Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #76
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Banana-White Chocolate Toffee Tower? I'll take two! My gosh that thing looks yummy!

Emma just cracked me up - she's like "quit taking pictures and let me EAT!" And about the broccoli, well, she did eat her celery! My kiddos won't touch it!

Love the update!

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #77
BobbleClank
Mouseketeer

subscribing, looking forward to the read.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #78
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
Banana-White Chocolate Toffee Tower? I'll take two! My gosh that thing looks yummy!

Emma just cracked me up - she's like "quit taking pictures and let me EAT!" And about the broccoli, well, she did eat her celery! My kiddos won't touch it!

Love the update!
OH YES...that dessert was so so SO good! I could eat one right now for breakfast.

Yeah, she was totally over the pictures then. She just wanted to eat! It's funny that I didn't even notice it until I looked at the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbleClank View Post
subscribing, looking forward to the read.
Thanks for subscribing! I look forward to having you here!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #79
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

After our delicious meal at The Hollywood Brown Derby, it was time to head out and have some fun! We walked over to the Sorcerer's Hat to decide what to do next. Of course, we were letting Emma choose what our next desitination was, and it was an easy one for her. She was ready to ride Star Tours! We walked over there, and the line was almost non-existant! I was shocked! Before hopping into the queue, I snapped a quick picture.

We literally only waited about 10 minutes before we were being ushered into our position at our bay. Emma was so excited! I had told her about riding this back when I was little, and about how much I had loved it, so she was ready to give it a try.

We hopped on the ride, and we were off! Before they could even tell us "Thank you for choosing Star Tours...Buh Bye!" She was ready to ride it again! She LOVED it!!! So, of course, we got off and got right back in line again. I think we did this 3 or 4 times before we decided to do something different.

We walked around looking at things, and this is when I finally noticed where The Writer's Stop was. It was PACKED, so we didn't go in though. Next, we got in line for the Backstage Tour.

Emma decided she didn't want to do it before we were let in. We exited the line and went to play in the cooling spot right outside. It was HOT!

After getting spit on by a giant Coke bottle, we made our way over to Pixar Place. We wanted to see what the wait time was for Toy Story Midway Mainia. The line for it was SCARY long, so we opted out. Emma settled on doing some pin trading with the 50 million cast members that were walking around Pixar Place instead. She really loved the pin trading. She insisted upon trading with almost every cast member she saw. It was so funny! She's already asked if we have more pins to trade for our next trip, and that trip hasn't even been booked yet!

Before long, it was time to head over toward Fantasmic. Emma and I grabbed a seat (and a coke) outside the entrance to Beauty and the Beast, and Daddy went to ride one of his favorites. Tower of Terror! We only waited for him for about 20 minutes, then we were ready to go on into Fantasmic. We walked through the gates, stopping to do a little pin trading first, then made our way to the theater and to our seats. We still had a little while to wait, so Daddy grabbed us another coke to share, and we settled in to wait.

The time really did go by quickly! They had a couple of cast members with microphones that were helping to keep the crowd entertained while we waited for the show to start. They did trivia games, "remember the lyrics" games and all kinds of fun stuff. There were several school groups there too, and they recognized every one of them. The two cast members were really funny. They would banter back and forth at each other, and it just cracked me up.

Soon, the show started! Emma was hooked right from the very beginning. She saw Mickey, and that was all it took. I don't have any pictures of the show, because they didn't turn out at all, but the show was FANASTIC! I would go back to watch it in a heartbeat! Emma loved seeing all the characters on the boat at the end, and I was so proud that she recognized Steamboat Willie! I'm telling ya guys, this show was just awesome. I loved every minue of it, and so did Daddy and Emma. It was WONDERFUL!

After the show, we didn't want to have to fight the hoards of people that would be waiting for a bus, so we ducked into a shop and picked up something that we had purchased earlier in the day. I don't remember when we bought them, but at some point during our day we had bought new ears. Emma bought the silver "bling" ears, and Daddy and I got our very own monogrammed ears. Don't worry, you'll get to see them soon! We picked up our ears, and wandered around the shops for a little bit before we headed out to the bus stop.

We had a perfect day at Hollywood Studios, but it was time to head back to the room for some sleep! Tomorrow was going to be an even bigger day for us! We early EMH's at MK, and evening EMH's there too! Good gracious! I hope we can hold out for it! MK opens the next morning at 7am, and doesn't close until 3am!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #80
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I love F! However, my boys don't care much for it ... so we had to skip it this year.

That's awesome she recognized Steamboat Willy!!!!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 05-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #81
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

OH! GUYS! I've started a new PTR! You'll find the link down there in my siggy. I hope you'll follow me over there and join in on the fun!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #82
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I swear, your Emma is such a doll! Sounds like you did have a great HS day. We did F!, but just weren't that crazy about it. It was just mass hysteria getting in and out of the theatre, and then the show scared 2 out of 3 of my kids. We probably won't do it again.

Headed over to sub to your PTR...
Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #83
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I swear, your Emma is such a doll! Sounds like you did have a great HS day. We did F!, but just weren't that crazy about it. It was just mass hysteria getting in and out of the theatre, and then the show scared 2 out of 3 of my kids. We probably won't do it again.

Headed over to sub to your PTR...
Awww....thank you! She is pretty sweet if you ask me.

I agree, it is pretty crazy getting out of there, but stopping in the shops to look around really helped to combat that.

It didn't scare Emma, but I was so worried that it would. I guess it helped that I let her watch it on You Tube before we went, so she knew what to expect.

We really enjoyed it, but we won't do it again unless we do the dining package. I saw the line that people were waiting in, and it was HORRENDOUS!!! It was nice to just walk up, show our passes, and walk right in. We didn't wait at all, except for when we were already seated and waiting for the show to start.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #84
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonginad View Post
OH! GUYS! I've started a new PTR! You'll find the link down there in my siggy. I hope you'll follow me over there and join in on the fun!
Woo hoo! Headed that way!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #85
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Bright and early the next morning (well...maybe not so bright...it was still sort of dark outside) we got up and got ready for our day. We were all bouncing off the walls, because this was our MK day!!! We were still surprising Emma with little things every day, so she got ready and waited anxiously on the bed for us to finish so we could tell her what her surprise was! What was it, you ask? Why we were going to eat breakfast with Pooh and the Gang! She was so happy! This was her favorite character meal last year, so she was really glad to be going back! We headed down to the bus stop, and a bus showed up pretty quickly.

Now, this was a morning EMH day at MK, and it was opening up at 7 am. Yes...I said that right...7 AM. We got there early enough that the street lights were still on. We walked up and were first in line at one of the turnstiles, too! YAY!!! There didn't seem to be too many people out and about this morning, so I was optimistic that the crowds wouldn't be too bad. We hadn't encountered many yet, so I was hoping it would stay that way.

Once they finally started letting us in, we made our way to the left side, but stayed out far enough to see the Welcome show. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a techical glitch this morning. The train didn't show up in time! It finally pulled in after the countdown had started, and just as they got almost to "1", Mickey stepped off the train to wave hello! It was pretty funny to see the CM's react at this little issue, but they never missed a beat, and it went off beautifully!

Once we were finally let into the park, we headed straight for Fantasyland. We didn't have breakfast ressies until 9:40 am, so we had some time to kill! Of course, we let Emma pick what we did first, so we headed off to her favorite: The Mad Tea Party!!!

We were the first people on the ride for the day, and had it all to ourselves!!! We rode it several more times before hopping off and heading toward Winnie the Pooh.

We got to ride with Pooh and Pals a couple of times, and headed over to Peter Pan. Now this is my favorite ride in the whole place! We rode it twice, and then Emma said it was time for It's Small World. Sadly, we only rode it this one time. Then it was time for the Haunted Mansion! After that we started over to the Crystal Palace for our ADR. We were a little early, but were hungry!!!

We were sooo totally stoked, because we still hadn't encountered ANY lines and NO crowds. And we had gotten so much done already!

Would it stay that way???

Only time will tell...

But first...we had to get our picture taken in front of the castle.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #86
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Woo hoo! Headed that way!
YAY!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #87
JDailey
Mouseketeer

What luck to ride all those rides more than once. Love the picture of you guys on the tea cups so pretty!!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #88
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Great picture in front of the castle - there are only like 5 people in the background! Wow!

So, early EMH AND evening EMH at MK?? I'm tired just thinking about it! But I can't wait to read about it! Tomorrow must be a sleep in day!

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
Old 05-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #89
DreamEagle
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Been in "stealth-mode" here on the Dis Boards for the last year or so, loving all of the trip reports for WDW and DCL. They are always helpful.

But I decided to jump into the conversation and finally take part. Had the pleasure of reading your Pre-trip report and have been following along ever since. Thanks for the report, it looks like you all had an amazing time.

Looking forward to what you experienced next!

Recent Memory...

WDW: 07/08 | 02/09 | 09/12 | 01/13 | 02/13 | 04/13| DL: So Lucky, Daily! |DCL: 10/11 (LA to Mexico!)
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #90
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
What luck to ride all those rides more than once. Love the picture of you guys on the tea cups so pretty!!
Thank you so much! That's one of my favorite pictures of us. I really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
Great picture in front of the castle - there are only like 5 people in the background! Wow!

I think we got lucky with that. LOL. Thanks!

So, early EMH AND evening EMH at MK?? I'm tired just thinking about it! But I can't wait to read about it! Tomorrow must be a sleep in day!
Yeah...it was a VERY busy day, to say the least! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEagle View Post
Been in "stealth-mode" here on the Dis Boards for the last year or so, loving all of the trip reports for WDW and DCL. They are always helpful.

But I decided to jump into the conversation and finally take part. Had the pleasure of reading your Pre-trip report and have been following along ever since. Thanks for the report, it looks like you all had an amazing time.

Looking forward to what you experienced next!
YAY! I'm so glad that your first post was here! That makes me feel so great! I hope you're enjoying reading along. Chime in whenever you want! Welcome aboard, and thanks for reading!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: