Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #46
tink's girls
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report so far. Your daughter is so cute! We are thinking of staying at Port Orleans on our next trip. It's so beautiful. Did you enjoy the resort?

Dec. 2005 ASMo
Dec. 2007 POP
Dec. 2008 CSR
October 2010 AKL
December 2011 offsite with husband's free hotel points
June 8-12 2013 CSR

Old 04-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #47
miceli20
Disney Veteran

Enjoying your trip report. I will be going on a mommy/daughter/hope to be soon daughter in law trip in may. I have never done a trip report before but I may try it. Can't wait for the next installment
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #48
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Okay, I head to read that one line about the blue a few times .. because I thought you were saying you donned blue lipstick. Go team?

Anyway ... yikes at encountering a crowd before the gates opened. That's never fun ... but glad you were able to make do and make new friends!

That's awesome that you got to ride TSM twice in a row! We've never been through the regular line.

Sorry that you had a bad server and a yucky smell at H&V. We had just dined there on the 7th and had a great experience, and no offending odors! Perhaps there was an irresponsible parent who refused to interrupt their meal to change a diaper. And you definitely didn't get the server we had .. she was great! She wasn't the most on top of refills, but she did check back and kept an eye on DD for the chef and made herself available for us to flag down. I'm glad your DD got a great experience with the characters though!

Anxious to see what you do next! I'm thinking you went to see ... hmm... I really don't know what's open for EMH. So I'll just guess as if all attractions are open.

I'm thinking she'll ask for Little Mermaid.
HAHAHAHA Liddy! Blue lipstick WOULD have been interesting, huh? Yep...GO TEAM! That was a lovely day, indeed. We won against Louisville. YIPPEE! So that meant we were headed to the championship game! (more on that later...LOL)

Yeah, we figured that someone refused to change their kid's diaper or something. Whatever it was, it was awful!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #49
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink's girls View Post
Loving your trip report so far. Your daughter is so cute! We are thinking of staying at Port Orleans on our next trip. It's so beautiful. Did you enjoy the resort?
We LOVED Port Orleans French Quarter. We've stayed there on both of our trips, and we adore it! The size of it is great, the pool is really fun, and the grounds are absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for the kind words about Emma. She's definitely a keeper. LOL. I love that little booger to pieces.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #50
cricket12960
Mouseketeer

I have to say this was one of the best ptr and tr I have read in a while. Your family is so beautiful..We just got back from POFQ on Thursday and had a magical time. Thank you for reminding me of why I keep going back. Have a great day and see you soon in the Happiest place on Earth!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #51
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceli20 View Post
Enjoying your trip report. I will be going on a mommy/daughter/hope to be soon daughter in law trip in may. I have never done a trip report before but I may try it. Can't wait for the next installment
Thank you, Robin! I'm glad you're enjoying it, because I am loving writing it! Especially today, since it's giving me quite frequent breaks from my housework. I've been a busy little bee today! I've washed the sheets on our beds, along with all the blankets, AND the quilts. Man, doesn't it ever take forever when you're doing all of that! I have a setting for bedding on my washer, and the cycle is an hour and 35 minutes long! So total for both beds has been almost 8 or 9 hours of laundry. WHEW! Plus I've been dusting, rearranging, and just doing some light spring cleaning.

It's DH's birthday today too, so after I get finsihed with all of my work, I am going to make him dinner and a cake before he gets home from work. I found a recipe for a pink lemonade cake in a magazine that I was reading yesterday. I wonder if he'll mind having a pink birthday cake?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #52
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket12960 View Post
I have to say this was one of the best ptr and tr I have read in a while. Your family is so beautiful..We just got back from POFQ on Thursday and had a magical time. Thank you for reminding me of why I keep going back. Have a great day and see you soon in the Happiest place on Earth!
Awww...thank you so much! That's so sweet!!!

I'm glad ya'll had a great time! Are you going to do a TR? I'd love to read all about it!

I hope you have a great day too!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #53
wakica
DIS Veteran

ooooohhh! Your DHS day looks like it was so good. I can't wait to see what she wanted to do next!! Was it Star Tours??? I dunno. LOL
Sorry about the awful stinky restaraunt That's crumby - did it finally air out?? Or was the culprit still IN the restaraunt sitting in the thing for it to smell up the whole place and linger for so long??? LOL ew!!

Me dh dd(16)
Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #54
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
ooooohhh! Your DHS day looks like it was so good. I can't wait to see what she wanted to do next!! Was it Star Tours??? I dunno. LOL
Sorry about the awful stinky restaraunt That's crumby - did it finally air out?? Or was the culprit still IN the restaraunt sitting in the thing for it to smell up the whole place and linger for so long??? LOL ew!!
Nope...It never aired out. I seriously do not know where it was coming from. It was gross though!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #55
smellyia
Mouseketeer

I love using the internet to assist in attention diversion...I mean rest

Most people talk about sprinting to TSM so I rarely see anyone say they just WALK and get to ride standby quickly which is refreshing since that will be our lot...WHat was your RD time that day? Looks awfully early.

I love the pic of your DD trying to see in the restaurant...LET ME IN!
Beach Club/Royal Pacific USO May/June 2012
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014
Old 04-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #56
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyia View Post
I love using the internet to assist in attention diversion...I mean rest

Most people talk about sprinting to TSM so I rarely see anyone say they just WALK and get to ride standby quickly which is refreshing since that will be our lot...WHat was your RD time that day? Looks awfully early.

I love the pic of your DD trying to see in the restaurant...LET ME IN!
LOL...Me too!!! It's my favorite thing during "break" time LOL.

Yep, you can totally walk there and get there quickly. RD was at 8 am that morning. We got to HS early, because I had heard they had been opening up earlier than stated sometimes. So I think it was around 7:15 or 7:30 when we got there. Apparently everyone else had heard about them opening early too, because it as covered up with people! They didn't open it until right at 8 though.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #57
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

After breakfast, we headed back out into the park. We told Emma we would go whever she wanted to. She just wanted to start walking and see what we could find. We took off toward the Sorcerer's Hat, and over through Animation Courtyard.

Any guesses as to where we are?

YEP! You got it!

Disney Jr. Live on Stage!

We just loved this show last year, and Emma was so excited to be seeing it again!

She snuggled in to watch for a bit

But had to do some dancing when Minnie and Mickey came out! It was time for the Hot Dog Dance!!

Emma collected as many gold dubloons (did I spell that right?) as she could, and we moseyed on our way out.

I was really wanting to do Little Mermaid next, but Emma wasn't feeling it. She was ready to go see The Muppets!!!

After Muppets, we walked through the Streets of America and took some pictures.

We found a little outdoor shop on one of the streets, and Emma was eager to buy something. Meet our new addition!

And Emma insisted upon a brief photo shoot:

It was time to head over to the Backlot Tour. We got in line, but Emma wasn't really feeling it either. She was ready to do something else. Something that I was really surprised at. She wanted to ride Star Tours! I absolutely love that ride, and didn't get to do it last trip because it was being refurbed into what it is now.

We willingly hopped out of line at the Backlot Tour and started toward Star Tours.

The wait time was not bad at all. Emma loved the queue for this ride too. She thought he talking robots were hilarious! She started to get a little nervous after she strapped herself in, but I reminded her that it was all just on a screen, and she settled down.

When it was over, and we had been told "Thank you for flying Star Tours, Buh-Bye!" we hopped off and Emma skipped through the exit. She LOVED it!!! When we exited, we noticed that Jedi Traning was in full swing, so we opted to get a snack and have a seat nearby to watch a little bit of the action.

Emma and I both got chocolate covered frozen bananas (Our favorite snack in the whole World!) and a coke to share. DH didn't really want anything much, so he sat with us and ate some of our bananas. He finishes what Emma and I don't.

We finsihed our snacks and decided it was time to head back to the room. I think we were all exhausted from getting up so early the day before, and staying up kind of late.

So, I think it was about 1:00 or so, and we were heading back to our resort.

When we got back, we filled up our mugs, and headed toward our room. Believe it or not, we actually got out of our clothes, put our pajamas back on, and laid down for a quick nap. We had to have some rest, we were all zonked!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #58
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Disney Jr. Live! I love that show! And we missed it this year. We got so busy and trying to keep up with things, I just never made it over to the show. Sigh.

So glad she loved ST! It's one of my favorites! And I love the chocolate covered bananas, too! I think I more more of mine than I ate ...

PJs? At 1:00?? WOW! I usually just plop down in whatever I'm wearing, and if I'm lucky, kick my shoes off.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #59
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

fantastic updates!! Your daughter is sooo precious!! xo
Old 04-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #60
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

I'm in! Great updates so far; you have a beautiful family!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: