Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #1336
Sinderelly
Princess

Saved $93 on each reservation w/ SPD.

Jan 13-17 @ Pop pref rooms
#1-2A DDP w/ 1 day ticket no PH
#2-1A DDP w/ 1 day ticket np PH

Total savings of $186 or a Disney Dooney!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #1337
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I waited since everyone was having issues this Morning, and then had to go to parents Day with my son, so started calling about 10:15 (11:15 FL time). A few "all circuits are busy" messages, then finally it thru after waiting about 5 minutes or less. 3 adults, 2 kids (one is 10), preferred room at POR, 9day base tickets, DDP. Saved about $1600!!! So we're basically paying a little over $400 for the dining plan for 5 people for 8 nights. Woohoo!!!!!! So excited. And it was about $250 less than when I tried to figure it out at the kids prices, so I was thrilled!!!!

My CM was awesome, I wish I could remember her name. She said she had NO idea what type of discounts it was giving, they had no name for it. She said it comes up on her screen as regular room rate and discounted components. Weird! But I'll take it!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #1338
reking96
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
Not sure but you might want her to check the room only discount. You might get a better deal.
Yep she did both discounts.
Said that I saved a little more with the s/p/d one. =)

reking96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #1339
FreitasFarm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Did you call or look online? Both? I wouldn't give up hope . . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreitasFarm View Post
No, didn't try calling. I checked online and AKL specifically says "Standard View". I am working with a travel agent, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact her. I don't like being a pest, but I suppose she's used to that and if it can save my family some money for other things at WDW it's worth it. I'll post if I'm successful in getting a discount.
Holy cow! My travel agent got us a discount of $105.21 on a 5 night stay. Not a huge discount, but that will pay for our Jiko dinner!

Thanks fla4fun for the suggestion!!!! And good luck to everyone else on their discounts!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #1340
babynala
DIS Veteran

I was finally able to get back in touch with a person a little after 12:45 today and they applied the discount so we got a pretty good discount vs. rack package rates. We are paying about $500 more then we would if there was free dining but I will take it. Thanks for all the help!

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #1341
gatorchinsky
Mouseketeer

I had previously booked POR standard room for Jan. 10-14 (marathon weekend). Called exactly at 7am this morning and they were having all kinds of problems. Could not find my resi, name or anything. Was told I should call back later, but he would mark my whatever and I would get the discount. I was out of the house for several hours, but when I got home I did receive a call from Disney. The nice lady told me that the only discounted rooms they had were only for the Royal garden view rooms. She said the room I had reserved did not have any discounts for it. Actually, none of the cheaper rooms had the discount for that time frame. I can't go with a Royal room because my 8 year old son would kill me. Not sure what to do because POR is not worth rack rate prices. Did anyone else not get a discount on cheaper already booked rooms?
gatorchinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #1342
FreitasFarm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorchinsky View Post
I had previously booked POR standard room for Jan. 10-14 (marathon weekend). Called exactly at 7am this morning and they were having all kinds of problems. Could not find my resi, name or anything. Was told I should call back later, but he would mark my whatever and I would get the discount. I was out of the house for several hours, but when I got home I did receive a call from Disney. The nice lady told me that the only discounted rooms they had were only for the Royal garden view rooms. She said the room I had reserved did not have any discounts for it. Actually, none of the cheaper rooms had the discount for that time frame. I can't go with a Royal room because my 8 year old son would kill me. Not sure what to do because POR is not worth rack rate prices. Did anyone else not get a discount on cheaper already booked rooms?
The room I had booked was not included in today's advertised discount rates either; however, I got a small discount on my AKL savannah view room using a Disney travel agent. I contacted her and she was able to find a discount for us. I don't know if you're using a TA, but if you are staying for 3 nights or longer you can use a Disney TA and pay no commission fees! This might be an option for you to consider. Good luck!

Last edited by FreitasFarm; 10-10-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: add quote
FreitasFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #1343
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorchinsky
We got a preferred (non royal) room but they had garden rooms and i think water view when I called earlier.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #1344
SamiGage
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You may want to just call back and verify the info you have. I know a lot of people on here, myself included, were consistently told different things by the CMs, so before changing things it may not hurt to just try someone different.
SamiGage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #1345
Luvamouse
DIS Veteran

I will save $1094 with RO discount
I would save $ 979 with S/P/D.
It is fairly close, but we are not big eaters/never eat dessert. DDP not good deal for us. Past experience says we will beat DDP cost by $200, even with TS each day. So I am going RO. If we could maximize the DDP, it would probably be worth going with the S/P/D.

January 2-7, 2013
GF-LV

Full Price

$3125 Lagoon View
$1184 Tickets
$1112 Dining

$5421 Total Full Price

S/P/D

Dining 4 adults 5 nights
6 day base tickets 4 adults

$4442 S/P/D Saves us $979

Same Deal RO
From $3125 to $2031 (35% Off) RO 5 nights Saves us $1094

We are staying New Year's Day at POR since it was $933 with tax for our GFLV room New Year's Day! $274.50 for New Year's Day at POR. That is all my gas for the 3000 mile roundtrip in my Suburban!
February 2011--Back to the Poly says the Birthday Girl! Daytona 500 and WDW for DD's 16th B-Day
February 2012- Couldn't resist! Daytona 500 and Contemporary MK View. Scratch that-- Back to the Poly Again!

January 2013... Somebody stop me! DD's 1st Year in College, let's keep our life "normal" and go to WDW! Poly Again? I'd love to try POR... Looks like CR MK View. Nope, now it's GF Lagoon View!

Luvamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #1346
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreitasFarm View Post
Holy cow! My travel agent got us a discount of $105.21 on a 5 night stay. Not a huge discount, but that will pay for our Jiko dinner!

Thanks fla4fun for the suggestion!!!! And good luck to everyone else on their discounts!
We are staying 5 nights with a Savannah room as well. When I booked with the discount we saved almost $400! Did you price out the p/s/d offer and the RO offer?

There is a RO offer for AKL savannah but it's only 5%. However, with the p/s/d we were able to save more.

We have the DDP though so the p/s/d may have saved us more with that plan? If you want to PM me I can give you our exact details if you want to compare.
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #1347
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreitasFarm
DISAPPOINTED!

Looks like the discount is not included on AKL savannah view rooms! We were really hoping to get some sort of discount Staying in the savannah view room has been something I've been looking forward to for years. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Disney will offer some type of discount on our room rates before January. sigh....
Just priced out some resorts for my dates, and I'm able to book AKL Savannah view (both accessible and not)
But maybe Disney exclude the savannah view for some dates?
I get a quote of $3530 - 5 nights (1/2-1/7), 6 days, 4 adults and reg dining plan...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #1348
gchaffinsmc911
Earning My Ears

Talking

Got our discount today. Had to call back three times and was on hold for over 4 hours total, but it was worth it. CM saved us $2093.40 with the 35% room only rate. Staying at the Grand Floridian 9 days 8 nights DDDP 2 adult 3 children ( 15,12,10 ) January 10th -18th . thank goodness for a little disney magic, lol.
gchaffinsmc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #1349
poohmickey
Mouseketeer

Location: West Coast - more than 3,000 miles from WDW - but that won't stop us!

Quote:
On our dates (Jan 29-Feb 6), the discount is available for all categories of rooms at POR except the standard rooms. It might have to do with the fact that it is marathon weekend.
poohmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #1350
mya174
Earning My Ears

Our dates are 21-26, staying at POFQ. The RO discount was only to save 37$. Boo. Quoted 1940$ for dining promo. Can I do better?
mya174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: