DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
nitrot150
Earning My Ears

Garden Grocer or Disney's Grocer

SO, the question is which to use. I realize the Green Grocer has WAY more options, but we are thinking of convienence. I am under the impression that the Disney grocer will bring the food items and put them in your room for you (although the order form says they don't deliver til after 5 pm). So you don't have to be in your room to recieve your food. Is this correct?
So, for the Green Grocer, do you have to be in your room to recieve your order or how does it work?

Thanks!

Edited to update Green Grocer to Garden Grocer (correct name)

Last edited by nitrot150; 04-11-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Wrong name on one subject
nitrot150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

I'm not sure I've heard of "green grocer". Are you referring to Garden Grocer? It's all a matter of preference as to which you choose.

The Disney option will cost much more (same rates as the gift shop plus a fee). As I understand it, yes they will put your groceries in your room, and into the fridge/freezer as needed.

Garden grocer has a larger selection than Disney, but is still quite restricted. Prices aren't all that much better than Disney. They will take a charge and leave you items with Bell services who have a fridge to keep the items cold.

Another option is WeGoShop. Their prices are actual store prices, you can order almost anything under the sun and they tack on a service charge. They prefer to deliver to you in your room, but as I understand will also take a charge and leave the items with Bell services.

Of the 3 options above I prefer WeGoShop. From them we can get exactly the items we want in the size we need and even tell them which stores to buy from. I certainly don't feel like I'm overpaying for the service.

Regardless of the service you choose, carefully check over your delivery and call in mistakes or missing items right away. If the company does not make good on the mistake report it to your charge company. I had a bad encounter with one of the above before. No names, it's in the past and they have hopefully learned not to treat their customers the way they did me.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
mouseaider
DIS Veteran

We haven't tried WeGoShop but we have used the Garden Grocer two times now and everything was perfect with both orders, even the beer.

You use their website and enter your order and credit card info. You receive a telephone call the next day confirming your order and they ask if you have any questions.

When you arrive at MCO there will be a text letting waiting for you letting you know your groceries are at the resort waiting for you at Bell Service.

After you check in and arrive in your room, call Bell Service and they will deliver it to you.

Fast, easy and efficient. And we don't think the prices are all that much higher than at home. Look at their site and see for yourself.

Good luck with your decision.
mouseaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
nitrot150
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the insight!
My husband just doesn't want to be tied down to our room when we arrive for our trip.
I am diabetic and have more dietary restrictions and not being able to make spaghetti with meat for example was irking me. If I can convince him, I think the GG is the way to go this time.

nitrot150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
STAYC18
Mouseketeer

does garden grocer sell beer...i couldn't find it...

October 2012 with DH, DS and DSD's all their 1st time...Can't wait hope they like it as much as I do...

STAYC18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

yep they will bring you beer or wine! Just add a note in your comments or give them a call. They will have you fax your drivers license or scan/email it. Garden grocer is great, I have used them many times. A really super guy named Felix will probably bring your stuff. Sometimes I see him if we happen to be in the room when he brings the groceries. I tip when I place the order, which makes things easier as well, if I'm not at the resort when they deliver. I don't think there is an additional charge if you run out of something and you place an additional order while you are at disney. another benefit. the prices are a little high, but it's very convenient.
-mary
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

We always use Garden Grocer because we can order a case of water and beer with our order. I always pre-pay (and incl. a tip) and schedule the delivery for right around the time our plane lands and they will leave it with Bell Services (they will refrigerate anything that needs to be kept cold). Then when we get to our room we call for our Owners Locker and groceries and they bring it all up. Easy peasy and no waiting around for anything other than the 10 min. or so that it takes Bell Services to get to our room!!

(If you want to order beer or alcohol you just add it into the comments section at the end of your order and say specifically what you want - ie 18 pack of Miller Lite cans or whatever. Then they will call you with the price and place the charge separately.)

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
disneyeveryyear
Not fully packed until she gets on the plane and then there’s always Wal-Mart!
Disney Lover!!!! (I think I am addicted to exclamation points!)

I have used WeGoShop repeatedly in the past and will be using them in July (this reminds me to go online and schedule my day). I have had great service from Marge in the past (did she sell the business?).

A couple of years ago my Dd and I were headed dow to the airport hotel late the night before we went to WDW when I realized that I had forgotten my allergy eye drops. I texted her about 11 pm, ahd she called me back immediately. They were included with my order the next day no problem.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
msheriffm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrot150 View Post
SO, the question is which to use. I realize the Green Grocer has WAY more options, but we are thinking of convienence. I am under the impression that the Disney grocer will bring the food items and put them in your room for you (although the order form says they don't deliver til after 5 pm). So you don't have to be in your room to recieve your food. Is this correct?
So, for the Green Grocer, do you have to be in your room to recieve your order or how does it work?

Thanks!

Edited to update Green Grocer to Garden Grocer (correct name)
Where do I find the Disney Grocer?
msheriffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
ELMC
DIS Veteran

This is another reason why we enjoy having a rental car while at Disney. We like to shop at Whole Foods and make it one of the first things we do on arrival day. But I think that we are especially picky about brands and ingredients and such which is probably why we prefer to do it ourselves. Just thought I'd throw it out there as another option.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

We used Garden Grocer on both recent trips to WDW. Inregards, to being tied to your room, your not. Both times I had the grocery arrive right when I thought we would be getting there and actually they arrived just prior. WDW bell service keeps the grocery for you and keeps the cold refridgerated. Once to your room you call to bell hop or as I do I stop by after I get my KTWC and let them know I am going to my room and with 15 minutes my grocery are delivered.

They text you to let you know when the grocery are delivered to your resort, so that how I knew they were at the bell service.

Everything was packed well and very professional service.

We drove both times that I did GG, but I am so anxious to get to our resort I never want to stop off and waste precious time grocery shopping....
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
murmkc
Mouseketeer

I have tried them all and prefer wegoshop!
murmkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
mhochman
Saratoga Springs

No more alcohol

According to their homepage, garden grocer will no longer deliver alcohol.
1972-1987: Various family stays at CR and Poly; 1992: CBR; 1997: CBR; 1998: GF and PO; 4/2004: Disney Magic; 7/2004: SSR; 3/2005: Vero (adults only); 5/2005: Poly (adults only); 7/2005: VWL; 8/2006: BCV; 8/2007: SSR; 8/2008: VWL; 7/2009: BCV; 8/2010: BLT/Vero/VWL; 10/2010: SSR (adults only); 4/2012: Disney Dream/BLT; 8/2012: BWV/AKL; 8/2013: HH

mhochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
shaqie1
Earning My Ears

Wegoshop/gg

I will be heading down to AKV w/ DH, DM, and DD. We have 2 studios and my husband and I drink tons of water and protein shakes. My DM also wanted some wine so I was thinking of ordering from a website and instead of having it shipped here I would have it shipped to AKV. I assume it would still be delivered to bell services and we are renting a car so we can pick it up at check in and drive it over to our room. Does this sound right?Will Disney accept the delivery?
shaqie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhochman View Post
According to their homepage, garden grocer will no longer deliver alcohol.
I just read this as well.....has anyone had them deliver recently? is it possible that this is just a disclaimer? Their homepage says they are in the process of obtaining their own liquor liscense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: