Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?
 
maggiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,845

FREE All day dining at SeaWorld

I just saw a web banner ad for free all day dining at Sea World. I am trying to figure out if it would work for us?

DH and I are going on a cruise in August and plan to go a couple days early to hang out in the Disney area. We did this last year and just spent time at DTD, touring the monorail resorts, shopping at the outlets, etc. Getting Disney tickets for just a couple days seems too expensive. But I was thinking of hitting up Sea World for a day or two this year since we have never been.

So, the free dining wrist band with 1 day admission would be $82 each. These are NOT eligible for the second day free option but food would be included.

We can get the $71 online tickets and get the second day free, but then food is not included.

I'm going to try to get the $45 tickets that are on sale tomorrow only (April 13), but I am not sure I will get those. I have a meeting/training during the time they go on sale, but I will maybe try on my phone. But these do not include food and are NOT eligible for the second day free.

I'm not sure if we need a second day. We don't need to do any of the kiddie stuff since it is only DH and I. We probably will just do the shows and a few attractions.

We also don't eat a lot. So I won't be trying to maximize the food wristband. But it seems like if we eat lunch and dinner there, we would make it worth it??

Maggie
__________________
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran
 
RabFlmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Space Coast
Posts: 1,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
I just saw a web banner ad for free all day dining at Sea World. I am trying to figure out if it would work for us?

DH and I are going on a cruise in August and plan to go a couple days early to hang out in the Disney area. We did this last year and just spent time at DTD, touring the monorail resorts, shopping at the outlets, etc. Getting Disney tickets for just a couple days seems too expensive. But I was thinking of hitting up Sea World for a day or two this year since we have never been.

So, the free dining wrist band with 1 day admission would be $82 each. These are NOT eligible for the second day free option but food would be included.

We can get the $71 online tickets and get the second day free, but then food is not included.

I'm going to try to get the $45 tickets that are on sale tomorrow only (April 13), but I am not sure I will get those. I have a meeting/training during the time they go on sale, but I will maybe try on my phone. But these do not include food and are NOT eligible for the second day free.

I'm not sure if we need a second day. We don't need to do any of the kiddie stuff since it is only DH and I. We probably will just do the shows and a few attractions.

We also don't eat a lot. So I won't be trying to maximize the food wristband. But it seems like if we eat lunch and dinner there, we would make it worth it??

Maggie
The all dining is worth it. Just to get a 1 meat platter, at Voyagers, a dessert, or salad and a drink will put you more than 1/2 way to the $30. 2 meals gets you there, plus you can get as many drinks as you need, or snacks all day long. 4 bottles of water is almost $12 so when you factor that in with 2 meals you easily break even or come out ahead.
__________________
Rabflmom
RabFlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
modegard
Mouseketeer
 
modegard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 382

We were there April 1st and had free dining. We ate lunch and supper in the park and had a few drinks of water and pop in between. One huge benefit was when we wanted to go into the Pizza / Pasta buffet and there was a 30 minute wait, they let us right in with the wrist bands. It was well worth it for us. If we just wanted a drink we did not have to wait in the lines for food and then the cashier line, we just walked in got a drink and left. Those wrist bands saved us a lot of time.

Also, we did the park in one day, with four kids. We arrived at 10:30 am, saw one show, did all the rides and exhibits and were back at the hotel by 5:30 pm. I would say one day is enough. We also had Quick Queue passes so we did not wait in the lines for the rides.

__________________
modegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
STINKERDOODLE
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11

@maggiew...where did you see the free dining offer? Planning a trip at the end of May and it sounds too good to be true... is there a kids price as well? Thanks for any info!
STINKERDOODLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
GoofyMomInOhio
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyMomInOhio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKERDOODLE View Post
@maggiew...where did you see the free dining offer? Planning a trip at the end of May and it sounds too good to be true... is there a kids price as well? Thanks for any info!
Try this ~ http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...Pages/Eat-Free
__________________
Kelly (Me) DH: DS16 DD15 DD11: Sarah (puppy) Diesel (bunny)
GoofyMomInOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Cdnmom2001
Mouseketeer
 
Cdnmom2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 445

so sad I can't add it to my one day at seaworld with my disovery cove package great deal sucks to have to miss it
__________________
Michelle
Mama to my A-Team
Miss A -- 12 agh preteen wonderful
Mr. A -- 8 and awesome
Surprise Trip for the kids Disney Dream Cruise --April 27, 2014 - May 1st, 2014! stateroom #8188 !!! Kids are going to freak out Christmas morning
2nd Family Disney trip, May 2012 which included Magic Kindgom, Seaworld Discovery Cove and a 4 night Disney Dream Cruise, stateroom 9662, beyond incredible trip!!!

First Family Trip to Disney 2009 stayed on site at CBR, 5 days in the parks and truly 1st trip incredible memories that we will have for a lifetime
Cdnmom2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
sharon_wv
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 245

For you SeaWorld officiandos, is this free dining deal a common, long-term deal??? We are going to Florida in June and staying in Disney. We plan on doing SeaWorld for one day in the middle of our week.

The deal says that we have to use the tickets by August, but how long do you think this deal will be available? It also says that tickets have to be purchased 3 days in advance. Should I purchase the tickets now, just in case it gets discontinued, or wait until closer to my trip, like the week before we are leaving?

Since I'm unfamiliar with SeaWorld (haven't been there in over 20 years), I don't want to lose out on it if I don't act now. But on the other hand, I'd like to keep my money in my pocket until the last minute too.

Any advice or history of this deal would be appreciated!
__________________
Sharon
Disney Vacation at POR - June 2012
Disney Vacation at CSR - April 2010
Disney Vacation at CSR - March 2008
Disney Vacation at CBR - October 2001

me DH, DD17 DD6
sharon_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
dclfun
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Moved to Orlando!
Posts: 5,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom View Post
The all dining is worth it. Just to get a 1 meat platter, at Voyagers, a dessert, or salad and a drink will put you more than 1/2 way to the $30. 2 meals gets you there, plus you can get as many drinks as you need, or snacks all day long. 4 bottles of water is almost $12 so when you factor that in with 2 meals you easily break even or come out ahead.
Where can you get the snacks or drinks if you aren't looking for a full meal? The offer says that food carts are not included, so do you have to go through a restaurant again?
__________________


Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?
 
Stan Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Great White North
Posts: 855

What's up with this offer only being avaiable to residents of the US and Puerto Rico?

What differance does it make if I'm from North Dakota or 2 hours north in Canada? They email you the tickets. Don't they?
__________________




Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
Ryansdad0727
DIS Veteran
 
Ryansdad0727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclfun View Post
Where can you get the snacks or drinks if you aren't looking for a full meal? The offer says that food carts are not included, so do you have to go through a restaurant again?
You have to get all of your food or drinks from one of the restaurants listed. Sometimes there is a long lines but often times you can grab a drink and just show the wristband to the cashier as you leave. There are several different floor plans for the restaurants so some are conducive to grab and go and some are not.
__________________
Me DW DS5
Polynesian: 1992, Port Orleans: Riverside August 2004, Old Key West: July 2009, Old Key West: December 2010, Treehouse Villas at SSR: December 2011, Old Key West: March 2012, Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge: July 2012, SSR: July 2012, Boardwalk Villas: March 2014, Bay Lake Tower: July 2014
Ryansdad0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs
 
wilma-bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 20,930
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
What's up with this offer only being avaiable to residents of the US and Puerto Rico?

What differance does it make if I'm from North Dakota or 2 hours north in Canada? They email you the tickets. Don't they?
The one on the Busch Gardens website is the same. I have emailed them to ask why as we are from the UK. I almost bought these tickets and then saw the bit about US, canada, Puerto Rico residents at the last minute. Good job I spotted it since I would have hated to turn up and have them refuse to honour the tickets. I will update this thread if/when I get a response.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?
 
Stan Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Great White North
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
The one on the Busch Gardens website is the same. I have emailed them to ask why as we are from the UK. I almost bought these tickets and then saw the bit about US, canada, Puerto Rico residents at the last minute. Good job I spotted it since I would have hated to turn up and have them refuse to honour the tickets. I will update this thread if/when I get a response.
I did the same thing as you I was up to the pont where you put in your credit card information and decided to go back and read all the rules and regulations. I sent them an email two days ago but have not heard back yet. If/when I do I'll be sure to post it here. What I don't understand is how would they know where you are from? Don't you just bring in the email they send you?

On the Bush Gardens website it's OK for Canada?
__________________




Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #13
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs
 
wilma-bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 20,930
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
On the Bush Gardens website it's OK for Canada?
Yes, for Busch Gardens it says residents of US, Canada and Puerto Rico.

It seems odd, therefore, that Sea world would not extend it to residents of Canada

I am assuming they will know when it comes to payment and they will have your billing address.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
starwarsclark
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 73

Hi all,
I am really interested in this deal as we are a family of 6, 3 of which are ravenous teenagers

We are UK based and have already bought tickets - the $71.99+tax version with the second day free - however I feel this is a better deal for us.

Does anyone know what the cancellation/refund policy is for SeaWorld please?

I have emailed them and they replied to say that you cannot change one offer for another but they did not say anything about there refund policy, so I have asked again.
I cannot see how they can limit this offer, or any others, to America only, especially as these are E-Tickets and you print them out yourselves at home and then scan them at the park gates.

I will update if I hear anything else, however any info you have on refund policy would be really helpful.
starwarsclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?
 
Thumper_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,444

FYI for those looking at the Buy a Day, Get a Day ticket from the Sea World site. Undercover Tourist has the same tickets cheaper at the moment. I did the math and found them to be cheaper through UT. After taxes and shipping, the tickets from SW were close to $80 each. UT has them much cheaper now. Especially if you sign up for the Mousesavers Newsletter and use the private link. I bought ours 2 days ago and they're already on the way. Even if you don't subscribe to the newsletter, still cheaper through UT as shipping and taxes are already included in the price.
__________________
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: