Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #121
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

continued....

We returned from naps around 3:30 or 4 o'clock to get a few things in before dinner.

We walked up Main Street and caught the tail end of the Dream Along with Mickey Show....

We decided to head back into Fastasyland again and caught a ride on a horse...

Then we decided to take one last spin on the tea cups...

By then, it was time to make our way out of the park and hop on the monorail to head to dinner....We had a dinner date with a Prince....

1900 Park Fare of course! The food wasn't half bad....but what makes this place is the entertainment the characters provide.

The evil step-mother complete with her evil smirk, a smirk only Claire could pull-off..

Cindy...

Anastasia....

The next thing we hear is a loud "MOTHER!!!!" being yelled across the restaurant. It was Anastasia. Apparently, Drizella had done her wrong in some way. So the evil step-mother came to sort it out. Somewhere in there, one of them was grabbed up by the ear and removed from the situation. Solid Parenting!

We caught up with Drizella shortly there after. She made it apparent to our girls that she didn't approve of the Cinderella t-shirts they were wearing.

She said "I suppose you want a picture or something...come on, let's get it over with."

Good food, great atmosphere.

We hopped on the monorail and headed back to MK.

It was late and our plan was to catch the MSEP one last time before heading back to our resort to get to bed at a decent hour. The girls found a spot up near the Town Hall on the curb. This left just enough time for me to go and catch a couple more things on my "must-do" list before we ended our trip.

I headed straight for tomorrowland and this...

Ah...the TTA...

Another first for me.....I know right???

And then, one last must-do attraction.

You gotta love the Carousel of Progress....I mean it's Walt's creation!

So after 20 minutes of "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

I made my way back to girls and took this shot along the way....

The parade was about to start, and thanks to some naps....we still had smiles...

Addison knows, after quite a few trips to MK during her life, the best way to get any attention from the characters is to wave and yell....

CINDERELLA...CINDERELLA!!!!

See....it works....

Claire's learning....she was able to attract the attention of Snow White...

It was hard to leave after the parade...knowing the park was open until 2am! But we had an early bus to catch for MCO....

Up Next - Back to Reality and trip conclusion.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 05-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #122
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Good times.

The Casey breakfast dog looks disgusting and appetizing at the same time. Have to try it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #123
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Sounds like an awesome day... I am tired just reading it.

I know we teased each other a bit throughout this trip report, and other spots of the DISBoards.

Your girls will appreciate all the hard work you put into this trip report, and more importantly planning the vacation for them. Great meals, awesome character interactions, and family memories to live on forever.

Well done Scott!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #124
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow, you guys did a great job getting around the MK that morning. Excellent implementation and then modification of your touring plan.

It is always sad to leave the MK for the last time... especially when you know it is going to be open late. Maybe you should have stayed till 2? You don't have to be awake to drive the bus or fly the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
The Casey breakfast dog looks disgusting and appetizing at the same time. Have to try it.
Well said!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #125
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Good times.

It was far from disgusting. It was essentially your typical Denny's meal all on a bun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Sounds like an awesome day... I am tired just reading it.

I know we teased each other a bit throughout this trip report, and other spots of the DISBoards.

Your girls will appreciate all the hard work you put into this trip report, and more importantly planning the vacation for them. Great meals, awesome character interactions, and family memories to live on forever.

Well done Scott!
Thanks Brian..we'll definitely always remember this first week long trip to the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, you guys did a great job getting around the MK that morning. Excellent implementation and then modification of your touring plan.

It is always sad to leave the MK for the last time... especially when you know it is going to be open late. Maybe you should have stayed till 2? You don't have to be awake to drive the bus or fly the plane.
I actually considered staying up! Especially since we were on the 3:30a ME Bus!

And yes, I thought we got a lot done in the morning. This was, by far, my favorite park day of our week. It just seemed like we were able to accomplish so much, but still not rush around and try too hard.

Dis Dads Member #543

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #126
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

All caught up! ...and it's ending already?

I can't read this report on an empty stomach. Between the breakfast dogs, Dole Whips, and chicken 'n waffles, I'm starving now.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #127
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

I guess a few of the other TRs that I have been reading have ended or gone dormant. I'm ready for a new one so I'm subscribing here. I'm a few pages behind but I'll catch up ASAP.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #128
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
I guess a few of the other TRs that I have been reading have ended or gone dormant. I'm ready for a new one so I'm subscribing here. I'm a few pages behind but I'll catch up ASAP.
Just in time for me to finish this one up!

Better late than never!

Welcome Mike.

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #129
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post

If this picture were in the caption contest, my submission would be "And you sir... yes you, in the DIS Dads Club t-shirt... I said NO flash photography!"

I just HAVE to share this picture from our first trip to WDW with DD... she was chosen to help lead our section! It was awesome!

Quote:
I headed straight for tomorrowland and this...

Ah...the TTA...

Another first for me.....I know right???
WOW! First time?? Isn't it great? I love TTA. And I have to say... this is a FANTASTIC shot! Could I get a copy of the original? That's a desktop background keeper

These updates are great, Scott! So many things to comment on, but it seems your family really did enjoy their first full week at WDW! Love the tribute shots of the adult beverages

Sad to see the end coming up. Saying goodbye is so hard to do!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #130
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
I'm very glad that you posted this pic. He wasn't there for the show that we saw a few weeks ago and I figured it was just his day off but was concerned that he may have moved on to other things. The replacement guy was a Tenor, not a Bass.

Quote:
Just in time for me to finish this one up!

Better late than never!

Welcome Mike.
Finish? That just doesn't seem right. I was just getting started!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #131
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
If this picture were in the caption contest, my submission would be "And you sir... yes you, in the DIS Dads Club t-shirt... I said NO flash photography!"

I just HAVE to share this picture from our first trip to WDW with DD... she was chosen to help lead our section! It was awesome!

WOW! First time?? Isn't it great? I love TTA. And I have to say... this is a FANTASTIC shot! Could I get a copy of the original? That's a desktop background keeper

These updates are great, Scott! So many things to comment on, but it seems your family really did enjoy their first full week at WDW! Love the tribute shots of the adult beverages

Sad to see the end coming up. Saying goodbye is so hard to do!
You're right - I need to enter that picture in the caption contest!

And oh, by the way, you CAN have flash photography in there!

How cool of your daughter being picked to lead the section. She had to be so excited! What section were you in??

Oh and send me a text or a PM and I'll get you a full-res copy of that TTA image.

Is it time for the convention yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
I'm very glad that you posted this pic. He wasn't there for the show that we saw a few weeks ago and I figured it was just his day off but was concerned that he may have moved on to other things. The replacement guy was a Tenor, not a Bass.

Finish? That just doesn't seem right. I was just getting started!
His voice is something else Mike! I would imagine that the show would be totally different without him!

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #132
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
You're right - I need to enter that picture in the caption contest!

And oh, by the way, you CAN have flash photography in there!

How cool of your daughter being picked to lead the section. She had to be so excited! What section were you in??

Oh and send me a text or a PM and I'll get you a full-res copy of that TTA image.

Is it time for the convention yet??

!
Doh! Didn't know flash was allowed! Well... it's still quite interesting that it seems EVERYONE in the photo is looking at the camera!

We were in the giraffe section. They made us bark like a dog! Had no idea that giraffes have a sound similar to a barking dog... who knew?

Text sent

I am soooooo ready for the convention! Let's get through MB first though
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 06-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #133
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Saturday, April, 7th

Departure and Conclusion

Well, I guess I've ignored this conclusion long enough....

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I have absolutely zero pictures from our departure day!

After the MSEP parade, we headed back to BLT to tidy up and pack our last minute items that we still had laying about.

Our morning would come soon enough. We had to be on the 4:15a ME Bus!

Yes, it was an early morning! In fact, we had joked around with a CM early Friday night about the possibility of just not going to sleep! MK had evening EMH that night and we could've stayed up and played at MK until 2am.

But, knowing we'd have a long day of dealing with airport security, flight, and drive home from the airport, we set our alarms for 3:30a and caught some shut-eye.

We made our ME bus on time with 3 other families. We also ended up stopping at WL before we made our way to MCO. It was a sad ride out. Seeing the parks so calm after a week of craziness with hoards of people was almost surreal.

I highly recommend early flights out of MCO. Even though it was one of the busiest travel weeks of the year, we made our way through security with no issues at all.

The flight went off without a hitch and we soon landed in Detroit, gathered up our luggage and made our 2 hour drive home.

As the title of this TR says, this was our first Full Week at the World, and definitely one of the most memorable vacations I personally had ever taken. So many memories! Staying on-site was like a dream come true! Especially with the location of BLT. This truly made this vacation magical!

We could not have experienced what we did without the wonderful information provided by all of you here on the Disboards and all the many DisDads that I've become friends with! Thank you for helping to make this vacation all that I could have ever hoped it would be!

So what's the best part of ending a TR??? Starting to look forward to your next trip!!!

While we'll probably hit MK for a day visit next Spring Break, we're tentatively planning another full week trip to the world next June 2013!

Thanks for following along on this TR, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 06-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #134
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Saturday, April, 7th

Departure and Conclusion

Well, I guess I've ignored this conclusion long enough....

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I have absolutely zero pictures from our departure day!

After the MSEP parade, we headed back to BLT to tidy up and pack our last minute items that we still had laying about.

Our morning would come soon enough. We had to be on the 4:15a ME Bus!

Yes, it was an early morning! In fact, we had joked around with a CM early Friday night about the possibility of just not going to sleep! MK had evening EMH that night and we could've stayed up and played at MK until 2am.

But, knowing we'd have a long day of dealing with airport security, flight, and drive home from the airport, we set our alarms for 3:30a and caught some shut-eye.

We made our ME bus on time with 3 other families. We also ended up stopping at WL before we made our way to MCO. It was a sad ride out. Seeing the parks so calm after a week of craziness with hoards of people was almost surreal.

I highly recommend early flights out of MCO. Even though it was one of the busiest travel weeks of the year, we made our way through security with no issues at all.

The flight went off without a hitch and we soon landed in Detroit, gathered up our luggage and made our 2 hour drive home.

As the title of this TR says, this was our first Full Week at the World, and definitely one of the most memorable vacations I personally had ever taken. So many memories! Staying on-site was like a dream come true! Especially with the location of BLT. This truly made this vacation magical!

We could not have experienced what we did without the wonderful information provided by all of you here on the Disboards and all the many DisDads that I've become friends with! Thank you for helping to make this vacation all that I could have ever hoped it would be!

So what's the best part of ending a TR??? Starting to look forward to your next trip!!!

While we'll probably hit MK for a day visit next Spring Break, we're tentatively planning another full week trip to the world next June 2013!

Thanks for following along on this TR, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!

Finally this torture is OVER!

I am very glad your trip ended... Although with no more trip report, I am going to have to find another way of putting my kids to bed at night.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #135
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Finally this torture is OVER!

I am very glad your trip ended... Although with no more trip report, I am going to have to find another way of putting my kids to bed at night.

Yes Brian, the torture is over.

I'm hoping you're not the only person to chime in and comment on my weak conclusion.

But if you are, thanks for being there buddy!

Dis Dads Member #543

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: