Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

When we last left off, we had headed back to the resort for a short rest before our first ADR of the vacation. We were going to our favorite restaurant from our last vacation, Kouzzina!!! We decided to hop a boat to Downtown Disney, then get on a bus to BC/YC/Boardwalk/Swan/Dophin. THIS WAS A MISTAKE. I never knew that the buses from Downtown took so long! And it was driver change time too! Then the bus that said it was going to BC/YC/Boardwalk etc. decided to make a detour. It went to the other side of DD first, which was understandable, but then it headed to the water parks! WHAT???!!!??? We were cutting it close on time by then, and I started to freak out just a bit.

The first resort it stopped at was Swan/Dolphin. We got off the bus there, and decided to hoof it to our destination. We were cutting it REAL close to being late for our ADR, but thanks to Prince Charming's running skills, we got there just in time! Well, HE got there just in time. LOL. He got there and checked us in, and Emma and I got there not long after.

I was so excited when I saw this:

YIPPEE!!!

We were seated within about 10 minutes, and had a wonderful little booth in the corner. We had a good view of the open kitchen, and were SO ready to get this dinner going!

Our view of the kitchen:

Now for the food!

This was where we had our first taste of Deluxe Dining!!! Appetizers were first.

Prince Charming ordered the calamari

Crisp Calamari and Lemon-Coated in three Flours, with Tomato and Onion Saltsa

The calamari was, in one word, DELICIOUS! It was tender, and flavorful. The lemon gave it just the right taste.

I had the Goat Cheese Sto Fourno - Baked goat cheese, paquillo peppers, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and Greek olive oil

YUM-O. This stuff was good! I like different food, and different types of cheeses, so this was right up my alley. I totally recommend it! It had an arugula salad with it that was really good too. The best bites had the goat cheese, salad and everything on one of the little toasts they had on the plate.

Emma got the mixed greens salad for her appetizer, but didn't eat it. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of it either. You're not missing much though. It was just a plain mixed greens salad with ranch dressing on it.

Moving on to the entrees!

Prince Charming got the Wood-Grilled Ribeye Steak with Fresh Herb Saltza, Seasonal Vegetables and Kouzzina Potatoes.

It was really good. The steak was very flavorful and tender, and the potatoes were really good too.

I got the Cinnamon-Stewed Chicken with Tomatoes, Over Herbed Orzo Pasta, Topped with Greek Cheese. I had been dreaming of this dish ever since last year. Last year, I ordered the Kouzzina Trio, and the Cinnamon-Stewed Chicken was my favorite out of all three of them. It didn't disappoint this time either. It was DIVINE! Makes me drool just thinking about it.

And what did Emma get? In true kid fashion, she ordered a hot dog. LOL. Her hot dog came with sweet potatoe fries, and as you can see, she was quite happy with it.

Now the desserts were awesome too. I wish I could find my pictures of them, but I think they are on Prince Charming's phone instead of mine. I'll have to get all of his pictures uploaded to photobucket and post them soon.

Prince Charming had the Loukomades - Freshly made Greek Doughnuts with warm Honey and Cinnamon. He loved them and devoured every last one of them.

I ordered the Greek Yogurt Sampler which was also very good. The yogurt was creamy and went so well paired with the spoon sweets that came with the dessert. The honey was especially good. I wish I had some right now!

I'm pretty sure that Emma got a Make-Your-Own Ice Cream Sundae, and those are always good. She loves them!

Prince Charming and I had ordered water for our drinks, so when dessert came around, we used our drink entitlements to get a pressed pot of coffee. OH MY GOSH. That was absolutely the BEST coffee I had ever had. We sat around and talked and enjoyed our coffee for quite some time before we headed out.

I promise I'll get pictures of the desserts up soon! =)
Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #17
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

great update! xo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
wakica
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm!! the food looks SO GREAT I only have to wait 10 more days to get my hands on some lovely delish Disney food!!! I can do it right??

Me dh dd(16)
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Just 6 weeks until I can eat some of that deliciousness! So glad that it was so yummy for y'all. And so glad that I didn't miss out on anything with all the DisBoard craziness over the past weekend!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

Joining in! How amazing of you to surprise your daughter like that! She will always remember the day she got to go to WDW instead of school! I can't wait to do that with my little prince one day.

We're staying at POFQ this October, so I'm glad to read a TR of someone who stayed there! I am looking forward to the boat that goes to DTD - that is a big draw for my DH, who enjoys DTD. We will probably try Earl of Sandwich this trip. The sandwich looks yummy!

Looking forward to more!

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Blair | Dave | Miles 8/13/11 | Ozzy
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
great update! xo

Thank you!! I hope to do another update tonight too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Mmmmm!! the food looks SO GREAT I only have to wait 10 more days to get my hands on some lovely delish Disney food!!! I can do it right??
OH MY, IT WAS!!! I so wish I had some right now! Do you think you might have some room in your luggage for me to just hop in and go with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Just 6 weeks until I can eat some of that deliciousness! So glad that it was so yummy for y'all. And so glad that I didn't miss out on anything with all the DisBoard craziness over the past weekend!
Yes, it has definitely been crazy! I hope they get it all fixed soon. Not having the search option is sort of crippling sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
Joining in! How amazing of you to surprise your daughter like that! She will always remember the day she got to go to WDW instead of school! I can't wait to do that with my little prince one day.

We're staying at POFQ this October, so I'm glad to read a TR of someone who stayed there! I am looking forward to the boat that goes to DTD - that is a big draw for my DH, who enjoys DTD. We will probably try Earl of Sandwich this trip. The sandwich looks yummy!

Looking forward to more!
You guys are going to LOVE POFQ. It is totally awesome. We really like the size of the resort, and the boat to DTD is really nice. We like the quiet, laid back ambiance of it. It's definitely our favorite. I don't have any other resorts to compare it to yet, but that may change on our next trip! We still have a long time until the next trip, but a new PTR might start up soon. Not having a ticker is driving me mad!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

Off to a great start!
My mouth actually watered while reading your descriptions and seeing the pics!!
Can't wait for more!
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Old 04-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
mommytominnie
Mouseketeer

I'm in!!! Your family is adorable and I can not wait to read about your adventures. I hope to turn my Grumpy into a disney loving fool as well. We have only been once and are going again in August so I think we are on the right track

Looking forward to your updates!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Mother of Two View Post
Off to a great start!
My mouth actually watered while reading your descriptions and seeing the pics!!
Can't wait for more!
I know! It makes mine water too! I need to get on the ball and post again tonight. I'm just hoping to power through my day right now though. I've not been feeling well the last couple of days, and it's really starting to take a toll on me. Me need a nap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytominnie View Post
I'm in!!! Your family is adorable and I can not wait to read about your adventures. I hope to turn my Grumpy into a disney loving fool as well. We have only been once and are going again in August so I think we are on the right track

Looking forward to your updates!
Awwww...thank you for the sweet remarks!

How exciting! I wish I were going again in August!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #25
tink65
Earning My Ears

Just got up to date on your trip report and love it. I love the food pictures from dinners and the descriptions. Looks & sounds amazing. We've never eaten there but you make it awfully tempting!

I am a full time banker too and boy is it a hard job right now!

Well, can't wait for the updates that will be coming. Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonginad View Post
YAY! So glad you're here!!!

A little off subject, is the DIS acting quirky for you? For some reason, a post you made in another TR is showing up in the place of this one. The only way I could really read what you had written was by quoting it.

Weird, huh?
UGH! It didn't sub me to your thread when I posted like it was supposed to.

Yes, the DIS has been super wonky and showing up random posts in place of what was actually posted. It's weird that it was showing up odd like that for you ... I thought it was just on my end.

Anyway ... loved your Kouzzina update! I enjoyed the Ribeye as well ... however, I wasn't a fan of the potatoes. They were too dry for my liking, and needed some butter or something to soak in. They weren't bad, by any stretch, just not to my tastes.

I had considered the chicken, perhaps it is what I'll have next time!

They didn't have Greek Yogurt on the menu the night we dined.

Your dinners looked amazing! Did your DH enjoy the broccoli-stuff as much as I did? I could have eaten a whole plate of it as my only dish item and been in heaven.

Anxious to see pics of the desserts! (I had the Loukomadres in 2010 and they were great!)

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #27
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink65 View Post
Just got up to date on your trip report and love it. I love the food pictures from dinners and the descriptions. Looks & sounds amazing. We've never eaten there but you make it awfully tempting!

I am a full time banker too and boy is it a hard job right now!

Well, can't wait for the updates that will be coming. Thanks so much for sharing!
Welcome over to the dark side...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just kidding!

HI! I am glad you are here!

Yes, the banker job is a bit of a tough one right now. I'm exhausted EVERY DAY when I get home. I don't think I've been up past 9 pm once in the last two weeks. I'm getting close to it now though. I might make it tonight. LOL It can definitely get stressful at times in the banking industry. That's fo' sho'!

I'm glad you're enjoying the TR so far. I am having a lot of fun doing it.

You should think about trying Kouzzina sometime. It is really really good. Still one of our favorites. We will definitely keep going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
UGH! It didn't sub me to your thread when I posted like it was supposed to.

Yes, the DIS has been super wonky and showing up random posts in place of what was actually posted. It's weird that it was showing up odd like that for you ... I thought it was just on my end.

Anyway ... loved your Kouzzina update! I enjoyed the Ribeye as well ... however, I wasn't a fan of the potatoes. They were too dry for my liking, and needed some butter or something to soak in. They weren't bad, by any stretch, just not to my tastes.

I had considered the chicken, perhaps it is what I'll have next time!

They didn't have Greek Yogurt on the menu the night we dined.

Your dinners looked amazing! Did your DH enjoy the broccoli-stuff as much as I did? I could have eaten a whole plate of it as my only dish item and been in heaven.

Anxious to see pics of the desserts! (I had the Loukomadres in 2010 and they were great!)
Yes, he LOVED that broccoli stuff. It looked really good, but I didn't get a taste of it. I was too busy scarfing down my precious Cinnamon-Stewed Chicken.

I've GOT to get the other pictures off of DH's phone. The yogurt dish was TOO DIE FOR good. I LOVED IT!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Alright...moving right along. Just before we left Kouzzina, Emma wanted her picture taken. And this is what I got:

Our daughter is such a ham. LOL

And another picture that I took before we left:

Yep. I should TOTALLY be a photographer. As I go back through my pictures, some of them are totally random. So that might amp up the entertainment factor of this trip report.

OK...moving on again...LOL

When we left the restaurant we stopped to look around and watch some of the performers. I didn't watch much of the show. I was too busy watching this

I love that picture. I just stood there and watched them the whole time while they watched the performer. I am shocked that I didn't cry, but all I could do was smile.

As the performer finished his show, we started making our way to the boat dock. We were heading to Epcot for the rest of the evening because they were having EMH's that night from 9 until midnight.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #29
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Sorry for such a short post, but Photobucket is being REALLY slow when I upload new pictures to it. I am going to try to do another post tonight, but it might be tomorrow night before I can. Hope everyone's having a good night!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #30
smellyia
Mouseketeer

I'm a Nashville Airport too! Actually, that reads funny - I'll just say Nashvillian. Except we'll be roading it down there this time. Your DD is absolutely precious. I love her Minnie ears. Your reveal story had me choked up. What a fantastic memory for your family!

Your meal at Kouzzina has me rethinking some ADRs for next month. The foo looked delish.

I look forward to your update!
Beach Club/Royal Pacific USO May/June 2012
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: