Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #496
jal417
Earning My Ears

We had Mo at Palo too! He was great!!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #497
armandosgirl
Earning My Ears

*subbing*
armandosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #498
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

OK, I'm back, but sans video. I just cannot get youtube OR photobucket to accept them. But when it's all said and done, I'll post the link to the FULL movie, set to music, with photos and videos, of the whole cruise. Deal?

We got up bright and early, after all, it's Castaway Cay day!!!! The best and worst day of a 7 night DCL cruise, as anyone will tell you. Best because it's the best port there is! Worst because it's the last day!

We hurried to get ready and make our way HERE!

We weren't very smart because we WALKED to this spot, instead of hopping the trams that were waiting right off the ship for cabana guests. Oh well....

After a 10 second check in, a golf cart zipped up, scooped us up and off we went!

We're here!!!

C'mon, let's go in and check it out!!!

Ooooh, look who's here! Our butler!!!!

View from our cabana.....

"Our" beach....

The great thing about the cabanas, especially the lower number (we were in #4), is that you are right by the slides, but your beach is basically private.

Looking out from the cabana.

See how empty our beach was??? And all the cabanas were full!

From the beach side...

OK, enough about the cabana. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was I super excited when Jeff gave it to Ally and I as a Christmas present? Yes! Was it worth $500? Nope. At least not to us. I wouldn't do it again unless I was splitting with another family or two. I mean, it was nice, and I was glad when Ally's friend Molly snuck over and they were able to spend the day together. But I felt kind of isolated. And we just didn't hang out in there. What's the point of a beautiful beach if you're going to stay in the cabana?

I did enjoy that I could drop off our things and put items in the safe. And it was nice to get our lunch and eat in the cabana. Calling the butler to bring us a drink? Pretty cool. But again, not $500 cool. And after lunch we lost Ally for the day because she and Molly were off together.....

And as Ally said, "but the chips were free!"

No, Ally, those are $500 potato chips. Enjoy.

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #499
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Yay! Update!!
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #500
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I have to agree about the cabana. We loved having one for the 3/2011 cruise and I was bummed when I was not able to get one for our cruise last June. After we cruised, both Steve and I said that we had a great time just hanging out on the regular beach. I would share one though if I had the opportunity.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #502
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Ya i dont think I would do the cabana unless I had a small baby (thank god thats a no LOL) or split it with a bunch of peeps! Were just in the water too much. It does look cute though! HA Free chips. I love when kids are cute like that. LMAO
Old 03-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #503
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

ahhh, Heaven on Earth! Don't think I'll spring for the $500 chips, either. I'm thinking I'd want to be down in the water anyway. I guess splitting it with another family might make it more okay.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #504
Beth D
DIS Veteran

We had thought about getting one, for about 2 minutes, and decided we'd rather spend the $$ on something else. We ended up doing stingrays with our whole family (including grumpy grandpa) which was fun, and then DH and I did the jetski tour! I highly recommend this!

Love the pics of the empty beach though!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #505
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D
We had thought about getting one, for about 2 minutes, and decided we'd rather spend the $$ on something else. We ended up doing stingrays with our whole family (including grumpy grandpa) which was fun, and then DH and I did the jetski tour! I highly recommend this!

Love the pics of the empty beach though!
Can a 7 year old do he jet ski?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #506
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post

Looking at the Port Adventure on the DCL site it looks like it is for 8+.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #507
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

It is 8. I signed my 7 year old that day and then after we paid they said something about it being for 8 and up and I said, shoot she is 7, but 1 month away from 8 and the lady said well she is 8 for the day then. She had a blast too.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #508
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

It is 8. I signed my 7 year old that day and then after we paid they said something about it being for 8 and up and I said, shoot she is 7, but 1 month away from 8 and the lady said well she is 8 for the day then. She had a blast too.
I wonder if they'll let him then. He will be 3 months shy. I've always been under the impression they were a stickler. We booked on concierge so I'll just ask at the time if anything is open and if they will let him and if not, no big deal.

He would sure love to do the jet ski and parasail though

Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #509
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I wonder if they'll let him then. He will be 3 months shy. I've always been under the impression they were a stickler. We booked on concierge so I'll just ask at the time if anything is open and if they will let him and if not, no big deal.

He would sure love to do the jet ski and parasail though

We signed up right on the beach. That probably would be the best spot to do it. The people onboard actually told us that it was booked and when we asked on the beach they said the CM's onboard always give the wrong info. They said they only list a certain amount as doubles, when actually all the jetskis are doubles. She told us always ask on the island if the desk tells you no.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #510
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm a little (well a lot late) but I'm going to sub anyways because this TR is helping with my Disney Cruise withdrawl.
dramaqueenemj22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: