Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #421
judypriv
Mouseketeer

I am going to the world in 23 days and I have to decide to either buy tickets or annual passes. In all depends on if there is FD. Otherwise I will have to decide and take our chances.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #422
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by judypriv View Post
I am going to the world in 23 days and I have to decide to either buy tickets or annual passes. In all depends on if there is FD. Otherwise I will have to decide and take our chances.
We will be there in 24 days and also in January and we decided to just upgrade our tickets from next month (we have FD) to APs and rented DVC points for January. I didn't want to continue to take the chance and then not have a discount be offered. Plus, renting a studio actually turned out cheaper than a RO discount of 30% would have been at a moderate.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #423
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

We are booked for AoA in the LM rooms Jan 25- Feb 1....my fear is that since the LM rooms are blocked now from the FD they will be blocked them....my 5yr old DD really wants to stay in those rooms, but I may just switch to a suite to save the money???

Please please please have a discount!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #424
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post
We are booked for AoA in the LM rooms Jan 25- Feb 1....my fear is that since the LM rooms are blocked now from the FD they will be blocked them....my 5yr old DD really wants to stay in those rooms, but I may just switch to a suite to save the money???

I'm definitely considering switching resorts if discounts come out and LM is excluded. I think, while LM rooms are almost certainly awesome, I'll be perfectly happy at one of the All-Stars again.

Of course, I'd be THRILLED if there's discounts for LM in January!

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #425
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I got a pin for the first time yesterday and got all excited and then saw it was only until good December 22nd. I deleted it and then a few hours later I got another email from Disney Destinations and got all excited that it must be a new offer for after December so I eagerly opened the email and it was the same one! So disappointing
At least you get pins - I've been doing everything in my power to get a pin, and haven't received one yet! I guess I can look on the bright side - I'm not disappointed when I check my email!

So today I just get the rates finalized for my early December trip, and I feel like I don't even get to catch my breath before I'm checking anxiously for January discounts. I don't know how you people who fly can stand it! I know that the resorts I prefer I can not afford without a discount, so I have to wait until they release the discounts to see if I'm even going. I can't imagine having to book airfare several months in advance, booking a room I can't afford in the hopes that a discount will come out, and then holding my breath to see if it's all going to fall apart. I guess that's why there's travel insurance, lol! I just get real squeemish about booking something that I can't follow through on - one of my less delightful personality quirks!

I'm hoping that they release something for January soon, so I can just relax a little before it's holiday season . . . .
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #426
miss missy
Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives Lane?
Will not be playing any reindeer games!
I was so freakin freaked out!

Does anyone know if free dining was out last Jan?? Helping a friend plan thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #427
jennbenn
Earning My Ears

Yes, free dining was offered in Jan 2012.
jennbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #428
jasonhutch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennbenn View Post
Yes, free dining was offered in Jan 2012.
See here for historical discounts, including the date they first became available. Note that free dining for January, 2012 was first offered on 8/3/2011. Come on Disney, we're dying here!

http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ts/#codetrends
jasonhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #429
mom of lil princess
Mouseketeer

prediction

So no one should take this to serious cuz I am just guessing but I would guess october 1st will be the date disney puts out dates for free dining for january. I could be wrong but I just wanted to put that out there so when the time comes I could see how close I am

Disclaimer: I am not psychic nor am I responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any error

1986,1991,1996, 2009, jan 2013
mom of lil princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #430
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

All this planning makes me wish I was in WDW right now!!!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #431
Twinkler
Mouseketeer

All this waiting is starting to make me buggy! I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I have any discounts. I'm starting to get nervous about FD.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #432
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

Come on Sept 1....would be a great day for FD to be announced???
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #433
Fueledbycoffee
Mouseketeer

Airline prices are decent right now but I want to wait because we will add a day to our reservation if there is FD... I wish they would post soon but wonder if they'll wait until the current promo ends?!
Fueledbycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #434
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post

I hope the LM rooms are included but my guess is they will not be. The problem is, I don't think you would save money switching to a suite, even with FD.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #435
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
I hope the LM rooms are included but my guess is they will not be. The problem is, I don't think you would save money switching to a suite, even with FD.
Well I decided to switch us to a Nemo Suite....I got a military discount for that room and they didn't make me pay the two day base ticket to get the meal plan, this way we can also take advantage of the military ticket offer that is going on.....I used a friend who is a travel agent....she feels strongly that because the LM rooms are in such high demand that there will be no FD even if it is offered.....I saved over a thousand dollars by switching rooms as they didn't offer a military discount on any LM rooms.....I have 4 months to convince my daughter that it is almost the same thing and we can visit the LM section.....I also plan to load the room with Little Mermaid things so she feels good about it!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: