Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
figment3258
DIS Veteran

Quick sevice dining plan worth it?

Hi all
I was wondering for those who have paid out of pocket for the quick service dining plan if You think you got your money's worth out of it? Thanks!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #2
mercydisney
Is it on sale?

I purchased it for my upcoming trip. I have gotten mixed messages on savings. The main reason I am getting it this trip is because I have 2 teenage girls who like to go on their own. This way when they "need" to eat I do not have to worry how much they are spending on their Magic Bands.
mercydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment3258 View Post
Hi all
I was wondering for those who have paid out of pocket for the quick service dining plan if You think you got your money's worth out of it? Thanks!
We have paid for it OOP and I no longer think it is worth it at the current price with the current entitlements. Each QS meal includes dessert and I don't particularly like most of the QS dessert options - I'd rather have another snack credit than have those pre-made cakes. The times when we have used it, I felt like we just broke even on the stuff we ordered and had we paid OOP for the meals, we would have come out cheaper since we wouldn't have ordered dessert with the QS meals. At $42/adult/day for QSDP, I know I can eat for much less OOP.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

We have lucked out with Free Dining our last few trips, but if we had to purchase it, I would not. With only getting one snack a day now with the plan and that we normally would not eat a dessert with each meal, we could do a lot better on our own.

Our first few trips we paid OOP and we shared meals, ordered kids meals etc...and if we never got Free Dining again, I'd go back to that.

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
TravelMommy
Mouseketeer

We used it when 2 snacks were included

and I felt then it was a good deal. We have not used it since they changed to the 1 snack and the QS dessert options are horrible. Also, since we sometimes split meals always drink water and get snacks later, QS Dining Plan doesn't really work for us. I have to say we have been purchasing Disney Gift cards the past few years to take with us to cover most of our dining and that has been working great!
TravelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

We debated getting it this trip. We have 2 teenage boys that like to go off on their own and we figured that the QS plan would give them some more freedom but when we looked at the prices we just couldn't justify it.

I figured out 2 days of eating out of pocket and compared it to the qs plan price per day. For the way we eat I figured the boys could get breakfast at the resort and 2 QS meals at the parks and 1 dessert for about 43.00 per day. Paying 41.99 for 2 meals and then 1 OOP anyway doesn't make sense for us. I know some people have it figured out how to get the best value for the plan but we just don't eat that way.

We have decided to give the boys $45 gift cards for each day we are there. Anything over that they can pay for themselves with their spending cash.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment3258 View Post
Hi all
No, we would never spend that much oop, would never get their 'cheap' desserts, nor do we like to drink soda with our meals, prefer water.

Definitely not near worth the $$'s for us.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #8
rhiansmom
DIS Veteran

I'm going for 11 nights and did a split stay... 5 nights with regular dining and 6 nights without.

I did the math and the regular dining plan we will come out just ahead but with the QS we wouldn't break even so just going to pay OOP. We are doing a lot of character meals so between those and the mugs we will be about $150 ahead.
Our Disney TripsAugust 2014 - Taking the friend back to POP, October 2012 - Checking out AoA - Can you believe it's been 2 years??, September 2010 - Disneyland, August 2010 - DD says lets do POP again.. this time can we bring a friend??, June 2010 - offsite and never again!, November 2009 - DD's 10th Birthday at POP, July 2009 - All Star Sports, October 2008 Disneyland - DLR, April 2008 -POP Again, September 2006 Girls Trip to POP!, October 2005 - POP, May 2005 - SOG, Feb 2004 - CR, July 2000 - Disneyland Paris
rhiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:37 AM   #9
mercydisney
Is it on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomme View Post
We debated getting it this trip. We have 2 teenage boys that like to go off on their own and we figured that the QS plan would give them some more freedom but when we looked at the prices we just couldn't justify it.

I figured out 2 days of eating out of pocket and compared it to the qs plan price per day. For the way we eat I figured the boys could get breakfast at the resort and 2 QS meals at the parks and 1 dessert for about 43.00 per day. Paying 41.99 for 2 meals and then 1 OOP anyway doesn't make sense for us. I know some people have it figured out how to get the best value for the plan but we just don't eat that way.

We have decided to give the boys $45 gift cards for each day we are there. Anything over that they can pay for themselves with their spending cash.
This is a great idea! I wish I would of waited to purchase the QS. I will do this next time we go.
mercydisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: