Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #211
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyqueendenmark View Post
Thanks... now I know that I'll certainly find discounts here - when they are released :D

Uhh... the predictions! They don't include my dates... But hey! No one knows yet!
I'm crossing my fingers and praying for the same discounts as 2011 According to mousesavers, free dining was avalible from 1/1/11 to 3/3/11 - which include almost every day of my vacation! I'll be arriving 12/30 and stay till 1/5(6)....
But in 2011 1/1 was a Saturday, 2013 is a Tuesday.... but I'm naive untill the end!!!
What do you DIS'ers say? Is it VERY VERY unlikely that if FD comes out, it will be avalible for dates just after or including 1/1? Is your best guess that the first day will be 1/6?
(I know that no one will know for sure untill the official dates is released - but I like guessing :D )
Anything could happen, but here's my logic:
Last year, the dates were Sun. 1/8 - Thur. 1/12
Sat. 1/21 - Thur. 2/2
And Sat. 2/11 - Thur.s 2/16.

Marathon pricing is 11, 12, 13. I don't believe they'll be included.
MLK falls a week later in 2013. Last year it was 1/16. Weekend before and day of, not included, nor the week after.
2013, MLK is 1/21. SOOOOO...my guess is, no fd on 1/18-1/25.

Who knows. There's a big gap there, so maybe the 22-26 will be included.
I believe they don't include the 1st. week of Feb. because of cheerleading competitions. That's just my guess.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #212
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

Ok so isn't tomorrow the historical date from last year for when FD came out for January?? That being said, is anyone planning in getting up early to check it out since its a Saturday (and my ONE day to sleep in a little this week)???

What's the best way to find out? Look at the special offers on Wdw website?? Call? What are you going to do?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #213
Bettie
Mouseketeer

I don't think there's any chance they'll release any discounts on a Saturday. I think the prevailing thought is that it'll be a few weeks before the January 2013 discounts start coming out because the current set of discounts came out later this year relative to when they came out last year.
Bettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #214
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

That's what I have heard. Just curious if anyone was going to check early tomorrow just in case. I'm gonna have a hard time getting up period! Ha!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #215
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Military promotion for next year was just confirmed. Will be announced by Disney this upcoming week.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #216
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Oops! Forgot to add the link!

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Di...es-Salute.html
Old 08-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #217
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

I'm throwing out another prediction. Disney Visa discount release on a Monday (probably 8/13) with the Gen. Public release that Thurs. That would follow the normal pattern, and would be par for the course since the 180s have already opened up for Jan. and now going into Feb. this coming week, and I need the sale dates to make my ADRs.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #218
dakotix
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
My predictions for FD in January are: 6-10, 13-17, and 26-31. But that's TOTALLY a guess, so don't do anything based on that. LOL
Let me know if I'm right.
That would be amazing... we have reservations starting on 1/9 Can't wait !
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #219
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Just have a quick question!
If I arrive at the last day of FD, will I then be able to get FD for the rest of my stay? Thought I read that :D
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #220
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyqueendenmark View Post
If I arrive at the last day of FD, will I then be able to get FD for the rest of my stay? Thought I read that :D
If they release free dining for January, you will have to check in on one of the free dining dates. As long as you are able to do this, traditionally you should be able to have free dining for your whole trip, up to 14 days.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #221
BackQuack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyqueendenmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
If they release free dining for January, you will have to check in on one of the free dining dates. As long as you are able to do this, traditionally you should be able to have free dining for your whole trip, up to 14 days.

My wife called last week and asked this exact question. We want to go in January since our kids have a few days off around MLK. The CSR told us that our entire stay needs to be within the dates of free dining, otherwise we'll need to make two reservations: one with the free dining dates and the another for the days outside of the offer. Perhaps she was misinformed or maybe this has changed for 2013? You may want to call yourself to verify.

Last edited by BackQuack; 08-04-2012 at 09:08 AM.
BackQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #222
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackQuack

My wife called last week and asked this exact question. We want to go in January since our kids have a few days off around MLK. The CSR told us that our entire stay needs to be within the dates of free dining, otherwise we'll need to make two reservations: one with the free dining dates and the another for the days outside of the offer. Perhaps she was misinformed or maybe this has changed for 2013? You may want to call yourself to verify.
Oh.... Okay! Thanks! I'll call and ask :D But I guess that IF free dining is released I will try to book it online and I'll see if it will work for my dates! But just to check - I'll give them a call.

But honestly I trust the people on the DIS more than the CM on the phone! The CM seems to be misinformed and they sometimes have no clue what they are talking about lol...
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #223
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

According to many, many posts, Disney is notorious for misinformed CSRs. I'd be willing to bet if she called again, she would get a different answer. Historically if you check in on a free dining day, you get it the whole time. Hopefully that hasn't changed.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #224
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has already been answered, but will room-only discounts be released later than free dining?

We are a family of 5, so if we stay in a moderate free dining is usually a fairly good deal. This year we have an annual pass and we already have a TIW card, so I am not as excited about free dining. But I don't want to wait too long before making flight reservations. Argh!
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #225
BackQuack
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
According to many, many posts, Disney is notorious for misinformed CSRs. I'd be willing to bet if she called again, she would get a different answer. Historically if you check in on a free dining day, you get it the whole time. Hopefully that hasn't changed.
I thought that's what we did a few years back but couldn't remember. She called to double check because there have been many changes apparently since we last visited. I'm also betting the CSR was misinformed, that's why I suggested calling yourself. I guess we won't find out until we try booking it for real, hopefully within a few days/weeks when the offer is officially announced.
BackQuack is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: