Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Yes, for Busch Gardens it says residents of US, Canada and Puerto Rico.

It seems odd, therefore, that Sea world would not extend it to residents of Canada

I am assuming they will know when it comes to payment and they will have your billing address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsclark View Post
Hi all,
I am really interested in this deal as we are a family of 6, 3 of which are ravenous teenagers

We are UK based and have already bought tickets - the $71.99+tax version with the second day free - however I feel this is a better deal for us.

Does anyone know what the cancellation/refund policy is for SeaWorld please?

I have emailed them and they replied to say that you cannot change one offer for another but they did not say anything about there refund policy, so I have asked again.
I cannot see how they can limit this offer, or any others, to America only, especially as these are E-Tickets and you print them out yourselves at home and then scan them at the park gates.

I will update if I hear anything else, however any info you have on refund policy would be really helpful.
In the letter I sent to SW I let them know that I had a US bank account and a US MasterCard this is the response that I got...

"Thank you for contacting our SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. We appreciate your questions as they are valuable in helping us improve the high level of service that we strive to provide.

We are thrilled that you are planning to visit our beautiful park this summer. We offer different promotions at different times throughout the year targeting specific areas. The free dining promotion exclusively offered to our Canadian guests expires on July 22nd. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You stated that you have a US bank and a US credit card, which would allow you to take advantage of the promotion offered to US residents. Please note that you must also have a US billing address to be eligible for this particular promotion.

Thank you again for contacting us at SeaWorld Orlando. We look forward to your visit in August.

Sincerely,

Lisa
SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica
Guest Correspondence Team"

Well I don't have a US billing address so I guess I'm out of luck.

A few months ago the President was at DW to let the world know that the US of A was open for business. He forgot to mention that they would be charging the world more then the locals.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*

Last edited by Stan Solo; 05-04-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #17
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Well, your response was better than mine I asked them specifically if they could tell me why the promotion was open to limited groups only and where the best place to buy a 1-day ticket for Busch Gardens was. I made it quite clear that we did not plan to visit any of the other Annheuser-Busch parks during our stay.

This was my response...

Dear Ms. ******,

Thank you for contacting Busch Gardens Tampa. As stated the Play and Dine Promotion is only available to US, Canada or Puerto Rico residents. Try this website - http://www.seaworldparks.co.uk/. Tickets can also be purchased at the park upon your arrival. Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,
Busch Gardens Tampa
Guest Relations and Services

The oh-so-helpful link they provided in their reply took me to a site for tickets for UK residents. Unfortunately, that site only sells multi-day, multi-park tickets starting at around £85 ($120) each. Since I can buy a 1-day, 1-park ticket from Undercover Tourist for less than $80 each, that is precisely what I have done
wilma-bride is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
Stan Solo

Well they did tell you the place that works out best for them for you to buy the tickets at.
Are you not able to buy the tickets in advance at http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgar...rs/Single-Park

It is a $10 savings PP buying them on line before you go instead of buying them at the gate. I guess the reason they only offer the better discounts to people closer to FL is becuse they know that we already travelled so far and at such great expense whats another $10-$20 per person plus tax. Little do they know that with everybody going on line and seeing the discounts that others are getting all they are doing is creating frustration and anger for their potential customers.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Old 05-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #19
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
Well they did tell you the place that works out best for them for you to buy the tickets at.
Are you not able to buy the tickets in advance at http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgar...rs/Single-Park

It is a $10 savings PP buying them on line before you go instead of buying them at the gate. I guess the reason they only offer the better discounts to people closer to FL is becuse they know that we already travelled so far and at such great expense whats another $10-$20 per person plus tax. Little do they know that with everybody going on line and seeing the discounts that others are getting all they are doing is creating frustration and anger for their potential customers.
I could have bought them there but, in the end, decided to get them from Undercover Tourist since that's where I was getting my WDW tickets from and they worked out slightly cheaper since UT's prices include tax.
wilma-bride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #20
Stan Solo

I think I'll hold off for now and hope for a better deal to come around in the next month or so. I hope the deal that is being offered now won't go away so I should be able to still get it next month if nothing better comes along.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

All day dining at Sea World, you don't need to get a meal every time you go through the line -- you can go through just for a water, another beverage, or a dessert. You just show your wristband and the cashier waves you through -- don't stand on line. You do need to stand on line to pick up food for an entree though but not the cashier line -- again, they'll wave you through.

Also, you can get breakfast on the all day dining.

I like the all day dining and do it when it's on sale for annual pass holders.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: