Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #76
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

I am noticing a theme. No one wants to go anywhere with you.

You're family is smarter than I originally gave them credit for.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #77
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

Great update! Looks like a fun day at DHS! That's a great tip about the parade location. We've never seen the parade at DHS so we'll have to scope out that spot on the next trip.

Also glad to hear you enjoyed Ohana. We're hoping to score a reservation for our first time eating there (making ADRs Monday, fingers crossed!). What is that drink in the pineapple? I don't even know what's in there and it's making me thirsty.

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Blair | Dave | Miles 8/13/11 | Ozzy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #78
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Joining in!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #79
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I am noticing a theme. No one wants to go anywhere with you.

You're family is smarter than I originally gave them credit for.
They really do love me, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
Great update! Looks like a fun day at DHS! That's a great tip about the parade location. We've never seen the parade at DHS so we'll have to scope out that spot on the next trip.

Also glad to hear you enjoyed Ohana. We're hoping to score a reservation for our first time eating there (making ADRs Monday, fingers crossed!). What is that drink in the pineapple? I don't even know what's in there and it's making me thirsty.
The parade there, in my opinion, doesn't compare to the ones at MK. But, it's still worth a look. Find a spot on the stairs and get there about 30 minutes before.

'Ohana was awesome. I hope you're able to get your reservation. Good Luck!

The Pineapple drink is called a "Lapu Lapu". It's a blend of citrus and rum. Quite yummy! It does cost a little more than the traditional drinks they have, and if I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't. I felt like I got less "drink" in it than the standard drinks in glasses. But it was fun drinking out of a big pineapple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Joining in!
Thanks for joining in! Enjoy!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 04-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #80
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

The Duck is checking in! Where do you people get the time to do these elaborate trip reports

Some great shots . What kind of camera did you use?

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #81
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
The Duck is checking in! Where do you people get the time to do these elaborate trip reports

Some great shots . What kind of camera did you use?
Well hey there David! About time you got here.

My camera is a Nikon D90, with a Nikkor 18-200mm VR II lens. Most of the images I'm posting have no post processing, they are straight off the camera. I haven't had the time to process many of them yet.

Glad you're enjoying the pictures and hopefully the TR!

Dis Dads Member #543

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #82
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
'Ohana was awesome. I hope you're able to get your reservation. Good Luck!

The Pineapple drink is called a "Lapu Lapu". It's a blend of citrus and rum. Quite yummy! It does cost a little more than the traditional drinks they have, and if I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't. I felt like I got less "drink" in it than the standard drinks in glasses. But it was fun drinking out of a big pineapple!
I did indeed get my 'Ohana reservation! Thanks for the tip on the drink. I will have to try a nice adult beverage with "Polynesian" flavors, you know, for cultural authenticity's sake.

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #83
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

OK OK, It's been over a week and I'm just now giving you an update...so sorry for the delay.

Tuesday, April 3rd.

We have guests arriving....my DW's family had vacationed this week in nearby Daytona Beach and were coming to meet us for a quick one day'er....but where???

You guessed it, didn't ya?

I actually should name this update Character Palooza! We arrived quite early - around 7:15 or so during a morning EMH and had to wait until 8am or so before our guests could even get in. So we decided to take advantage of short waits for some Character Meet and Greets. This should also be called, "the many faces of Claire"....

He's got no strings to hold him down....

How did Donald manage to get her attention....

She's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!!

Who's the Fairest one of all???

So, in about 35 minutes, we managed to get pictures and signatures from all of these characters. But wait, there's more! The town hall meet and greet was getting ready to open. Why not go for some more??

Don't touch that Spindle lady!!

Claire says, "Where's the Beast??!"

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

After finishing the princess meet and greet - we met up with our guests....well at least part of them...

Turns out, they got in the other line for Mickey and Minnie. Eventually, we all made it together and made our way up Main St. We had a chat with some more friendly folks and put out the fires of woman's suffrage...

And the money shot....

After watching some street entertainment from the Main Street Trolley, we made our way over to Tomorrowland to check out the line for Buzz. It wasn't bad...so we hopped in line. After defeating Zorg, we headed next store to the Laugh Floor. Thankfully, I wasn't "that guy". But the guy that was "that guy" played along well.

I must've forgotten that I had a camera around my neck, I didn't get pictures of any of it.

It was getting close to time for a special surprise for Addison. We had secretly hidden a new dress for her in our luggage for a BBB appointment! She had no idea what was in store for her!

To be continued in the next post....

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #84
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Continued...

We had hidden the dress in our stroller, but it didn't take Addison long before she saw it. She had been asking to put it on all morning, but still had no clue that she was about to go through a Princess transformation. We left the rest of the group and made our way over to BBB at the castle. It didn't take long before it was our turn. Our Fairy Godmother in Training was Margarita!

Here she is picking our her hair-do...

She did an absolute amazing job with Addison and was always asking her "are you doing OK, my love?" Very cute!

And the big reveal...

One more shot with Margarita....

We had also brought along a new dress for Claire. Claire is so tiny that she doesn't even fit into Addison's old dresses quite yet, so it was time for her to have one that did. Now she's not always one to keep a dress on too long....but she's so darn cute in it!

The next big surprise was that we were eating at CRT for lunch. We had done this last year as well, but couldn't imagine not taking Addison there after going through BBB.

We had our pictures taken with Cinderella again and proceeded upstairs...

I won't post all of the pictures of yet more princess meets, but this one I love...

We proceeded to enjoy our meal, which wasn't that bad. I had the Beef short rib, which was very tender. My DW had a fish over pasta dish that she enjoyed as well.

With full bellies, we went back outside to fend off the masses. We decided to get a spot for the 3 o'clock parade. What time is that 3 o'clock parade???

Addison and her cousin Prince Kaleb...

Some of us braved the hot sun on the corner of Liberty Square and Frontierland and enjoyed the parade, while others (myself included) hung out in the glorious shade of the tree next to the Christmas shop!

Shortly after the parade was finished, I noticed my Camera was having issues. It wouldn't take a picture! I was worried that the rest of the weeks memories would be lost. So I decided to leave the group and head back to BLT to see about fixing it.

Thankfully, I was able to recover my pictures from the morning and format the card. After formatting it, it worked like a charm!

I met back up with everyone else in Adventureland. They had just finished up CBJ and some were in line for Aladdin's Magic Carpets while some were hanging out in the shade of the Tiki Room Exit. A great spot I must add, for some exit door A/C!

We made our way back to POTC. The wait was only 20 minutes. So we hopped in line. The line slowed a bit and stopped. The ride had a "temporary malfunction". This was just enough time for Addison to decide that she wasn't riding. So I took her off to wait at the exit for everyone else. Thankfully, the ride resumed quickly and we were re-united with the others.

We decided to head back toward Fantasyland and stopped in the Kitchen shop on the way. We picked up a few things (cookbook, coasters, bottle opener and some clips) and had them sent back to the resort.

We got in line for IASW....

Nice shirts huh? Yeah, we had many compliments from people throughout the day. There's just something about matching shirts that grabs attention from other guests, but more importantly, CM's!

After what seemed like a never-ending boat ride of IASW happiness, we made our way over to Mickey's Philharmagic.

We love this show! It's a great break from the afternoon sun and an enjoyment for all ages. The effects are great for it's age.

At this point, we started to get hungry again and made our way over to Cosmic Rays for a quick burger/sandwich/chicken/salad.

It was getting late and we wanted to try to get a good spot for MSEP. Unfortunately, we were too late to get a spot near main street and ended up back in Frontierland. Well at least some of us did. We got split up in all the crazy amounts of people.

We had a great spot in Frontierland right near the barrels at the entrance to the wooden walkway to Splash...

Addison enjoying herself....

We made our way through the crowds back to main street to catch the MMandY show and Wishes from the street....Hidden Mickey anyone....

At this point, our girls were DONE. I mean, crabby beyond all imagination! So we decided to leave the rest of the family and head back to BLT.

We had an appointment with a Chef in the morning....

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #85
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
OK OK, It's been over a week and I'm just now giving you an update...so sorry for the delay.

Tuesday, April 3rd.

We have guests arriving....my DW's family had vacationed this week in nearby Daytona Beach and were coming to meet us for a quick one day'er....but where???

You guessed it, didn't ya?

I actually should name this update Character Palooza! We arrived quite early - around 7:15 or so during a morning EMH and had to wait until 8am or so before our guests could even get in. So we decided to take advantage of short waits for some Character Meet and Greets. This should also be called, "the many faces of Claire"....

He's got no strings to hold him down....

How did Donald manage to get her attention....

She's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!!

Who's the Fairest one of all???

So, in about 35 minutes, we managed to get pictures and signatures from all of these characters. But wait, there's more! The town hall meet and greet was getting ready to open. Why not go for some more??

Don't touch that Spindle lady!!

Claire says, "Where's the Beast??!"

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

After finishing the princess meet and greet - we met up with our guests....well at least part of them...

Turns out, they got in the other line for Mickey and Minnie. Eventually, we all made it together and made our way up Main St. We had a chat with some more friendly folks and put out the fires of woman's suffrage...

And the money shot....

After watching some street entertainment from the Main Street Trolley, we made our way over to Tomorrowland to check out the line for Buzz. It wasn't bad...so we hopped in line. After defeating Zorg, we headed next store to the Laugh Floor. Thankfully, I wasn't "that guy". But the guy that was "that guy" played along well.

I must've forgotten that I had a camera around my neck, I didn't get pictures of any of it.

It was getting close to time for a special surprise for Addison. We had secretly hidden a new dress for her in our luggage for a BBB appointment! She had no idea what was in store for her!

To be continued in the next post....

Claire's faces in some of those pics are priceless...

I know... not very nemsesisy right... I'll try better as I read the next update.

Member #561
Old 04-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #86
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:

Continued...

We had hidden the dress in our stroller, but it didn't take Addison long before she saw it. She had been asking to put it on all morning, but still had no clue that she was about to go through a Princess transformation. We left the rest of the group and made our way over to BBB at the castle. It didn't take long before it was our turn. Our Fairy Godmother in Training was Margarita!

Here she is picking our her hair-do...

She did an absolute amazing job with Addison and was always asking her "are you doing OK, my love?" Very cute!

And the big reveal...

One more shot with Margarita....

We had also brought along a new dress for Claire. Claire is so tiny that she doesn't even fit into Addison's old dresses quite yet, so it was time for her to have one that did. Now she's not always one to keep a dress on too long....but she's so darn cute in it!

The next big surprise was that we were eating at CRT for lunch. We had done this last year as well, but couldn't imagine not taking Addison there after going through BBB.

We had our pictures taken with Cinderella again and proceeded upstairs...

I won't post all of the pictures of yet more princess meets, but this one I love...

We proceeded to enjoy our meal, which wasn't that bad. I had the Beef short rib, which was very tender. My DW had a fish over pasta dish that she enjoyed as well.

With full bellies, we went back outside to fend off the masses. We decided to get a spot for the 3 o'clock parade. What time is that 3 o'clock parade???

Addison and her cousin Prince Kaleb...

Some of us braved the hot sun on the corner of Liberty Square and Frontierland and enjoyed the parade, while others (myself included) hung out in the glorious shade of the tree next to the Christmas shop!

Shortly after the parade was finished, I noticed my Camera was having issues. It wouldn't take a picture! I was worried that the rest of the weeks memories would be lost. So I decided to leave the group and head back to BLT to see about fixing it.

Thankfully, I was able to recover my pictures from the morning and format the card. After formatting it, it worked like a charm!

I met back up with everyone else in Adventureland. They had just finished up CBJ and some were in line for Aladdin's Magic Carpets while some were hanging out in the shade of the Tiki Room Exit. A great spot I must add, for some exit door A/C!

We made our way back to POTC. The wait was only 20 minutes. So we hopped in line. The line slowed a bit and stopped. The ride had a "temporary malfunction". This was just enough time for Addison to decide that she wasn't riding. So I took her off to wait at the exit for everyone else. Thankfully, the ride resumed quickly and we were re-united with the others.

We decided to head back toward Fantasyland and stopped in the Kitchen shop on the way. We picked up a few things (cookbook, coasters, bottle opener and some clips) and had them sent back to the resort.

We got in line for IASW....

Nice shirts huh? Yeah, we had many compliments from people throughout the day. There's just something about matching shirts that grabs attention from other guests, but more importantly, CM's!

After what seemed like a never-ending boat ride of IASW happiness, we made our way over to Mickey's Philharmagic.

We love this show! It's a great break from the afternoon sun and an enjoyment for all ages. The effects are great for it's age.

At this point, we started to get hungry again and made our way over to Cosmic Rays for a quick burger/sandwich/chicken/salad.

It was getting late and we wanted to try to get a good spot for MSEP. Unfortunately, we were too late to get a spot near main street and ended up back in Frontierland. Well at least some of us did. We got split up in all the crazy amounts of people.

We had a great spot in Frontierland right near the barrels at the entrance to the wooden walkway to Splash...

Addison enjoying herself....

We made our way through the crowds back to main street to catch the MMandY show and Wishes from the street....Hidden Mickey anyone....

At this point, our girls were DONE. I mean, crabby beyond all imagination! So we decided to leave the rest of the family and head back to BLT.

We had an appointment with a Chef in the morning....

Dang, you really do make it hard to be a nemesis... I was reading through and rooting so loud the neighbors were comlaining... rooting for what you ask? RThat your camera was broken for good...

But then those pics from the MSEP and WISHES were awesome... so deep down I was kinda glad it didn't break.

Man... this hating is hard!

Adorable family Scott... not sure what you did to deserve them all.

Member #561
Old 04-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #87
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

Love all the cute faces Claire makes in the photos! And the matching shirts are great. Great surprise for Addison - she is one beautiful princess! All around it looks like a very magical day!

Old 04-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #88
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Awe...fabulous update!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #89
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Claire's faces in some of those pics are priceless...

I know... not very nemsesisy right... I'll try better as I read the next update.
I don't really know if Claire knows how to smile. The picture with Snow white, she has this cheek full of crackers...looks like she's got some chaw in there.

Quote:
Dang, you really do make it hard to be a nemesis... I was reading through and rooting so loud the neighbors were comlaining... rooting for what you ask? RThat your camera was broken for good...

But then those pics from the MSEP and WISHES were awesome... so deep down I was kinda glad it didn't break.

Man... this hating is hard!

Adorable family Scott... not sure what you did to deserve them all.
Thanks Brian - I had a lot of fun taking those pics. All of these are untouched - unprocessed - straight from the camera. The color just pops on those MSEP shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
Love all the cute faces Claire makes in the photos! And the matching shirts are great. Great surprise for Addison - she is one beautiful princess! All around it looks like a very magical day!
Claire is the girl with many faces....we never knew which one we'd get! Addison loved her surprise and really strutted her stuff the rest of the day. Only until about half way through MSEP did she start complaining about her hair hurting. So we took it all out for her. I think she was a little more sensitive to it since she had not napped at all that day.

Thanks for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
Awe...fabulous update!
Thanks! Hopefully the next one comes quicker than a week!

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #90
Britard
Mouseketeer

I love the princess photos! Looks like they had a great time in their new dresses.

Funny, my youngest daughter couldn't fit in any dresses other than snow white either (I think they make that one smaller than the others)

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: