Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #91
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

I really want to book my trip now, but my parents will be paying for the trip so I have to wait and see when, how long and where I'll be staying. I need to know their budget so I can see what resort I will be booking! Come on January 2013 rates and discounts! I want to try at least a Mod this trip!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #92
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

Another marathon FD hopeful we are in Jan 8 - 19th

Last year the free dining didn't start till the Monday after the marathon so we did a room only then the package after. They allowed us to stay in the same room.

Hoping again for free dining for as much of our trip as possible.

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #93
miniaudrey
Earning My Ears

We went last January and got FD. I'm hoping to do it again this year. It's a great time to travel. Weather is pretty good and crowds are light. I'm looking at Jan 23-29. The kids have the 28th and 29th off school for teacher workdays and I take them out a few days early at the end of the quarter. I hope it all works out!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #94
ag98
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniaudrey View Post
We went last January and got FD. I'm hoping to do it again this year. It's a great time to travel. Weather is pretty good and crowds are light. I'm looking at Jan 23-29. The kids have the 28th and 29th off school for teacher workdays and I take them out a few days early at the end of the quarter. I hope it all works out!
When dates did you go last January and get FD?

Universal & French Quarter December 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream 4 nights March 2014Universal & French Quarter January 2013 MK/Universal 2 day trip November 2011 Caribbean Beach December 2010 Beach Club Villas December 2008 All Stars December 2003 MK/Universal 1 day trips January 2001 & 2002
ag98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #95
Kristallc
Mouseketeer

The UK free dining offered for Jan now is the counter service for both values and mods. Do you think it would be that way for us? I was hoping to stuff my family of 5 into POR to get the (possible) regular dining plan. It would stink to just get counterservice, 2 rooms at POP cost about the same but we would realy save more at POR only if its free dining.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #96
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Here's hoping I can get a % Off Pin for my dates! I'll be going January 7th-11th and staying in a LM room at AoA. FD does nothing for me since I don't really do sit down meals and wouldn't utilize the FD Plan. Good luck to those who want FD!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #97
jasonhutch
Earning My Ears

We have gone in January the past 3 years and while the weather has been a little crazy (upper 20s one morning, in the 80s by the end of the same week), we very much enjoy the parks during this time of the year. Beyond the Brazilian tour groups, the crowds are very light. We have done free dining 2 out of the 3 years and hoping to see FB again in 2013!
jasonhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #98
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I'm starting to go insane waiting for these rates!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #99
judypriv
Mouseketeer

me too! I booked in from 12/31 to 1/7 just to get in since they aren't booking into late January but still hoping for free dining in late January. I wish I knew about free dining for my tickets. If they don't offer it I am getting annual passes before our September trip. If the do, no passes.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #100
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

So, the wife and I are going down on 01/24-27 on a cruise then at the world from 01/27 to 02/02. I was chatting with a castmember via their webchat feature on the Disney site inquiring if/how I could upgrade a room only reservation to a package (to take advantage of the free dining promo if/when it's announced. I found out that I cannot "upgrade" it to a package and would have to cancel/rebook. In light of this info, I've decided not to do a room only ressie, however he did indicate that package rates would be available "very soon".

Whether this means anything, or that is just the packaged response at this time of year remains to be seen. If I get within 180 days of our trip and 2013 package rates aren't announced, I'll likely book the room only anyways, since I can carry over my ADRs when I rebook to a package.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #101
ncbunnie
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any insight as to rates for the end of January-early February versus end of February-early March? We were leaning toward the January dates but my dad has a conference in the area late Feb. and though crowd calendars appear to be close to the same (maybe a little heavier), I'm curious about discounts- free dining is the only way we go! We've traditionally been December people but this go around we'd like to celebrate my daughter's birthday in January and take my mom along as well.

Another question- is there any way that we could make it work to do a package for the 4 of us who will be doing parks/dining, etc, and just make my dad an in-room add on? He would be in conferences off-property all day while we were there and it doesn't make sense to add him on but we'd all like to stay on property. Does anybody have any experience doing something like that? (having a person stay in the room who does not visit parks/do the dining plan/etc on a package)
ncbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #102
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Hoping for decent AP rates for January also! We stay every year for my birthday, which falls around MLK day, and I've never NOT gotten an AP discount. I realize they're lowering the discount amounts, but I'd really like something. But we're hoping to try AoA and that might not even be included in the AP discounts yet, right? If there's no discount, we'll definitely just book a LM room. But darnit, I'm an AP holder, Disney Visa owner, and FL resident...the odds would indicate I'd get SOME sort of discount!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #103
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbunnie View Post
Does anyone have any insight as to rates for the end of January-early February versus end of February-early March? We were leaning toward the January dates but my dad has a conference in the area late Feb. and though crowd calendars appear to be close to the same (maybe a little heavier), I'm curious about discounts- free dining is the only way we go! We've traditionally been December people but this go around we'd like to celebrate my daughter's birthday in January and take my mom along as well.

Another question- is there any way that we could make it work to do a package for the 4 of us who will be doing parks/dining, etc, and just make my dad an in-room add on? He would be in conferences off-property all day while we were there and it doesn't make sense to add him on but we'd all like to stay on property. Does anybody have any experience doing something like that? (having a person stay in the room who does not visit parks/do the dining plan/etc on a package)
From this years rates at the all stars Jan16th - Feb 17th weekdays $84/ weekends $94

Feb 26-March 8 Weekday $107/ weekend $127

So I'd say late Jan early February is definately cheaper.

You can book a package and then your dad can book a room only, thats fine, you can then put on each reservation a request to be placed near the other person's room.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #104
LoveTwoTravel
Mouseketeer

It is my understanding that everyone in the room must be on the same package/plan. This may have changed or I may be incorrect. Like the OP stated, your dad could definitely be in his own room near by and it would not be a problem. He just could not be added to your room unless he had the same tickets and dining plan the rest of the room occupants will have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbunnie View Post

We've been a bunch! Still love it!

LoveTwoTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #105
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Great! I just saw that the 2013 packages will be avalible online July 11 :D (maybe it's old news??... I just found out :b )

Btw... Anyone else having trouble booking online? I'm getting an error when I try to pay the deposit... I actually didn't want to book before the free dining dates come out, but I rarely see avalible room at LM at AOA for my dates - so just to be sure, I think I gotta book soon
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: