Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
pixeegrl
DIS Veteran

Showers at Discovery Cove

Are they in abundance lol? Just wondering how long the line gets for them at the end of the day? DH will be stuck with all 3 boys and wondering how long the wait is for them and if we should get to them before a certain time i.e. is there a mad rush at the end of the day. Thanks! Can't wait for out August trip!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeegrl View Post
Are they in abundance lol? Just wondering how long the line gets for them at the end of the day? DH will be stuck with all 3 boys and wondering how long the wait is for them and if we should get to them before a certain time i.e. is there a mad rush at the end of the day. Thanks! Can't wait for out August trip!!!!
On the ladies side there were 2 rows of showers so quite and few and we really did not have a wait for them and we stayed almost all day. I think they have 3 locker rooms if I remember right with the showers so I think your DH should be good. If one is really busy go find another one

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
valee
Mouseketeer

We don't make any evening plans on Discovery Cove Days, so just sit in the chairs overlooking the dolphin lagoon until closing, enjoying our last beverage of the day. We've never had a wait when we head to the showers.
valee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I've been twice and never had to wait, but I usually leave before closing. That being said, I wouldn't go as far as to take a 30min shower if I thought someone might need to get in.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Am I missing something? It never occurred to me that I would need to shower before leaving DC? Is it necessary? We are going in August and I was planning to just hang out 'til closing and then jump in the car and head back to our hotel (which is right across the street at the Renaissance).

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Am I missing something? It never occurred to me that I would need to shower before leaving DC? Is it necessary? We are going in August and I was planning to just hang out 'til closing and then jump in the car and head back to our hotel (which is right across the street at the Renaissance).
No you don't have to take one. We used them because both kids were sand head to toe so this was the best way to get all the sand off them and out of the bathing suites. If you are across the street then you can wait until you get back to your hotel. If your going somewhere else right after or have a long drive back one or to your hotel you might want one.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No one will make you take a shower if you don't want to.

Me personally, I like being able to rinse all the water off (and like a PP said, all the sand) and I would shower after swimming in any public pool . I may sound like a germophobe here, but quite honestly, who knows what you have been swimming in all day long? I will stress that DC is amazingly clean, but when it comes to the end of my day, I will happily take that shower!

I have hair that's very long (for an old girl ) and its much easier to comb it out after a shampoo and conditioning treatment (and they have great hair care products right in the showers). Plus they have a huge supply of nice white fluffy towels all ready and waiting. I can't say enough about how nice the shower facilities are.....the best I've ever been in!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
No you don't have to take one. We used them because both kids were sand head to toe so this was the best way to get all the sand off them and out of the bathing suites. If you are across the street then you can wait until you get back to your hotel. If your going somewhere else right after or have a long drive back one or to your hotel you might want one.

I never considered the sand. A rinse off might not be such a bad idea

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did not shower before leaving. We went in August as well, and since it is so hot we actually dried just waiting for our photos and really didn't feel the need to get wet again before we left. We all showered when we got back to the hotel. I don't think waiting an extra 15 minutes to bathe made a difference, LOL. I do understand wanting to wash off the sand, but we were not sandy as we had been swimming and then standing in line. We were not playing in the sand.
We didn't actually bring any clothes with us to Discovery Cove. We came in our suits and left in them.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I actually think it's easier to get out of the wetsuits under the shower as well, unless it's completely dry already.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
ETHANSMOMMA
Earning My Ears

Smile plenty

there were plenty of showers! we spent the entire day there so at 5pm there was no line and they had shower gel and shampoo, they also have outside showers to just rinse off if you get sandy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: