Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #466
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

hahaha I love the idea of Sarah getting "Frump Jr." ears! That is so adorable!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #467
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
hahaha I love the idea of Sarah getting "Frump Jr." ears! That is so adorable!
She really wants to! She's so precious.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #468
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Mickey rice krispies <3 <3

I love the video of Nat meeting Buzz and Woody. Disney magic right there!

I love Mulch, Sweat and Sheers. They are so awesome!

Hahaha I love that your new last name was Rodriguez. Kristen Rodriguez. Sounds awesome!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #469
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Mickey rice krispies <3 <3

I love the video of Nat meeting Buzz and Woody. Disney magic right there!

I love Mulch, Sweat and Sheers. They are so awesome!

Hahaha I love that your new last name was Rodriguez. Kristen Rodriguez. Sounds awesome!
YUM!

Absolutely! It was so precious.

Me too! They're great!

Works for me!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #470
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Cool! I just found this report as well! Can't wait to read about your adventures with Jess, Nat, and the family.

I'm totally reading this out of order, but I just read the update where Jess and Nat surprised you - how incredible! And it was fitting that you included MSEP (with its uplifting, cheery music), MM&Y, and Wishes in that same update. What a magical start to the trip.

More evidence that I'm reading this out of order: I didn't even realize that the prince in Snow White had a name. I thought he was simply an unnamed character, like Beast (whose name I once heard is Adam).
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #471
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Cool! I just found this report as well! Can't wait to read about your adventures with Jess, Nat, and the family.

I'm totally reading this out of order, but I just read the update where Jess and Nat surprised you - how incredible! And it was fitting that you included MSEP (with its uplifting, cheery music), MM&Y, and Wishes in that same update. What a magical start to the trip.

More evidence that I'm reading this out of order: I didn't even realize that the prince in Snow White had a name. I thought he was simply an unnamed character, like Beast (whose name I once heard is Adam).
Well Thanks for joining in!

Haha that's okay! It was awesome! A fantastic night with all that MK nighttime entertainment in tow!

I know! I'm pretty sure it's never mentioned in the movie, but maybe only in Grimm's Fairytale. The Beast's name is Adam though! That I do know for a fact.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 07-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #472
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 24- "It's Because I Left These Babies In The Barf Bag."

August 21st, 2011

The next morning the wake-up call came at 6:10. Jess picked up the phone to answer it and fell back to sleep with the phone still in her hand! We didn't wake up until 6:45!!! We panicked, got ready in record time and met my family at the elevator. We all piled into the car and drove off property to go to Mass.

Mass was at Mary, Queen of the Universe Church and is only a few miles from WDW. I highly recommend it if you and your family want to get to church while at WDW! It's a beautiful church and the Mass was just lovely.

After Mass, we drove back onto Disney property. Thank God. I was starting to hyperventilate a little because the signs weren't purple. Phew.

MUCH better.

We got back to CSR and all went over to Cafe Rix for some breakfast.

We got a lovely table outside and enjoyed the view of the lagoon and El Centro while we ate.

Scott had some fruit, some of us had egg and cheese croissants, and Nat and I had chocolate chip muffins. Everything was very good!

After breakfast we headed back to the room to get our stuff together and then we all met up at the bus stop!

We got to Epcot a little after 10 and went straight to the Land for some Soarin' fastpasses!

After that we met up with Mom and Scott at Test Track, but the wait was 70 minutes so we decided on Mission Space: Green Side instead, because it was only a 10 minute wait!

Sarah and Nat were really nervous because neither of them had ever been on it before, but the CM's were really nice and reassuring. Of course, they ended up loving it! It's one of Sarah's all-time favorite rides now!

After the ride, as we were heading out, I realized that I had left my sunglasses in the barf bag of the ride!!!

We went back through the exit and I told a CM what had happened. He sent another CM to get them and asked where we were from. It turned out that he was from the same place we are! He said he had a present for us and returned with Test Track fastpasses for all of us! He even got some for my Mom and Scott too, as they were waiting outside and weren't with us! I got my sunglasses back and we took a picture with him!

We met my parents outside and told them the awesome news! We decided that now was the perfect time to use them!

We got right into line and only waited a few minutes!

This was Mom's first time on Test Track, and because she's not much of a thrill-seeker, she was pretty nervous! So, naturally, we made sure that she knew that you are definitely supposed to dance on this ride!

She thought that it was WAY too fast and she was totally freaked out! She did say that it was really cool, though. Of course, the rest of us thought that it was awesome! I think our ride picture just says it all:

Don't worry! We were only PRETENDING to be sleeping in Disney!!

On the way out of the Test Track dump shop, I noticed a monorail playset up and running! YAY!

Now, you can't tell from the picture, but I actually set my camera down at that point. I walked right out of the store, realized I didn't have it, went back in and was handed it by a CM who had seen it there. I thanked her a million times. I was just losing stuff left and right that day!

We all decided that we were ready for some lunch at that point, but not before a quick browse around Mouse Gear! (as if that's actually possible) We found Mouse ears that we all loved, but that none of us bought. They were good for a photo op though!

Classic Mickey for Sarah, sparkly Minnie headband for Jess, Toy Story for Nat and the UK for me! British pride, y'all!

Now it was time to eat!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #473
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 25- "Fan the School Bread!!!"

August 21st, 2011

We got to Seasons and were overwhelmed by SO many choices and all the WHAM that was going on there. It was fabulous! Eventually, we had all made our selections and used our CS credits.

Jess, Nat and Mom got the Sweet and Sour Chicken and Lo Mein Noodles.

I had the Ginger Mongolian Beef with Lo Mein Noodles and Broccoli.

Scott had the Oak Grilled Fish with seasonal vegetables.

Sarah had the Reuben sandwich, which is pictured below with her S'mores dessert.

For our desserts, Jess and Nat had the Chocolate
Mousse Cake.

Mom had the Cheesecake with Berry Topping.

Scott and I had the Strawberry Shortcake.

Everyone loved their meals! Sarah's sandwich was huge and delicious, and she loved that s'mores thing! She ate it in record time! Scott's fish was outstanding, especially for CS food. Mom loved her chicken and cheesecake. Jess and Nat devoured their food and thought it was great and that dessert was amazing! I LOVED my lo mein and my beloved strawberry shortcake. That stuff is sheer magic. And pretty light for how big it is!

After lunch, we decided that we wanted to meet some characters, so we headed off to the World Showcase!

Snow White was out in Germany, so we got in line to meet her! The two girls in front of us said that they liked my earrings, and we all got to talking about how much we loved Disney. It turns out that they were Cast Members! They were so nice!

Snow White was a tad frumpy, but it was REALLY hot out so I can see how she might be a little off. She was really sweet though!

Once we had met her, we decided that it was FAR too hot to continue around World Showcase to meet characters. Mom and Scott decided that they would stay though! I couldn't believe that they weren't dying of heat, but they said they were fine! The rest of us decided to go back to CSR to swim!

On the way out of World Showcase, we just HAD to stop in Norway to get some School Bread!!! It was so hot and we welcomed the lovely bakery and the air conditioning. We got me a School Bread in a to-go container and pressed on.

We had to stop in the Port of Entry store for some more A/C on our way. It was just so hot! Sarah fanned us all with her paper Duffy until we discovered that they 5-packs of pins make excellent fans! We all sat on the floor of that store and fanned each other and ourselves with the pins. We also had to fan the poor, overheated School Bread!

We wanted to use our Soarin' Fastpasses before we left the park, so we trooped over to the Land. The wonderful, air conditioned Land.

We got in the Fastpass line and enjoyed the wonderfully cool metal walls.

I also decided to enjoy my School Bread while we waited.

I can hear the Hallelujah chorus now...

We all just loved the A/C!

Even Patrick was happy to be out of the heat and telling us all of the important safety information!

This was Nat's first ride on Soarin' and she loved it! She wasn't the only one though...

The School Bread rode with us too! How sneaky us Frumps are.

We all trapsed out of EPCOT with the School Bread in tow and only waited about 5 minutes for a nice, cool bus back to Coronado Springs!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 08-11-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #474
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Your Future World pictures are so pretty! I miss the wonderful Fountain of Nations. I just need to keep telling myself that I’ll be there in 13 days. I am having the biggest Disney withdrawals.

Test Track Fastpasses!

Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons

Fanning School Bread is very important. You never want it to get too overheated!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #475
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Your Future World pictures are so pretty! I miss the wonderful Fountain of Nations. I just need to keep telling myself that I’ll be there in 13 days. I am having the biggest Disney withdrawals.

Test Track Fastpasses!

Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons

Fanning School Bread is very important. You never want it to get too overheated!
Thanks! 13 days is basically NOTHING! You'll be there in no time!

Yeah yeah!

It's the best!

Oh, definitely. I want it to be comfortable too!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #476
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Lawlz. The School bread on Soarin'. How frumpy.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #477
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

First, tweet me, message me, whatever you do and tell me if this is too much, too little or just right, Kristen. (You know what I'm talking about) Timmy es el Perfectionisto!

First off, is it me or are you using a lot of Jess' pictures? I swear I keep on having deja vu and I just wanted to ask. O_o Good to hear you guys went to church, always a good thing. Mickey and Walt don't have almighty power or do they? But it is nice to be in the World than to traverse outside of it. to EPCOT and lucky you getting Soarin' FPs so late! Much more popular than Maelstrom isn't it?

LOL @ all your little "lost item" situations. I guess the heat was getting to you early on. But hey you got FPs and for Test Track! Those CMs really know what ride to give you FPs for. Glad to hear you guys had a good time, but your poor mom. She looks absolutely terrified. I'm pretty sure my mom has had the same face on rides except she gets off, checks her hair and then tries to comfort me while ranting about how awesome the ride was. Yeah, you wish your mom was as cool as my mom lol Love the picture of you guys in your specialty Mickey Ears!

Mmmm, all those selections at Sunshine Seasons look so good! I could totally go for most any of those desserts right now and Sarah's reuben. YUM! Sorry to hear you only had a short WS visit, but hearing how bad the heat is in the summer at Disney, I can see why. Poor Snow White though, you can see how off she was in the pictures... she probably had to powder her nose soon hehe

Oh gosh, this TR does wish to taunt me with Schoolbread, doesn't it? I seriously have got to try it someday. LOL @ your intense fanning though. "FAN THE SCHOOLBREAD!!" And I love the picture of you and Sarah up against the cold metal walls, very funny along with the picture of the light shining down upon you and the Schoolbread. You guys just always get great pictures. to Soarin' (of course), deer-faced Patrick and bringing little ole' Schoolbread along!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #478
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Lawlz. The School bread on Soarin'. How frumpy.
I'm a fart shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
First, tweet me, message me, whatever you do and tell me if this is too much, too little or just right, Kristen. (You know what I'm talking about) Timmy es el Perfectionisto!

First off, is it me or are you using a lot of Jess' pictures? I swear I keep on having deja vu and I just wanted to ask. O_o Good to hear you guys went to church, always a good thing. Mickey and Walt don't have almighty power or do they? But it is nice to be in the World than to traverse outside of it. to EPCOT and lucky you getting Soarin' FPs so late! Much more popular than Maelstrom isn't it?

Timmy this is absolutely...JUST RIGHT.

I am! We didn't take duplicates because we figured we'd just share pictures. Some are mine and some are my Mom's though. I don't think so...we have the big man upstairs to thank for those two! I think just a little bit!

LOL @ all your little "lost item" situations. I guess the heat was getting to you early on. But hey you got FPs and for Test Track! Those CMs really know what ride to give you FPs for. Glad to hear you guys had a good time, but your poor mom. She looks absolutely terrified. I'm pretty sure my mom has had the same face on rides except she gets off, checks her hair and then tries to comfort me while ranting about how awesome the ride was. Yeah, you wish your mom was as cool as my mom lol Love the picture of you guys in your specialty Mickey Ears!

Mmmm, all those selections at Sunshine Seasons look so good! I could totally go for most any of those desserts right now and Sarah's reuben. YUM! Sorry to hear you only had a short WS visit, but hearing how bad the heat is in the summer at Disney, I can see why. Poor Snow White though, you can see how off she was in the pictures... she probably had to powder her nose soon hehe

It must have been, but it definitely paid off! It was awesome! Hahaha I see the roles are opposite then! Yeah she was pretty scared! Haha poor Mother. :P Thanks!

They WERE! Everything was delicious! It was just far too hot to handle. Haha or take a bath in it!

Oh gosh, this TR does wish to taunt me with Schoolbread, doesn't it? I seriously have got to try it someday. LOL @ your intense fanning though. "FAN THE SCHOOLBREAD!!" And I love the picture of you and Sarah up against the cold metal walls, very funny along with the picture of the light shining down upon you and the Schoolbread. You guys just always get great pictures. to Soarin' (of course), deer-faced Patrick and bringing little ole' Schoolbread along!

Can't wait to read more!
And it will continue to do so! You must!! Hahaha well thanks. It's one of the perks of being a Frump. We're just so photogenic...

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #479
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Jess picked up the phone to answer it and fell back to sleep with the phone still in her hand!
What frumpy behavior!!! I know because I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE. Oh man those early wake up calls kill me but once I'm up and out of bed I am rarin' to go!! THERE'S NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!

Ugh, signs that are not purple are just not anything I ever want to see.

hahaha I just love you guys. The dancing on the rides. We would always get on and say "No bad dancing on the rides!! Only GOOD dancing allowed."

I want that monorail playset! I want all of them actually, especially the Magic Kingdom one.

"British pride y'all" you never fail to crack me up, Kristen.

I agree... sometimes things are so wham it's impossible. I still haven't eaten at Sunshine Seasons but it looks SO GOOD. We probably won't on our next trip cause of all the Food & Wine Festival goodness, but someday!

Kristen... brace yourself. I HAVE NEVER HAD SCHOOL BREAD. Jess was like, make sure you tell Kristen about that. So here I am confessing to the Queen of School Bread that I have yet to eat it!!! But in October, DEFINITELY!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #480
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
What frumpy behavior!!! I know because I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE. Oh man those early wake up calls kill me but once I'm up and out of bed I am rarin' to go!! THERE'S NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!

Ugh, signs that are not purple are just not anything I ever want to see.

hahaha I just love you guys. The dancing on the rides. We would always get on and say "No bad dancing on the rides!! Only GOOD dancing allowed."

I want that monorail playset! I want all of them actually, especially the Magic Kingdom one.

Hahaha I know right! Exactly! I've totally done that on multiple occasions.

AMEN. Other signs just aren't worth my time or attention.

We love you too! Haha exactly! None of these ameteurs on the thrillas!

I have the monorail itself! Jess got it for my birthday.

"British pride y'all" you never fail to crack me up, Kristen.

I agree... sometimes things are so wham it's impossible. I still haven't eaten at Sunshine Seasons but it looks SO GOOD. We probably won't on our next trip cause of all the Food & Wine Festival goodness, but someday!

Kristen... brace yourself. I HAVE NEVER HAD SCHOOL BREAD. Jess was like, make sure you tell Kristen about that. So here I am confessing to the Queen of School Bread that I have yet to eat it!!! But in October, DEFINITELY!!!!
Why thank you.

Exactly! It's fabulous so you must on your next next trip! I agree with the Food & Wine thing- focus your NOMSing attention there girl!

WOAH. REALLY!?!?!? Then you MUST MUST MUST try it in October! And you also must report back to me at once with your verdict.

Oh, and you better like it!!!!

Hehe just kidding you don't have to.

MORE FOR ME!!!

Muahahah.

Okay I'm done now.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: