay play and dine package...crunching numbers it looks to be a $383 savings...free dining would be about $700 savings...debate rages on

Last edited by Hordes; 10-19-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Hordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #1410
shecup
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotix
I agree. I was able to get the p/s/d plan in a moderate for cheaper than a value. When I called my agent to make the switch she basically called it free dining. Said the value we booked (AOA-LM) wasn't included but the moderates were. So we upgraded to POFQ.
shecup is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: