Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #31
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad that the airline didn't screw you over. I would have been very upset if I had received a phone call like that. I guess that's another reason I prefer to drive.

Love the view... great job of doing your research. Just don't let the fine folks at Disney know about this, or they'll become theme park partial view premium rooms or something.
Normally we don't mind driving. We've always driven to Daytona when we've gone. But this year I couldn't pass up on the low fare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
Joining in and enjoying it so far! How fun to surprise your daughters like that - I can't wait to do that with my little prince one day. BLT is my dream resort! I'm interested to see how it works out with that many people in a studio. I'm sure it was worth the awesome resort and view!
I love BLT! It, for me, is the ultimate location for those with little girls. We tend to spend more time at MK than any other park - so with it being in walking distance, BLT was perfect!

Having 5 people in a studio normally doesn't happen. It's just because Claire is under 3 that this is even an option. We originally planned on having her sleep in the Pack n' play that is provided. But due to space constraints she ended up sleeping on the pull out couch with me. And the other three had the queen bed. Yes, it was tight. But the next available alternative at a different resort would have cost a good chunk of $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
what a stressful start to your trip but the meal and view from your accomodation look amazing.
The meal was amazing. I would definitely go back to Il Mulino. I was quite skeptical after reading some so-so reviews on it. We enjoyed it.

And the view was amazing from our room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
Reading along!! Great trippy so far!!
LOVE your room, SCORE!

Oh, and that call from the airlines, I would have stroked out! I am such a planner, that really would have done me in.
Glad it all worked out!!!

~~Dawn
Welcome Dawn!

I almost had the big one too. We have another flight with this airline in June. I'm hoping this one goes off without a hitch!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1989
Old 04-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #32
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Well, I have to say... I am not as excited about the latest update as I was for the first couple.

I was looking so forward for the plane bumping you, or the reservation being lost, or the room facing the swamp, or air conditioning not working, or a dastardly stench seeping in from the room above, a hair in the food... anything!

Against my better judgement, I will keep reading... I know most people hope it gets better, but I don't share those good wishes for my nemesis...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Well, I have to say... I am not as excited about the latest update as I was for the first couple.

I was looking so forward for the plane bumping you, or the reservation being lost, or the room facing the swamp, or air conditioning not working, or a dastardly stench seeping in from the room above, a hair in the food... anything!

Against my better judgement, I will keep reading... I know most people hope it gets better, but I don't share those good wishes for my nemesis...

I am at least hoping it rains tomorrow. It's not fair the only one inconvenienced so far is sweet innocent DD, not having shoes.

The only saving grace is you waited forever on those busses. I guess there is some form of justice afterall.

Member #561
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
I am at least hoping it rains tomorrow. It's not fair the only one inconvenienced so far is sweet innocent DD, not having shoes.

The only saving grace is you waited forever on those busses. I guess there is some form of justice afterall.
So sorry to disappoint you Brian. It must've been your MaketheBusGoSlow-inator that caused us to have that long bus ride.

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #35
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

I am in. Glad WeGo went well. Flying in on the next trip and know where I am getting supplies. Glad you guys made the plane. Flying used to be an adventure. Now it is an adventure for the wrong reasons.

Nice looking family Scott. Looking forward to your future adventures. Oh, and you room view wasn't bad either.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #36
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
I am in. Glad WeGo went well. Flying in on the next trip and know where I am getting supplies. Glad you guys made the plane. Flying used to be an adventure. Now it is an adventure for the wrong reasons.

Nice looking family Scott. Looking forward to your future adventures. Oh, and you room view wasn't bad either.
WeGoShop was great. Amy is the gal that runs the Orlando location - she did a great job for us.

And I have to give all the credit to my wife for providing me a good looking family. Thanks!

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #37
Britard
Mouseketeer

Loving this report so far! Can't wait to see the BBB adventure and if you find any suitable shoes for your princess!!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Old 04-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #38
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
And I have to give all the credit to my wife for providing me a good looking family. Thanks!
Nemesis... we finally agree on something!

Member #561
Old 04-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Sunday, April 1st

And where would our parks adventure begin???

I'll give you a hint.....It's got a big golf ball out in front.....

Yep EPCOT!

This would be our first monorail experience of the trip. I was probably the most excited one. I don't know what it is about hearing that monorail spiel - but it gets me every time.

We woke up pretty darn early. I have to say, for folks that are used to a beach R&R vacation, we were up pretty early every day to try to make it to the parks my Rope Drop.

We made our way over to the 4th floor Contemporary to get on our monorail.

We made our way to the TTC, changed monorails, and get to EPCOT just over the initial Rope Drop.

There was still a line and we waited patiently..

Addison was all about her autograph book...we're not even in the park and she's ready!

Where do we head first?

Of Course! I was all excited. We got there and the wait was only 20 minutes. So we quickly ran and got fast passes for later and jumped in the standby line. This was the first time we utilized the rider swap option. So it was my DW and I with Addison in line while Aunt Jenn waited with Claire.

I love this pic...

I was especially excited for this trip due to the fact that Addison was now 40" and could ride some things that she wasn't able to before. Soarin, Test Track etc...

Unfortunately, this line experience would set the tone for the rest of the week. We got all the way to the front of the queue, were sitting in the hang-glider and Addison decides she didn't want to ride. Oh well - maybe next time.

I proceed to ride by myself as Tricia takes Addison off the ride. Then Aunt Jenn and Tricia ride with the rider swap pass while I wait with the girls.

After riding, we stop at Sunshine Seasons to get a snack for breakfast. The chocolate croissants are very yummy!

And since we were right there, we jumped in the line for the Land. Consistent with her theme of not wanting to ride, Addison decided to stay with DW while Aunt Jenn, Claire, and I rode.

I could see how the beginning of the ride with the thunderstorm would've done Addison in. She doesn't like the dark, let alone a storm in it! But, she missed out on this...

It was then I decided to make someone's day with the fast passes I had obtained earlier.

We walked outside, trying to find a family of 4 that looked like they were on a mission. No luck.

So we decided to go ride Nemo quick and look while we were walking. It was DW, Claire, and I on Nemo this time. Claire was a trooper with the dark rides, didn't faze her Sassiness a bit!

On our walk back from Nemo through the entrance area to the Land pavilion. I spotted them. That family of 4 I had been looking for. I stopped them and asked if they were interested in fast passes for Soarin. Turns out they were a British family and they thanked me in a wonderful British accent. BONUS! I love passing on the pixie dust when I can! pixie dust:

Where to next??

It was the longest wait we waited for any one attraction all week. The posted time was 60 minutes...I think we made in through in 45.

I'll just post the picture of the big cheese for ya....

Addison and Claire were in all their glory. Pictures and autographs all around!

We then made our way over to the butterfly tent. Addison was talking about it all morning as the thing she wanted to do. She found out about it from a CM at the park entrance, I believe.

Here's a couple of shots from there...

And just outside the tent...

I love being in EPCOT during Flower and Garden...it's so colorful!

Well after a little shopping, it was time for our lunch ADR....

That's right, we were eating in Canada! Yum! You have to try this...

It's their Cheddar Cheese Soup infused with Moosehead beer and bacon!

Lunch was amazing - I had the filet over mushroom risotto, Aunt Jenn had the pork chop, and my DW had the Salmon. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. Desert was Maple Creme Brle and Chocolate "Moose".

After lunch, we decided to break for naps. So we hopped a monorail back to the TTC, and to the resort monorail back "Home".

Stay tuned for Part 2 of Day 2 - coming soon!

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #40
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Whoa... I go an vacation for a few days and you start a TR?!? Sounds like the trip started off ratehr nicely despite your nemesisisisis attempts! Great updates, Scott! Great choice on the first park Completely agree with the whole Flower and Garden Festival making Epcot more magical. Can't wait to read more!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #41
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

What sweet girls you have!!! Love the report, and LOVE the pictures, the flowers are all so beautiful!!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #42
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Whoa... I go an vacation for a few days and you start a TR?!? Sounds like the trip started off ratehr nicely despite your nemesisisisis attempts! Great updates, Scott! Great choice on the first park Completely agree with the whole Flower and Garden Festival making Epcot more magical. Can't wait to read more!

Hey there Don! Let me be the first to say - welcome back to reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
What sweet girls you have!!! Love the report, and LOVE the pictures, the flowers are all so beautiful!!
Thanks! I think I ended up taking right around 1700 pictures for the week.

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #43
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
It's not for lack of trying...

Member #561
Old 04-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #44
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
It's not for lack of trying...
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 04-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #45
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
The amazing part is, my DD's still didn't know we were going to WDW! To them, we were still going to the "Ocean". Our typical Spring Break trip is to the beach in Daytona with my DW's family. My DW and I had discussed how and when we would tell them. And due to their ages, we thought we could try and keep it from them until we were in line for DME.
Nicely done! Love the idea.

Quote:
"Do you think you might want to go to Disney World?"

"Yes" The jumping up and down starts...

"How about for a whole WEEK?"

"YES! Oh, I'm so excited" As she jumps up and down crazily.

Quote:
And of course, the welcome video wasn't working...so they played the Cruise Line video for us. Oh well, at least it was something. And who cares...we're on our way to WDW!!!
That might have been confusing to the kids.

Quote:
Looked at the shops...waited some more....Saw the Avengers monorail go by...So cool
The Avengers travel by monorail? I thought they were superheroes.

Quote:
A little after 4, the text was received. We made it up to our room and headed out to the balcony...looked off a bit to the left and saw this...

That's awesome!

Quote:
Well, tonight the DW and I were off for our "date night".
I'm not familiar with this concept.

Quote:
Then we received a complimentary limoncello for dessert. We really didn't need any more booze in us after finishing off that bottle of wine -
But it didn't stop you!

Quote:
This time we caught a view of Wishes! This would be the first of many times we were able to enjoy Wishes right from our room.
Also awesome.

Quote:
This would be our first monorail experience of the trip. I was probably the most excited one. I don't know what it is about hearing that monorail spiel - but it gets me every time.
It's not a Disney trip unless you ride the monorail at least once.

Quote:
Where do we head first?
Figment!

Quote:
Aw, I can't believe I missed it.

Quote:
Unfortunately, this line experience would set the tone for the rest of the week. We got all the way to the front of the queue, were sitting in the hang-glider and Addison decides she didn't want to ride. Oh well - maybe next time.
My son did that a lot too. We were Parents of the Year and forced him on.

Quote:
On our walk back from Nemo through the entrance area to the Land pavilion. I spotted them. That family of 4 I had been looking for. I stopped them and asked if they were interested in fast passes for Soarin. Turns out they were a British family and they thanked me in a wonderful British accent. BONUS! I love passing on the pixie dust when I can! pixie dust:
Good work!

Quote:
It's their Cheddar Cheese Soup infused with Moosehead beer and bacon!
Sweet manna from heaven...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: