Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #61
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, super mom must have really kicked on the afterburners. You can't get much farther from the front entrance than Morocco.

I'm glad you guys made your Test Track window. I'm not too sure how I feel about this super strict FP enforcement. My first thought was that it won't be that big of a deal, but the first time I get held up somewhere and I'm late for an FP window, I won't be too happy.
That's what I told her when we got off of the monorail. I said, good luck, Morocco is right in the middle on the other side.

And I was fully ready to tell the Fastpass enforcing CM that we got caught at the end of the Jasmine meet and greet line if we were a couple minutes late.

Prior to this trip - when we had a fastpass, we wouldn't really pay too much attention to the return time, knowing we could use it anytime that day. We really had to pay attention to the times this trip. It definitely dictated our schedule during the day a little more than it normally would have.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #62
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
That's what I told her when we got off of the monorail. I said, good luck, Morocco is right in the middle on the other side.

And I was fully ready to tell the Fastpass enforcing CM that we got caught at the end of the Jasmine meet and greet line if we were a couple minutes late.

Prior to this trip - when we had a fastpass, we wouldn't really pay too much attention to the return time, knowing we could use it anytime that day. We really had to pay attention to the times this trip. It definitely dictated our schedule during the day a little more than it normally would have.
There is a 15 minute grace period after the return time expires.

With that said, I'm kinda glad the CM gave you a hard time. Was hoping maybe he'd rough you up a little.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #63
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
My camera is a Nikon D90. I love it. And surprisingly, I use one lens. It's a good one though. It's what I call a walk-around lens. It's the Nikkor 18-200 VR II. It's got a great range and does pretty well in low light, all things considered.

I just started shooting in RAW and did a little processing with Lightroom 3, but not much.

Glad you like the pics...I think I took like 75-100 just during Illuminations!
Ahhh... the D90. Nice piece of equipment there. One of these days I'm going to give in to the temptation to buy a DSLR. I'm hesitant to be lugging around a camera that big though. I like being able to slip my Sony in my pocket and take it out whenever needed.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #64
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Ahhh... the D90. Nice piece of equipment there. One of these days I'm going to give in to the temptation to buy a DSLR. I'm hesitant to be lugging around a camera that big though. I like being able to slip my Sony in my pocket and take it out whenever needed.
I kinda got used to lugging it around. I wore it on the plane so I didn't have to carry a camera bag. And wore it every day at the parks along with my pin lanyard.

I have a nice padded neck strap!

Dis Dads Member #543

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
Old 04-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #65
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Good work! Got to the character greet on time...got to Test Track on time...got to ride Test Track while someone else suffered another character greeting line...perfect!

Great Illuminations pictures! Looks like you found a good spot for the pyrotechnics.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #66
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I stumbled upon your TR and I am really enjoying it. Your daughters are adorable, I love the photos of them with Jasmine and Aladdin, you can tell they are having a blast!

Looks like you guys had a great day, getting to catch both Illuminations and Wishes in the same night- that's really awesome!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #67
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Good work! Got to the character greet on time...got to Test Track on time...got to ride Test Track while someone else suffered another character greeting line...perfect!

Great Illuminations pictures! Looks like you found a good spot for the pyrotechnics.
That was the first time I've ever watched Illuminations from that open space between the shops at the entrance to World Showcase. It was pretty crowded, but a great view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I stumbled upon your TR and I am really enjoying it. Your daughters are adorable, I love the photos of them with Jasmine and Aladdin, you can tell they are having a blast!

Looks like you guys had a great day, getting to catch both Illuminations and Wishes in the same night- that's really awesome!
Thanks! And thanks for following along. Yeah - it was pretty cool to be able to see Wishes almost every night of our trip.

The other thing that was nice was to be able to leave the sliding door open a crack and hear the train or, if the wind was blowing just right, hear the music for wishes or another show.

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #68
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Cute pic of the girls with Jasmine wearing their Jasmine shirt!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #69
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #70
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Cute pic of the girls with Jasmine wearing their Jasmine shirt!
Super Mom also coordinates! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!!
Counted! Welcome.

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #71
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Hey Guys...

I haven't forgot about you...and I'm sorry I haven't updated in a few days.

I'm hoping to post a new update to the TR tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #72
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Hey Guys...

I haven't forgot about you...and I'm sorry I haven't updated in a few days.

I'm hoping to post a new update to the TR tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
Actually Scott... your updates over the last few days were heads and tails more exciting then your initial reports.

Member #561
Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #73
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Actually Scott... your updates over the last few days were heads and tails more exciting then your initial reports.
I figured it would be you with the first response to my post, and a smart *** one at that!

Hi Brian

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #74
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
I figured it would be you with the first response to my post, and a smart *** one at that!

Hi Brian
Works slow today...

Member #561
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #75
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Monday, April 2nd

Today was a big day - it was going to be our first Bus experience with a stroller. That could only mean DHS or AK.

YEP AK! - Just kidding - Duh - it's Hollywood Studios!

We made it there shortly after Rope Drop and stopped quick for the photo pass picture.

So where would we go first? You're right! The Great Movie Ride!!!

Um, NO.

Yes, that is Addison in line for a ride - it's Toy Story Midway Mania Time baby! We got there during an EMH and the standby line was only 25 minutes.

And the obligatory Mr. Potato Head picture...

This was a fun ride. It was the first ride on TSMM for everyone. We all had a "blast".

And just so we could experience it at least one more time, I had already taken the liberty of obtaining fast passes before we got in line.

Well with TSMM out of the way, we had to make our way over toward Sunset Blvd. I wanted to get in some Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster if the lines weren't too long.

The girls decided they would sit this one out and get some grub for breakfast. So I walked up to the ToT line. Only 10 minutes!

It was literally a walk-on for me - as I got closer to the front of the line. I heard those magical words. "Are there any single riders?" Why yes, there is!

What a great ride ToT is. So random, so awesome.

I met up with everyone else eating their breakfast sandwiches and grabbed one myself.

Then Tricia and I decided to check out the line for Rockin' Rollercoaster. Only 25 minutes! So we jumped in line and Jenn graciously watched the girls yet again for us. I also left my camera with her, so sorry, no pics!

After RnR, it was time for the first show of the day for....Beauty and the Beast, Live on Stage.

DW got there early and was one of the first in line. We had great seats in the first available row after the handicapped section, right in the center.

They love each other most of the time! Here are some random shots...

After the show, we decided to stay on that side of the park and made our way over to the Disney Junior Live show.

After the Disney Junior show, we checked the time for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We decided to grab some fast passes instead of waiting in the standby line since it was inside our hour window for our TSMM fast passes.

So we made our way back to TSMM. Tricia and Claire decided to sit this one out and that meant Jenn, Addison, and I went on again. I love that ride!

Since Tricia sat out, I had an extra Fastpass to bless someone with... We thought it was hard to find a family of 4 to give passes to the other day - try finding someone by themselves!

Just when I was about to give up - a middle aged man walked by alone. "Excuse me Sir, are you by yourself?"
"Well, no, all the rest of my group is in line for TSMM"
"Well, I just have one fast pass that we're not using and it's yours if you'd like it."
"Really, that's great! We were one short!"

Then he dashed off to try to catch up with the rest of his group. pixie dust:

Since we were half way there, we decided to keep going and catch the Muppets 3-D movie. Sorry, no pictures.

After the show, we were starting to feel a little hungry again. We didn't want to spoil our dinner though. So we decided to just grab a snack....hmmm, what sounds good....Ice Cream! Of course! Mickey Bars, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and some kind of fruit pop.

By now, it was around 2pm. I still wanted to try to sneak in Star Tours, and it was right there. So, the girls decided to go scope a spot out for the parade while I went on Star Tours.

The line wasn't too bad considering it was the middle of the afternoon. Only 35 minutes.

It was a great ride. I love the new 3D effects and it does seem to be a little smoother than before. On our trip, we were fortunate enough to get the pod-racing scene. Quite cool!

I met up with the girls through a few text messages. Turns out, they had found the ultimate parade spot. It had SHADE! Right on the steps outside of the American Idol Experience. The CM's there said that this spot is the only spot at DHS that has shade for the parade and no one can sit in front of you.

After the parade, we made our way back over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We waited in standby as our fast passes had expired from before. We didn't make it in the first show, but got right in for the second one. I think we waited maybe 30 minutes. It was an OK show. The girls enjoyed it. Best of all it was air conditioned.

Well, we had dinner reservations at 6:20 - all the way across the other side of property. I figured we'd have to catch a bus around 5. So this gave us some time to stroll through some shops. After just a little drama regarding some plush toys we weren't buying the girls, we bid DHS farewell.

We found the bus we needed and got in line. This, of course, is when Addison decided she had to go potty. She couldn't hold it.

So my DW takes her to the bathroom, but of course, Claire doesn't want to be left out, so she insists (insert whining here) on going as well.

Wouldn't you know it...our bus comes and they aren't back! I let everyone else go past me and get on. I tell the bus driver that I'm waiting on the rest of my party and that if he had to go, go right ahead and we'd catch the next one. He didn't say anything, but proceeded to sit there. A few minutes go by, and I see the girls out of the corner of my eye. I proceed to wave my arms frantically motioning for them to hurry or we'll miss this bus.

Thankfully they make it just in time and we're off to our destination.

Where might that be?

Guess...

If you guessed the Polynesian - you're right. Gold star for you. We had a reservation at 'Ohana. We were a little early and waited for a while before we were seated. We ordered our drinks...

And the food started coming and kept coming. It was all so good. The wings were a hit with Addison. I've never seen her eat wings like that before. The chicken and pork were favorites at our table. And desert....oh geez....Banana's Foster bread pudding?? Really? OMG. Yum.

This meal was not without some drama from my DD's. They were tired, and cranky, with no naps to help them. We made our way to the monorail to get back "Home".

Not too long after, we got the girls in bed, and like so many evenings, made our way out to the balcony to enjoy the sights and sounds.....and adult beverages of course!

Tomorrow was an even bigger day....we have guests arriving....

Stay tuned.

Dis Dads Member #543

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: