Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #151
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Don't forget the Disney marathon in 2013 is Jan 10- Jan 14 do they have free dinning then?
Free dining started on the day of the marathon last year, but not the week before. But who knows.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #152
Turkogloop
Just a dream away...

Last January we went on the 27th, which was a Friday. We were originally slated to go on January 20th but there was no FD offered at that point so we moved it up a week to the 27th which was a day where FD WAS offered. Thus, this upcoming January we are slated to go on January 25th, a Friday with hopes that they mimic last year's FD schedule. Fingers CROSSED!

Walt Disney World
July 1995 - Off-site || July 1996 - Off-site || June 2004 - Off-site || October 2010 - All-Star Sports Resort || January 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort ||
January 2013 - Art of Animation Resort

Last edited by Turkogloop; 07-21-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Turkogloop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #153
nansmama
DIS Veteran

I got sick of waiting and booked our room-only last night. Here's hoping they'll issue a RO discount for January.
nansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #154
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
I got sick of waiting and booked our room-only last night. Here's hoping they'll issue a RO discount for January.
I did the same thing a couple of days ago!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #155
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

FD actually started the Sunday of Marathon weekend last year. We were there starting the Friday of Marathon weekend and had to get a room only discount for the first two nights (Fri and Sat night) then re-check in on Sunday with a FD package. We were allowed to pick up our park hoppers Friday when we got there (we got our at the Epcot Guest Services) and use them even though our package didn't really start till Sunday.

And FD stopped on Thursday for the MLK weekend the weekend after marathon weekend. We were able to keep the FD of course b/c we had checked in on Sunday already.

We are heading down on Jan 11 (Fri) again this year which starts marathon weekend and will be there through MLK day again (monday) and hope that we will get the same deals again. Room only for Fri/Sat and FD for Sun thru the Mon a week later.

We have had FD the last two January trips we have taken (2011 and 2012) so I am hoping it is offered again.

Hope that info will help y'all plan a little.

One question- someone earlier on here posted that the UK FD for January has already come out and offered the quick service instead of the reg plan for mod resorts. Anyone know if this will affect January FD for americans?? Did they do this last year too b/c I know mods had reg dining free last year. Just wondering! Thanks!!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #156
Tallent
Mouseketeer

I would love that since we arrive the Wed before MLK weekend. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Tallent; 07-21-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Tallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #157
weschmom
Mouseketeer

OK a little help needed please...

For our schedule, Jan 18-22 (Fri thru Tues) works perfectly. Based on past discounts, what is the likelihood FD will be offered during this time?? Really can't afford to pay full price with no discounts.

Thanks!
weschmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #158
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weschmom View Post
OK a little help needed please...

For our schedule, Jan 18-22 (Fri thru Tues) works perfectly. Based on past discounts, what is the likelihood FD will be offered during this time?? Really can't afford to pay full price with no discounts.

Thanks!
If you follow last year's dates, this would mean you would have to check into your hotel by Thursday, January 17th to get the free dining.

DH42, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD6

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #159
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

There was FD during that time period last year but please someone correct me if I am wrong, don't you have to stay 5 nights to qualify?
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #160
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeychic View Post
There was FD during that time period last year but please someone correct me if I am wrong, don't you have to stay 5 nights to qualify?
recent fd has been 3 night minimum, 2 day base ticket minimum. WDW advertising sometimes suggests longer stays in an effort to convince you to stay longer. So you might see 5 night 6 day, or 6 night 7 day in the advertising...but the minimum is 3 nights.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #161
MammaAlicia
Earning My Ears

Jumping in! Booked AOA for 12/31 - 1/6 ... Hoping an offer comes out for then! Would love the FD but would take a room offer! I heard the AOA isnt eigible for discounts (The Little Mermaid Rooms) - If thats the case I'd gladley change for the discount!

Question... I remember someone saying if the package you book is around the time FD is offered it will extend during your whole trip? So if it comes out on Jan 6th and thats our checkout date will it still be applied to our whole trip?
MammaAlicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #162
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaAlicia View Post
Jumping in! Booked AOA for 12/31 - 1/6 ... Hoping an offer comes out for then! Would love the FD but would take a room offer! I heard the AOA isnt eigible for discounts (The Little Mermaid Rooms) - If thats the case I'd gladley change for the discount!

Question... I remember someone saying if the package you book is around the time FD is offered it will extend during your whole trip? So if it comes out on Jan 6th and thats our checkout date will it still be applied to our whole trip?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your check-in date must fall within the dates for any special offer, not your check out dates. So in your case 12/31 must not be blacked out. Unfortunately, that date is very unlikely to see any kind of discount offered.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #163
skelly916
Earning My Ears

Could be nothing, but, the system is down right now.
skelly916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #164
hcompton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeychic View Post
We did FD the past two January's and only stayed 4 nights each time. Pretty sure it's a minimum of 3 nights, not 5 in the past.
hcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #165
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

FD is out today through 12/13/12. Must be why their site was down earlier. That means (hopefully) we're next. Wish they could have held off a few more days until my ADR window, I'd have a better chance getting what I want.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: