DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Oh your pictures are making me so jealous! What a lovely unit.

Thanks for posting the TR. I'm afraid of ever booking a GV since I'd have a hard time going back to a regular 2 bedroom ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

HEY ALL...and a shout out to 4DISNEYADDICTS!!!!

We just got back today from the BLT....SAME ROOM YOU WERE IN!!!
It was awesome!!! I can tell you my heart was pounding when we were at the front desk (we arrived last Tuesday the 17th) just waiting to hear the room number!! Our room wasn't ready when we got there at 1ish....and they couldn't tell me which one until it was ready (they texted the room number to us at 3PM). I was THRILLED because it was the same room you had noted in your post!!

Anyway....the view was fantastic...just as you said! VERY spacious!! There were 7 adults and 2 children under the age of 3. One guest brought a twin size air mattress and slept in the Laundry room. She had to go in, close the door, THEN blow it up...there's not enough room to open the door if the air mattress is inflated. She was happy....didn't complain....and had her own room! LOL!! We only did laundry during the day as not to disturb her.

I thought there was plenty of storage space. Even the closets upstairs! We had a crib brought up from Housekeeping and it actually could fit IN the closet...altho it may be difficult lifting a child up from the high end of the crib (keep in mind that depending on where the room is located on the CURVE of the building the closets may be smaller or bigger....each of ours upstairs were different sizes). Our guests just moved one bed over just a pinch and the crib fit between their bed and the wall. Also, they ordered a rocking chair from ABBF. Housekeeping was more than happy to move the table and two chairs out so there would be enough room.

That's all I can write for now.... I'm still trying to get the house in order and kids ready for school tomorrow, but please ask any questions and I will try to answer them as soon as I am able!!!

Can't wait for next year's trip (sadly no plans YET)!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been hooked ever since!

2014 TRIPS: March BLT 1 BDRM TPV, Nov BLT 2 BDRM
NEXT TRIP: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post

It was awesome!!! I can tell you my heart was pounding when we were at the front desk (we arrived last Tuesday the 17th) just waiting to hear the room number!! Our room wasn't ready when we got there at 1ish....and they couldn't tell me which one until it was ready (they texted the room number to us at 3PM). I was THRILLED because it was the same room you had noted in your post!!

Anyway....the view was fantastic...just as you said! VERY spacious!! There were 7 adults and 2 children under the age of 3. One guest brought a twin size air mattress and slept in the Laundry room. She had to go in, close the door, THEN blow it up...there's not enough room to open the door if the air mattress is inflated. She was happy....didn't complain....and had her own room! LOL!! We only did laundry during the day as not to disturb her.

I thought there was plenty of storage space. Even the closets upstairs! We had a crib brought up from Housekeeping and it actually could fit IN the closet...altho it may be difficult lifting a child up from the high end of the crib (keep in mind that depending on where the room is located on the CURVE of the building the closets may be smaller or bigger....each of ours upstairs were different sizes). Our guests just moved one bed over just a pinch and the crib fit between their bed and the wall. Also, they ordered a rocking chair from ABBF. Housekeeping was more than happy to move the table and two chairs out so there would be enough room.

That's all I can write for now.... I'm still trying to get the house in order and kids ready for school tomorrow, but please ask any questions and I will try to answer them as soon as I am able!!!

It seems that with the sofa beds, you actually had enough beds for everyone, but your friend decided to sleep in the laundry room? They must have been concerned about noise and/or privacy or maybe that the sleeper sofa might not be too comfortable.

How fun that you got the same villa as the op. Wondering if you would splurge on the BLT grand Villa again.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 04-25-2012 at 06:26 PM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
It seems that with the sofa beds, you actually had enough beds for everyone, but your friend decided to sleep in the laundry room? They must have been concerned about noise and/or privacy or maybe that the sleeper sofa might not be too comfortable.

How fun that you got the same villa as the op. Wondering if you would splurge on the BLT grand Villa again.
Yup!! There were plenty of beds/sleepers for people to sleep in actually. It's just that our friend is a very LOUD sleeper.......LOL....so she insisted on sleeping in there.

I thought our living room sleeper was not very comfortable ( I recall a pullout that I slept in previously in a 1 bedroom that seemed quite comfy at the time - maybe this one just needed to be replaced)? Also, I thought the two chairs in the living room (which have the leather pillow backings) were not very comfortable either. I wish they had at least one of the gold sleeper chairs....(even tho we would not have used the sleeper).. I find those chairs much more comfortable to lounge in than the others.

FYI....our King size bed was DREAMY COMFY! And everyone that slept in bedrooms said their beds were comfy too!

Would I splurge on the BLT MK GV again? In a heartbeat!! Of course the number of points is quite painful!! We hope that in five years we can get a GV for our 25th Wedding Anniv!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
dionna
Earning My Ears

Oh, thank you, MrsBlovesDisney!!!

It's great to hear you had a wonderful experience, too and I appreciate you commenting on whether the crib could fit in the closet!

I can't wait for our stay there!
dionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #21
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for posting your GV experiences. I only have 225 BLT points and don't think I'll ever use them for a GV so it was fun to enjoy your fun times.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #22
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Yup!! There were plenty of beds/sleepers for people to sleep in actually. It's just that our friend is a very LOUD sleeper.......LOL....so she insisted on sleeping in there.

That was very considerate of her. I understand now.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
4DisneyAddicts
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So glad you enjoyed the villa too! Since this was our first DVC stay, we had 2 years worth of points, plus we could only do 3 days since it was after a cruise. Since we had enough points we decided to splurge and share it with others. Don't know if we will ever do it again because we plan to use our points every year!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DisneyAddicts View Post
So glad you enjoyed the villa too! Since this was our first DVC stay, we had 2 years worth of points, plus we could only do 3 days since it was after a cruise. Since we had enough points we decided to splurge and share it with others. Don't know if we will ever do it again because we plan to use our points every year!
Agreed!! We hope to do one (but hoping for two) trips a year (prob 1 BDRM's at BLT)..... (we HOPE that is)!!! We have a daughter going off to college in Sept so we'll have to see how the finances are. The GV will be saved for a special occasion only!

Hubby already has the BUG!! Called and booked the CR for a year from now just to have a reservation to look forward to!! We're hoping to get a 1 bedroom with cash at 6 months out next year since we're out of points!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: