Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #106
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeychic View Post
Another marathon FD hopeful we are in Jan 8 - 19th

Last year the free dining didn't start till the Monday after the marathon so we did a room only then the package after. They allowed us to stay in the same room.

Hoping again for free dining for as much of our trip as possible.

Kim
We're going down for the marathon, too! Well, 1/2 marathon, maybe I'll work up to the full next year! 11-19th is our dates. PRAYING for free dining, but any discount would be great. So if (using historic FD info) free dining doesn't start until Monday the 13th, we'd have to get a room only plus park tix for Fri, Sat, Sun, then book the free dining package from Monday-Sat? Sounds like it may negate the savings?? Anxiously awaiting rates so I can crunch numbers!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #107
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Hey Guys-- just wanted to post this really quick. We are going january 15th-21st of next year. I've called twice in the past week to ask a few questions about resort availablity etc and both times I've been lucky to have very friendly CMs. I've been surprised because both of them assured me that although WDW releases their discounts quarterly and the Jan discounts would not be out until September, historically discounts will be available. Today the CM told me that I should remember that usually during that week the resorts are discounted 30% off... !! yea!

I've never had CMs be so reassuring about discounts before hopefully they are both right! We are hoping to repeat our last discount of 40% off (yeah right)... last year we called about November and had a deal at Yacht Club that was $183 a night.. NOW that is what I am dreaming about!!!

have a great day!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #108
CherylA
DIS Veteran

What I wouldn't do for $183/night at the Yacht Club! Sounds like free dining is being released up until the end of Dec 2012. I wouldn't be surprised if free dining for January were just around the corner.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #109
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

I checked my booking that was for January 2012 and free dining was added August 3. So last summer it was offered at least that early.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #110
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
I checked my booking that was for January 2012 and free dining was added August 3. So last summer it was offered at least that early.
Wonderful, thanks for that. Hopefully it's the same this year and we see it soon!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #111
SL30
Earning My Ears

I am so overwhelmed by all of this. I have room only LM booked. Should I add package on Thursday and then if FD becomes available, will I still be able to switch to a different resort?
Or do I just wait to book package and keep my room only until FD is released?

If FD doesn't apply to LM rooms, will room only discounts exclude LM too?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #112
crazy4tig
Mouseketeer

We are booked room only at POR 2 standard rooms for January 2013, there are 9 of us. If FD is offered would we need to upgrade our rooms? And if that's the case will we be able to just move up to Garden view or will we have to do preferred or river view?? Just wondering if I should change my reservation??? Thanks

1996 off site2000 All Star Music2006 POR2007 POFQ2009POP
2010 POFQ (with an awsome discount)2011 POP2013 POR

crazy4tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #113
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

In my opinion, you should book whatever room you want, need and are willing to pay for, discount or not. When/ if Free Dining or other discounts come out, there is usually an allotted number of rooms per resort. You may have to change room types and/or resort to get the discount, you may not. You never know until it's out, unfortunately. Pixie dust to all of us hoping for a good discount!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #114
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4tig View Post
We are booked room only at POR 2 standard rooms for January 2013, there are 9 of us. If FD is offered would we need to upgrade our rooms? And if that's the case will we be able to just move up to Garden view or will we have to do preferred or river view?? Just wondering if I should change my reservation??? Thanks
I wouldn't change your reservation now, just leave it as it is until the discounts for January come out and then you make your decision. Hopefully you will be able to stay with the same rooms you currently have selected and just add on tickets and free dining to make a package, if those exact room types aren't available then you made need to change category but no telling until the discounts are released. Following a thread like this is super helpful because then you can call as soon as discounts for your dates are released and you are more likely to get the resort and room type you want.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #115
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL30 View Post
I am so overwhelmed by all of this. I have room only LM booked. Should I add package on Thursday and then if FD becomes available, will I still be able to switch to a different resort?
Or do I just wait to book package and keep my room only until FD is released?

If FD doesn't apply to LM rooms, will room only discounts exclude LM too?
You can always add a package on to your room, no need to do it now. I would just keep your LM room only reservation until the discounts for January start to show up, then if there is a discount package that works better for you, you can book that. Right now LM rooms are not included in any discounts, maybe by January that will change but I don't think the odds are good. Room only discounts are an entirely different promotion so if they don't include LM in the free dining (if they offer it) they may still give room only discounts on it, I'm thinking they would wait until very last minute to do that though.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #116
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA

You can always add a package on to your room, no need to do it now. I would just keep your LM room only reservation until the discounts for January start to show up, then if there is a discount package that works better for you, you can book that. Right now LM rooms are not included in any discounts, maybe by January that will change but I don't think the odds are good. Room only discounts are an entirely different promotion so if they don't include LM in the free dining (if they offer it) they may still give room only discounts on it, I'm thinking they would wait until very last minute to do that though.
I was just wondering - is there any discounts out now, where the LM rooms could be included in? (I haven't checked the fall/winter promotions, and if they are out yet or not - I just thought they weren't out, and since the LM rooms open 9/15 or something like that, I just thought that could be why the LM was not included??)

I'm hoping and crossing all I can for FD at a LM room :D might be naive, but I think I read that the other sections at AOA was included in the summer discounts so naive and all, I'm hoping till the end! Lol
(but hey, many other hotels to choose from if it dosen't happend!... So it will not ruin my trip in any way! Just wan't to check the new resort out )
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #117
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyqueendenmark View Post
I was just wondering - is there any discounts out now, where the LM rooms could be included in? (I haven't checked the fall/winter promotions, and if they are out yet or not - I just thought they weren't out, and since the LM rooms open 9/15 or something like that, I just thought that could be why the LM was not included??)

I'm hoping and crossing all I can for FD at a LM room :D might be naive, but I think I read that the other sections at AOA was included in the summer discounts so naive and all, I'm hoping till the end! Lol
(but hey, many other hotels to choose from if it dosen't happend!... So it will not ruin my trip in any way! Just wan't to check the new resort out )
For the free dining that was just realeased that covers fall and early winter (select dates through end of Dec) LM rooms were excluded. I think through the end of the year you won't see discounts on LM rooms but starting in January, maybe.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #118
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA

For the free dining that was just realeased that covers fall and early winter (select dates through end of Dec) LM rooms were excluded. I think through the end of the year you won't see discounts on LM rooms but starting in January, maybe.
Ahh... Okay thanks! Didn't know that the fall/early winter promotions were out yet...
Thanks for clarifying it for me!! :D
We'll have to wait and see what happens... Hope the discounts for January come out soon, hopefully August!
But I can see why it's unlikely that LM rooms will be included in FD...
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #119
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

Heading to Disney World Jan 12-19! My mom and I are actually going to arrive on Jan 10 to run the half marathon, then the rest of the family will be joining later. Hoping for some room discounts for us!
Giselle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #120
judypriv
Mouseketeer

Still waiting. Should I move my res? I booked 12/31 to 1/6 just to get my res in since they weren't booking into January but now they are.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: