Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
PrincessStephanie
Earning My Ears

Wellness vs. Nonwellness

is a huge deal if you're 21 and live in wellness? will i regret this if i do this? or would it not really matter at all? HELP
PrincessStephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Micisaninja
Earning My Ears

I don't think it matters much really, though you may run into trouble finding roommates. I'm doing wellness and I wouldn't room with someone over 21 just in case they decide they wanted to drink. If they brought alcohol into the apartment, the entire apartment could be termed. And I'd just rather not risk it.
Micisaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
Spo0nfulofSugar
Impatiently waiting for College

Does being housed in Wellness really make it difficult to find roomies? Are most CPers 21+?

Last edited by Spo0nfulofSugar; 04-12-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Spo0nfulofSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
jprice11
Earning My Ears

From what I've seen it seems that there are people of all ages that do the college program so it shouldn't be hard to find someone to room with your age. I'm over 21 and I don't drink but it seems that it would be best to get a Non-Wellness apartment. Like already mentioned if one person in the Wellness apartment decides to drink then everyone could be termed whether that be someone under 21 or 21+. I just wouldn't want to lose my job for something like that. I'm going to try and get into the Spring 2013 program and just try to find people who are more like me that don't really drink or party.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Caitlin1990
Earning My Ears

If a PI falls through and I end up keeping the CP, then I'm going to go with Non-Wellness. I like to drink on occasion and the vast majority of my friends in Florida are at least 21, so it would be a safer bet to stick with Non-Wellness where my 21+ friends and I can drink if we feel like it. I had a blast on my last program when I was 20 and in Wellness with the other 18-20 year old girls, but none of us cared about drinking at home, so it was never an issue. If you're over 21, though, it could be.

Basically, if you ever drink at all or are planning on drinking at all during your program, it's a safer bet to go with Non-Wellness. It's better to have roommates who drink in a legal environment than it is to have them drink in an illegal environment. Remember, just because it's illegal for under 21 year olds to drink doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

If you find roommates you want to be with and have a drinking/non-drinking guideline established, then it doesn't really matter which one you choose to stay in. If anyone is drinking in a Wellness apartment, everyone could get termed; if under 21 year olds are drinking in a Non-Wellness apartment, everyone could get termed. It just all depends on the type of people you're with.
Expedition Everest 2012 Challenger

Last edited by Caitlin1990; 04-12-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Caitlin1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
redheadedberry
Earning My Ears

I am going for non wellness, not because I drink a lot or even plan on drinking in my room, but I want the ability to do so if the need/occasion arises.
redheadedberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #7
AllyCatAria
Earning My Ears

I'd go with the Non-wellness. Like the others said: Just because alcohol is not allowed in the wellness apartments doesn't mean that someone might get stupid. And it would stink to be held responsible for someone else's lack of brain cells.

Much better to find quiet roommates and go for non-wellness. There's quite a few, I'm sure.
AllyCatAria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
ZenSandwich
Earning My Ears

I would go with non-wellness. It doesn't mean that you will get crazy party roommates just because everyone is over 21. In fact, I'd bet Wellness might be worse. Drinking still has that illicit vibe when you are under 21, which makes it more exciting. And you'd risk getting termed with partying wellness roommates.

The only reason I can see going into Wellness is if you have a friend who is under 21 that you specifically want to room with. Otherwise, go with non-wellness. It's safer for everyone.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
roastedchickenwings
Earning My Ears

Just because you're at that age where drinking is prohibited doesn't mean you have to drink. There are many people (21+) who opt to live in wellness.
roastedchickenwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: