Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #31
wendy3
Mouseketeer

I'm in!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #32
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyia View Post
I'm a Nashville Airport too! Actually, that reads funny - I'll just say Nashvillian. Except we'll be roading it down there this time. Your DD is absolutely precious. I love her Minnie ears. Your reveal story had me choked up. What a fantastic memory for your family!

Your meal at Kouzzina has me rethinking some ADRs for next month. The foo looked delish.

I look forward to your update!
Thank you! She's my little sweetie pie. I think I might embarrass her just a little when I cover her in kisses when I drop her off for school.

Do you live in Nashville? If you do, then we REALLY aren't far from each other. I live in Franklin, KY. We are right on the Tennessee line, and only about 30-45 minutes from Nashville.

The food at Kouzzina is really really good. It was our favorite last year, and it was still our favorite non-Signature meal this year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy3 View Post
I'm in!
HI! Thanks for joining in! Got any more popcorn? I'm hungry.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #34
FairyGodmothers Sis
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far! Adorable family! Your surprise was awesome! Congrats on waiting to tell her! I can only imagine how hard that had to have been! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #35
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Hey! I'm in Nashville too!
I just caught up on your tr - your DD is such a cutie! I love that you were watching her more than the performer. I'm sure the look on her face was better than anything the performer did!
Can't wait for more!

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #36
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

I guess I should finish up Day 1, shouldn't I?

After we, well, they watched the performer, and I watched them, we boarded a boat at the Boardwalk and headed to Epcot for the evening.

It was so nice to be walking through the International Gateway again! I really love this park, and am amazed at it's beauty each and every time I am there. Disney really does a great job with the International Showcase. I could spend SO much time there. I usually don't, because I'm afraid that it bores Emma to death, but I found out something interesting this year. She really likes it too! Honestly, she actually asked to go back to Epcot on the last day we were there. I was SHOCKED. That update will come later though, so you'll have to stay tuned to see what we actually do.

Anywho...we strolled along through the UK and just sauntered along on our way to Future World. It was time to hit up some rides! The first one Emma wanted to do was Spaceship Earth. She loves this ride! She is always wide-eyed and looks so enthralled in it throughout the whole ride. It's always "Look Mommy! It's the Egyptians!" or "Look Mommy! Isn't that cool???" It amazes me that a ride all about our history and such could be so interesting to a 6 year old. I can remember riding this ride when I was about 10 or 11 and thinking that it was the most BORING ride ever. Just being with her when she rides it is enough to make it not boring for me now though. I love it!

When we got off Spaceship Earth, we followed Emma's directions. We rode it again!

After our two goes on Spaceship Earth, we were trying to decide what to do next. Emma decided on Test Track. We didn't get to do this ride on our last trip, so I was so excited to finally get to ride it. I had never gotten to before! DH had ridden it SEVERAL times, and had always talked about how great it was. You see, he went to Disney World back in the fall of 1999. I didn't get to go on this trip though. DH went with PGA golfer, Kenny Perry to a golf tournament that was being held at Disney World. (I believe it was played on the Magnolia.) They went to dinner at Wolfgang Pucks: The Dining Room one night, and then went to Epcot. They would ride Test Track, get off and then get right back on. I honestly don't think they did anything else there. Test Track had just opened, so it was a big draw to them. They had a blast! As I recall, I think they did the same think in HS on the Rockin' Rollercoaster. RRC wasn't open yet, but I do believe they got to ride it. ALOT. It was getting close to opening, so they were letting the PGA guys and their guests ride it. He had a great time.

WOW...How off track was I? "Now back to your regulary scheduled Trip Report."

We headed toward Test Track. The wait to ride wasn't bad at all. All in all, I think we only waited about 20 minutes to ride. Emma really liked it until we got to the really fast part at the end. She started to squeal a little and started to cry some. Then, suddenly, she realized that it was fun! She started to yell, and even laughed some! As soon as we got off, she wanted to ride it again! By this time though it was getting late and we were all really tired. Mommy made the executive decision that we should head back to the room, because tomorrow was going to be a busy day! We had plans for rope drop at HS the next morning!

We schlepped back to the room by way of the buses. There were people EVERYWHERE. There was a huge tour group that was yelling and making a lot of noise. We were so relieved when they kept walking past the bus stop to POFQ. I was so afraid they would get on our bus!

We got back to the room, took our baths and showers and hit the hay. At this point, I'm thinking it was after midnight, or really close to it anyway. Emma was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, and Daddy set up our wake up call for 5:45 the next morning. DOUBLE !

Would we make it???

Stay tuned to find out!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #37
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmothers Sis View Post
Great trip report so far! Adorable family! Your surprise was awesome! Congrats on waiting to tell her! I can only imagine how hard that had to have been! Can't wait to hear more!

and Thank you! Not telling her about the trip was SO hard. Right now we're trying to decide if we're going to keep our next trip a secret or not. I can't decide! Hopefully I'll get going on a PTR soon, and all you guys can help me decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
I just caught up on your tr - your DD is such a cutie! I love that you were watching her more than the performer. I'm sure the look on her face was better than anything the performer did!
Can't wait for more!
HI NEIGHBOR!!!

The looks on her face throughout our trip were priceless. I loved every minute of it! Thanks for reading along! I'm glad to have you here!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #38
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

So glad y'all had a great first day! And that Emma ended up really liking Test Track! I hate that it's going to be down for refurb while we are there, but one less ing we have to worry about baby swapping on

I'm a native Nashvillian myself! My whole family is still there, so we truck it up I-40 a lot of weekends. Especially during football season, since we have Titans season tickets !

Can't wait for Day 2!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm a Nashville Airport too! Actually, that reads funny - I'll just say Nashvillian. Except we'll be roading it down there this time. Your DD is absolutely precious. I love her Minnie ears. Your reveal story had me choked up. What a fantastic memory for your family!

Your meal at Kouzzina has me rethinking some ADRs for next month. The foo looked delish.

I look forward to your update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonginad View Post
Thank you! She's my little sweetie pie. I think I might embarrass her just a little when I cover her in kisses when I drop her off for school.

Do you live in Nashville? If you do, then we REALLY aren't far from each other. I live in Franklin, KY. We are right on the Tennessee line, and only about 30-45 minutes from Nashville.

The food at Kouzzina is really really good. It was our favorite last year, and it was still our favorite non-Signature meal this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
Can't wait for more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
So glad y'all had a great first day! And that Emma ended up really liking Test Track! I hate that it's going to be down for refurb while we are there, but one less ing we have to worry about baby swapping on

I'm a native Nashvillian myself! My whole family is still there, so we truck it up I-40 a lot of weekends. Especially during football season, since we have Titans season tickets !

Can't wait for Day 2!
I'm in! Loving your TR so far. The beginning of your day one sounds like the beginning ours! We had to wake our kiddos up and tell them they were not going to school that day too. It is such a great feeling to pull off the surprise, however I will never try it again. It was just too hard to keep my mouth shut!

It's official, Kouzzina's is going on our must do list for next time. Between your pictures and reviews and Lidian's I MUST try this deliciousness!

I am thinking Nashvillians must unite!!! I live just 30 miles east of Nash-Vegas in Lebanon, TN. There are so many of us. Maybe we could work out a mini Dis-meet at the Opry Mills Disney Store in the next month or so. What do you all think?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #40
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I'm in! Loving your TR so far. The beginning of your day one sounds like the beginning ours! We had to wake our kiddos up and tell them they were not going to school that day too. It is such a great feeling to pull off the surprise, however I will never try it again. It was just too hard to keep my mouth shut!

It's official, Kouzzina's is going on our must do list for next time. Between your pictures and reviews and Lidian's I MUST try this deliciousness!

I am thinking Nashvillians must unite!!! I live just 30 miles east of Nash-Vegas in Lebanon, TN. There are so many of us. Maybe we could work out a mini Dis-meet at the Opry Mills Disney Store in the next month or so. What do you all think?
I think that's a great idea!!! I had forgotten that Opry Mills had opened back up!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #41
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I'm too far from Nashville to make a feasible DIS-meet. Let me know if you plan any Knoxville DIS-meets.

And Oopsi, I totally vote for Kouzzina!

Loved the update, and totally adored the picture of DH holding your DD! How precious!

And getting less than 6 hours of sleep at WDW .... I'm saying you hit the snooze button.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #42
smellyia
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I think her embarassment is just another reason for one last kiss! She has one of those sweet faces that just begs for cheek nuzzles.

I am IN Nashville....West Nashville actually. You're like a skip and hop away - we have a few offices up your way in KY at the cardiology practice I work for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Quote:
I think that's a great idea!!! I had forgotten that Opry Mills had opened back up!
As above - I'm in Nashville and have a few friends in Lebanon...I am SOOOOOO excited the Disney store opened back up It's been rough here without one close....even better that it's an outlet (I think - the one before was) I'm actually going there to check it out tommorrow - wanted to wait until the horde died down some.

A meet up would be a blast!
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014
Grand Floridian January 2015
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #43
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think her embarassment is just another reason for one last kiss! She has one of those sweet faces that just begs for cheek nuzzles.

I am IN Nashville....West Nashville actually. You're like a skip and hop away - we have a few offices up your way in KY at the cardiology practice I work for.

As above - I'm in Nashville and have a few friends in Lebanon...I am SOOOOOO excited the Disney store opened back up It's been rough here without one close....even better that it's an outlet (I think - the one before was) I'm actually going there to check it out tommorrow - wanted to wait until the horde died down some.

A meet up would be a blast!

How cool! We are SO close to each other! A meet up is going to HAVE to happen!!

You'll have to let me know how the Disney Store is. I haven't gotten to go into one of those in FOREVER with that one being closed. I'm itching to get back in there!

I hear that it has been REALLY busy over at Opry Mills. I bet you couldn't stir all those people with a stick!
Old 04-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #44
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

I'm taking a break from my massive "Let's Deep Clean the House While I'm Home Alone" expedition to bring you this...

Day 2...(morning)

Bright and early the next morning, we got our wake up call. After Stitch yelled at us to get up, DH and I reluctantly obeyed and began our morning rituals.

He got ready first, and began to gently coax the princess awake while I continued in my massive overhaul to make myself look presentable. Emma finally got up and was all smiles as she usually is in the mornings. I seriously wonder sometimes whose kid she really is. DH and I are NOT morning people at all. It is a known rule at work that no one should talk to me until I've had a cup of coffee and a chance to settle in for the day.

Anywho...she hops up and her Daddy helps her to get ready while I'm still making like Fran Drescher in The Nanny, and powdering, poufing, curling, spritzing and well...you get the idea.

Daddy goes down to fill our mugs with something to drink, and I finish getting ready for the day. I put on my shorts and my lovely royal blue top. My beloved UK Wildcats were playing our nemesis, Lousivlle, that day in the NCAA Tournament, and well...I had to be festive. So, blue donned, and lipstick on, we headed out the door. (Well...I had on lipstick. Not DD or DH. LOL)

Early in the morning, the resort really was peaceful. Everything was still, and beautiful. Just check out this view from our room:

and this one

Yep...it was early...the lights were still on! No matter, though, we made our way over to the bus stop and didn't have to wait long for a bus. We made our way over to Hollywood Studios, and took some pictures:

We were one happy family to be up so darn early!

In no time flat, we arrived at HS and made our way up to the turnstyles. They were having morning EMH's this morning, and the crowds showed it. We were there a good 45 minutes before the park opened, and we were no where near the front of the lines. But, we made the best of it, and waited in line while talking to some other families around us. It's amazing how happy everyone is at the crack of dawn in Disney World.

Before long, they were letting everyone in. I had to laugh a little when people started sprinting toward their destinations only to be stopped by CM's telling them no running was allowed. We just smiled and took our time walking to TSM. We hopped in line and said hello to Mr. Potato Head, who looks somewhat possessed in this picture:

We didnt have to wait long though, only about 5 minutes, then it was time to ride! We had a blast, and hopped off, and went right back in line. There still wasn't really a wait, so we rode again the grabbed fast passes for after breakfast.

Emma had seen some characters out and about around the Sorcerer's Hat when we came in, so we headed in that direction to say good morning to Daisy and Donald!

Good morning you two! My, don't you look spiffy in your duds!

Emma got some hugs,

some autographs, and a lovely picture

Then we all decided to go on and head toward breakfast. Now we had kept alot of what we were doing a secret from Emma and planned on surprising her with something on everyday of our trip. This morning, her surprise was this:

We were eating with some of our Disney Jr. pals!!!

We were quite a bit early for our reservation, but they still checked us in and we sat on the benches wating to be called. Emma was so excited!

"Mommy! Daddy! I see OSO!!!"

We were called in very quickly, and ushered to our table. We sat down and settled in, and DH leaned in toward me. "Do you smell that? It smells like dirty diapers in here. WHAT IS THAT?" YUCK!!! It smelled TERRIBLE! We didn't say anything when the waitress came by to get our drink order, and then headed up toward the buffet. That's when we realized that it wasn't just at our table. The whole place smelled like it! WOW...someone must've have had a BAD dirty diaper. It was awful!

We didn't let it bother us though. We were determined to have a great time!

The food was your standard breakfast fare, and we filled our plates and headed back to our table. The service here was pathetic. I'm not sure what the issue was, but it took forever for us to get our drinks. No matter though. We had characters to meet!

and

Even though we had dreadful service (never got refills, and she never came back after she brought our drinks either,) we had a great time there. The singing and dancing was great and the characters were just precious. Jake and OSO came back by our table two more times before we left and OSO kissed Emma as he walked by and Jake would high five her. It was cute.

When we finally got our check, we settled up, and headed back out.

What would we do next? Is it show time somewhere, or is it ride time??? Emma's choice! Wonder what she would pick? Any takers???
Old 04-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #45
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Okay, I head to read that one line about the blue a few times .. because I thought you were saying you donned blue lipstick. Go team?

Anyway ... yikes at encountering a crowd before the gates opened. That's never fun ... but glad you were able to make do and make new friends!

That's awesome that you got to ride TSM twice in a row! We've never been through the regular line.

Sorry that you had a bad server and a yucky smell at H&V. We had just dined there on the 7th and had a great experience, and no offending odors! Perhaps there was an irresponsible parent who refused to interrupt their meal to change a diaper. And you definitely didn't get the server we had .. she was great! She wasn't the most on top of refills, but she did check back and kept an eye on DD for the chef and made herself available for us to flag down. I'm glad your DD got a great experience with the characters though!

Anxious to see what you do next! I'm thinking you went to see ... hmm... I really don't know what's open for EMH. So I'll just guess as if all attractions are open.

I'm thinking she'll ask for Little Mermaid.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: