Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #256
DEdismom
Earning My Ears

Question about January 2013

I am dying waiting to find out if January will have free dining. I have made some ADRs for the week I want (1/26-2/2) but am waiting to hear about free dining before I book airlines. I do have a question though.....should I book a package now through Disney with room, tickets and dining or should I just wait until the free dining is released? I am new to this. Is it easier to wait until free dining is released to book a package or should I book now and call and add free dining when (fingers crossed) it comes out? What do the experts recommend?

Last edited by DEdismom; 08-07-2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: add titile
DEdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #257
kyliem
Earning My Ears

I'm no expert but I would say depends what kind of resort and room. If you want the new aoa value resort id say book now. Standard rooms are going quick from what I hear. I'd say it dosnt hurt to book anywhere now. You can always change dates or packages.
kyliem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #258
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEdismom View Post
I am dying waiting to find out if January will have free dining. I have made some ADRs for the week I want (1/26-2/2) but am waiting to hear about free dining before I book airlines. I do have a question though.....should I book a package now through Disney with room, tickets and dining or should I just wait until the free dining is released? I am new to this. Is it easier to wait until free dining is released to book a package or should I book now and call and add free dining when (fingers crossed) it comes out? What do the experts recommend?
I think if you are definitely going to take the trip, whether FD is offered or not, you should go ahead and book the package you want. If you are only going to make the trip if FD is offered, there is really no use in booking until you find out.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #259
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEdismom View Post
I feel it doesn't really matter.
A specific number of rooms in each resort will be set aside for the sale.
If you book now, you might have to choose another resort anyway, if your chosen resort doesn't have enough rooms in the sale, or enough of the "view" type you book.
Booking now does not guarantee you the same type of room in the sale.
Nor does it secure you a room over anyone else booking with free dining later.
Your free dining room will come out of the free dining "pool" as it were.

Not to mention, no one even knows WHEN the dates might be, so if your dates are off, you'll have to change your ressie anyway.

IF you want a type of room MORE than you want free dining, as in, you will NOT use the free dining sale if you can't get that type of room in that resort, then book now.

Hope that helps!!!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #260
mindy5648
living in Maine but my heart is at WDW

so im wondering and I am hoping that I am very wrong but do you think that they wont offer free dining becuase of the amount of people that will be coming for the opening of the new fantsy land? They wont need anything to draw the crowds becuase they will already have that nitch.
1/5/03 - Our first official date - The magic started at the Magic Kingdom
5/13/03 - He moved from Florida to Maine to be with me
October 2007 - After the wishes fireworks show he made me the happiest girl in "the world" and proposed
November 9th-16th 2008 - We had our planning session
January 5th, 2009 - I married my prince charming
January 10th - Reception in Maine
January 3rd-11th, 2010 - our Disneymoon
Jan 23rd-30th, 2011 - back to WDW with all of the in-laws ASMu
Jan 20-29th, 2012 - 1st stay at Coronado Springs with friends
mindy5648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #261
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy5648 View Post
so im wondering and I am hoping that I am very wrong but do you think that they wont offer free dining becuase of the amount of people that will be coming for the opening of the new fantsy land? They wont need anything to draw the crowds becuase they will already have that nitch.
I wouldn't worry about that. The grand opening of New Fantasyland is set for Dec. 6, 2012. (I think) If they were concerned about crowds they wouldn't have extended the free dining in Dec 2012.
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....
Ted in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #262
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

WE want free Dinning.. WE want Free Dinning..Please

I need free Dinning,, I need free dinning.
I am planning a mother daughter trip for my mom's 70th birthday. She has been hinting around at she might like to do this for her birthday. I have to have free dinning in order to go, looking for jan 10 thru 14, anyone have any history for this time of year? The reason I have to have free dinning is that my daughter is getting married so I have alot tied up in the wedding. Soooo

We want free dinning... PLease
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #263
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone
I am planning a mother daughter trip for my mom's 70th birthday. She has been hinting around at she might like to do this for her birthday. I have to have free dinning in order to go, looking for jan 10 thru 14, anyone have any history for this time of year? The reason I have to have free dinning is that my daughter is getting married so I have alot tied up in the wedding. Soooo

I hate to be negative, but that is Marathon Weekend at WDW, and I really doubt they will offer free dining for those dates. If anything, free dining will probably start the 14th or so.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #264
peel
DIS Veteran

We've been there during the marathon and had free dining before. I don't think it's a factor, but we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #265
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

Last year Friday and Saturday of marathon weekend was blacked out but we were able to get a room only discount for those two nights then start FD on Sunday for the rest of our trip. Not sure if Thursday would've been FD last year or not since we didn't start our trip till Friday.

I'm no expert but it could be since marathon weekend is a week later this year that FD dates "may" include some dates after New Years but then blackout a few dates for the marathon. I dunno! At least they offered the room only discount if you can't get FD.

At this point we are all guessing and praying big time! Ha!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #266
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone

In all honesty, you may find a room discount for less than the price of the dining plan and be able to spend less money than if you had "free dining" since you have to pay rack-rate for the room and the prices marathon weekend are slightly higher than the rest of early January. Compare when everything is released.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #267
Katie's Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus

In all honesty, you may find a room discount for less than the price of the dining plan and be able to spend less money than if you had "free dining" since you have to pay rack-rate for the room and the prices marathon weekend are slightly higher than the rest of early January. Compare when everything is released.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I agree and am waiting on the room rate discounts. For us, using the room discount to get CL is a better deal than free dining.

1983 offsite, 1989 offsite (senior trip), 1999 DC/BWI , 2006 CR (first trip with dd), 2008 DC/POR, 2008 BC, 2008 WL, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 DC, 2012 BWI, 2012 POR, 2013 AKL CL
Katie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #268
jgates
Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags again!!!!
Sometimes the TF only visits when you sleep...
Sorry, my Jag is in the shop this week!
Motel 6's #1 source for free online advert

We knocked $150 off our price with a AAA discount. This buys a lot of food in my book as we normally only eat one sit-down fancy meal per trip.
jgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #269
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates View Post
We knocked $150 off our price with a AAA discount. This buys a lot of food in my book as we normally only eat one sit-down fancy meal per trip.
Congrats on saving money! Always a good thing!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #270
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
I hate to be negative, but that is Marathon Weekend at WDW, and I really doubt they will offer free dining for those dates. If anything, free dining will probably start the 14th or so.
Her Birthday is the 10th so I could put it off for a week or so.. even the end of the month. Sooooo.. They normally offer free dinning in January? and when will the offer come out?

Thanks so much
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: