Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #691
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yost1931
Just my opinion on the previous post, but you could drop the Water Park and More option. It's the same price as if you would just buy waterpark tickets when you get there. Going that time of year, you most likely won't go to a waterpark anyways. If you drop that offer, and maybe even the park hopper option, you can offset the cost of upgrading your QSDP to a DDP. Even if you don't upgrade, I'd drop the Waterpark option personally.
If I could, I would certainly drop the water parks! But I can't choose my own tickets! There is actually only one choice and that's the 7 days hopper + water parks. The booking I have at AOA only includes 5 days base ticket - 'cause we actually don't need more.

Another option I just checked was staying at Saragota Springs deluxe studio with regular dining plan - which is only about $70 more per person than PORFQ with QSDP (so it's actually cheaper to book Saragota than upgrading the DP at FQ )

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #692
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

By the way! I REALLY appriciate all of your comments on my situation :D THANKS!

(And for all of you wanting to kill me because I keep replying to the thread and you folks everytime think that it is news about the January discounts!! I will now stop it now... And make my own thread if I need more advices haha... )

Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #693
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyqueendenmark View Post
The time difference is + 6 hours! So it's actually a pretty good time, since it will be noon here in Denmark when it's morning in Florida the same thing when reservations for BOG opened, I didn't have to wake up early or anything :D but well... I'm in school, but I can manage it!...

Not bad at all! 8:51 a.m. here and no new offers....maybe the wait means they'll announce something really fabulous - hahaha - wishful thinking!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #694
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Another option I just checked was staying at Saragota Springs deluxe studio with regular dining plan - which is only about $70 more per person than PORFQ with QSDP (so it's actually cheaper to book Saragota than upgrading the DP at FQ )
If it were me, I would take Saragota Springs Resort (SSR). Now, full disclosure, I haven't been to either resort yet. (going to POFQ next month) But I love the atmosphere and theming of SSR. You're even closer to DTD than POFQ (you can walk). They have a spa/massage center/salon on site. There's a TS restaurant on site (at POFQ, you have to go to riverside) You'll also get a bigger room. Now SSR is a very large resort, so IMO that would be the only downside.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #695
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually I can upgrade - but then it's not free haha... Lol!... It will be too exspensive for our budget to upgrade, when staying at a mod.

We are going no matter what too! We're booked at LM rooms at AOA, but considering PORFQ to get a little more space in the room, queen size beds and since we are travelling with an 81-yo in a wheelchair and my mother who has just gotten a new knee and hip, the size of the resort is quite good
I know you didn't want more posts on your situation to annoy people waiting for news on Jan 2013 discounts but...I wanted to add that I stayed in POFQ last September with my dad, who is disabled and needs an electric scooter, my 71 year old mom, and a 12 year old. My parents always pack everything but the kitchen sink and I didn't know how the 4 of us would fit in a regular room with 2 queen beds, all their stuff, and an electric scooter. But it actually wasn't bad at all. I was quite impressed with the space we had. Don't get me wrong, it was still a little tight but manageable for sure! Then getting to the buses and the food court was easy! We were on the second floor and I don't think we asked for a handicap accessible room but if you do that in advance I bet you'll be even better situated!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #696
Fueledbycoffee
Mouseketeer

Is there ever a rhyme or reason to what time of day they release the special offers?

We are going at the of January but if we get free dining, we'll stay another night but I need to finalize before I buy plane tickets... Come on Disney I have things (other than Disney) to get done!
Fueledbycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #697
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueledbycoffee View Post
Is there ever a rhyme or reason to what time of day they release the special offers?
First thing in the morning by phone. The time they update the website can vary. Last couple discounts, I believe they updated the website around 10-11am ET.

The phone lines open at 7am ET.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #698
SL30
Earning My Ears

Just called, was told there are no discounts out for Jan yet, possibly this month or next.

CM said there would be no discounts for LM rooms for at least a year....
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #699
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
First thing in the morning by phone. The time they update the website can vary. Last couple discounts, I believe they updated the website around 10-11am ET.

The phone lines open at 7am ET.
And to add to that, They have been releasing them to start on Mondays. (with the exception of the most recent one for the holiday season which started yesterday)

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #700
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL30 View Post
Just called, was told there are no discounts out for Jan yet, possibly this month or next.

CM said there would be no discounts for LM rooms for at least a year....

I think that'd be crazy if they wait to release Jan discounts until November. That only gives people 2 months to plan their trip and for some families that's not enough time to budget for a vacation. Just my opinion though because obviously WDW has this whole discount thing down to a science.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #701
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

Someone at Disney is probably having a good laugh at our expense as we try to guess their strategies!!

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #702
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

I think the economy is taking a tumble at the moment. Not sure if Disney knows it, but I hope they do and give good discounts. I'm not sure I will take another trip in January if this is how long I have to wait for discounts. I have no clue what to do with our dining reservations or how much to budget for food.

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #703
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

I booked through AAA and already have a discount. Free dining would only save us an extra $200 or so. We knew what we wanted, so we took the discount we had. We can apply FD instead if it comes out. For those waiting, you guys might want to explore that route. The discount will pay for your membership.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #704
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
I think the economy is taking a tumble at the moment. Not sure if Disney knows it, but I hope they do and give good discounts. I'm not sure I will take another trip in January if this is how long I have to wait for discounts. I have no clue what to do with our dining reservations or how much to budget for food.
I agree with this.
And.....
It seems like they are offering the discounts to foreign travelers now...I wonder why?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #705
skitt
Mouseketeer

International travelers need to plan farther in advance, so they get the deals first.

I am planning a trip for my family and my MIL will be joining us. She'll be getting her own room. Where do I find this intl site and the deals? It would be nice if I could at least get her a discount.
skitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: