Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,748

Our First Full Week at the World, and we went during Spring Break?!? Conclusion 6/2



March 31 - April 7

Touringplans says the crowds will be a 9-10 every day....who cares...we're going to Walt Disney World for a WEEK!

Yes, this was big for us. You see, up to this point, my DD's have only ever been for day trips to Magic Kingdom.

But I'm getting ahead of myself....who the heck are we??

Well, there are 5 of us on this trip....



That's me on the left....no not that cute little blondie...the big guy in Blue. I'm Scott, otherwise known as Scott2997 and DisDad #543. I'm an overall disney nut, just like the rest of you.


The Blondie in front of me is my DD4.5, Addison. She defines the word Princess. When she's not at pre-school or out shopping, she's at home in her princess dresses.


The beautiful girl to my far left is my DW, Tricia of 7 years. She's my Princess. I'm still converting her into a Disney nut, but it's not taking much work...she's getting there.


She's holding my DD2.5, Claire. She's our "Sassy" Claire. She's Tinkerbell in human form. She embodies all of the moods, faces, and expressions. Her older sister is trying ever so hard to turn her into a dress wearing princess. She's coming around.


And, also along for the ride is my awesome SIL, Aunt Jenn...



She and my DW are attached at the hip and best of friends. Well, truth be told, she's one of my best friends too. She enjoys Disney, but more importantly, loves seeing our girls light up while we're there.



So what's our plan???

A week at Bay Lake Tower (Lake View Studio). I know, there are 5 of us, in a studio...we're nuts!

Standard Disney Dining Plan - with some awesome ADR's, I must add.

6 Day Park Hoppers - Oh yes, it's go go go.



But, will we even get to the World??? Our airline left us a message....something about our flight being cancelled??!?!?!

Stay tuned....

__________________
Me DW DD7 DD5




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990

Last edited by scott2997; 06-02-2012 at 12:18 PM.
scott2997 is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,748

Introduction

Airline Drama

Day 1 Part 1

Day 1 Part 2

Day 2 Part 1

Day 2 Part 2

Day 3

Day 4 Part 1

Day 4 Part 2

Day 5 Part 1

Day 5 Part 2

Day 6 Part 1

Day 6 Part 2

Day 7 Part 1

Day 7 Part 2

Day 8 - Departure and Conclusion
__________________
Me DW DD7 DD5




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990

Last edited by scott2997; 06-02-2012 at 12:18 PM.
scott2997 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,063

I am here... not happy to be here! But I am here... I hope your trip was the trip from HELL!!!









Just kidding nemesis... I actually really hope the girls had a great time, and made memories that will last a lifetime
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)
 
Jessica527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 2,173

You have me intrigued! Flight cancelled?
__________________
Disney Dreams to Date :
2014: Pop Century - Stahl Family Trip
2012: Boardwalk Honeymoon

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Jessica527 is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
nvsnot
Mouseketeer
 
nvsnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 295

Great start ! I'm In!!!
__________________

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,216

5 in a studio at BLT is tight. But, worth the walk to MK. Looking forward to reading more and to find out just how crowded it really was.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?
 
GoHerd1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 3,632

Im Here Im here Im Here!!!
__________________
We Are.....Marshall!!!:
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,996

nice set up to the TR.. can't wait to read the rest
cantwaitvaca09 is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I am here... not happy to be here! But I am here... I hope your trip was the trip from HELL!!!









Just kidding nemesis... I actually really hope the girls had a great time, and made memories that will last a lifetime
Um...thanks Brian...I think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
You have me intrigued! Flight cancelled?
Flight Cancelled! I know, right? Welcome, glad you could join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsnot View Post
Great start ! I'm In!!!
Thanks and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
5 in a studio at BLT is tight. But, worth the walk to MK. Looking forward to reading more and to find out just how crowded it really was.
Tight it was - crowded it was, in the parks and in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Im Here Im here Im Here!!!
Hey Stevo! Glad you could make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
nice set up to the TR.. can't wait to read the rest
Thanks and welcome!
__________________
Me DW DD7 DD5




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
scott2997 is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,828

Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus
 
10dedfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 1,233

Standing by!
__________________
"Drag your bodies onto the blood red carpet and cower tightly together in the dead center of the room. There's no time to kill..."

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
10dedfish is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #12
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hi Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Standing by!
Welcome Matt.
__________________
Me DW DD7 DD5




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
scott2997 is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight
 
scott2997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,748

So about a month before our departure, we start receiving phone calls from "Aegis Group". As we traditionally ignore calls from telemarketers and such, we ignored these calls as well. Well finally, after about a week or two of calls from "Aegis Group", they finally leave a message on our machine.

"This is Shawn from Spirit Airlines. I'm calling to information you that your flight has been downgraded due to "mechanical". Please contact us at blah blah blah to arrange other travel plans.

Instantly, I'm thinking they overbooked the flight and saw a party of 5 that they can try to bump off with some lame excuse of "mechanical" more than a month out!

So I call and get some gal that speaks broken english. This is how the conversation goes...

Her - "Sir, it appears your flight has been cancelled for the 31st. We need to reschedule you."

Me - "What happened?? How could it be cancelled"

Her - "Due to mechanical Sir".

Me - "Huh?!?"

Her - "Let me check to see what the next available flight for you."

HOLD

Her - "Sir it appears there are no more flights for the 31st, the next available flight would be for the 2nd of April. Can we get your flight changed the 2nd of April for you?"

Me - "NO - you don't understand, I have to be in Orlando on the 31st."

Her - "I understand Sir and I do apologize, but I can offer each person in your party a round-trip flight for a future trip for the inconvenience."

Me - "NO - I NEED the 31st. I cannot be flexible".

Her - "Can you please hold while I check on one more thing?"

Me - "Sure"

HOLD

Her - "I'm sorry sir - I can offer your party each two round-trip tickets for the inconvenience"

Me - "NO - you don't understand, I HAVE to be in Orlando on the 31st! Whether its on your airline or another one, I need to be there on the 31st"

Her - "I understand sir and I do apologize, let me check with my supervisor."

HOLD

Her - "Sir, thank you for holding. You will be on that flight on the 31st. We will guarantee your seats"

Me - "So you're telling me the flight ISN'T cancelled???? I do have seats on it???"

Her - "Yes Sir, you will have seats"

Me - "So my flight stays the SAME?"

Her - "Yes, Sir. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Me - "OK thank you"





Needless to say - I was about to have the big one and still questioning whether we'd be able to get on the flight.

Compounding my anxiety more, was the fact that my SIL's friend had a friend that they did this too as well and when they got to the airport they were bumped!

So, after finding that this could still occur, I bit the bullet and pre-paid for assigned seats.


Will we keep our seats and get on the flight - or get bumped?

Find out in the next installment....
__________________
Me DW DD7 DD5




Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990

Last edited by scott2997; 04-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.
scott2997 is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
So about a month before our departure, we start receiving phone calls from "Aegis Group". As we traditionally ignore calls from telemarketers and such, we ignored these calls as well. Well finally, after about a week or two of calls from "Aegis Group", they finally leave a message on our machine.
And Canadians...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post

"This is Shawn from Spirit Airlines. I'm calling to information you that your flight has been downgraded due to "mechanical". Please contact us at blah blah blah to arrange other travel plans.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post

Instantly, I'm thinking they overbooked the flight and saw a party of 5 that they can try to bump off with some lame excuse of "mechanical" more than a month out!

So I call and get some gal that speaks broken english. This is how the conversation goes...

Her - "Sir, it appears your flight has been cancelled for the 31st. We need to reschedule you."

Me - "What happened?? How could it be cancelled"

Her - "Due to mechanical Sir".

Me - "Huh?!?"

Her - "Let me check to see what the next available flight for you."

HOLD

Her - "Sir it appears there are no more flights for the 31st, the next available flight would be for the 2nd of April. Can we get your flight changed the 2nd of April for you?"

Me - "NO - you don't understand, I have to be in Orlando on the 31st."

Her - "I understand Sir and I do apologize, but I can offer each person in your party a round-trip flight for a future trip for the inconvenience."

Me - "NO - I NEED the 31st. I cannot be flexible".

Her - "Can you please hold while I check on one more thing?"

Me - "Sure"

HOLD

Her - "I'm sorry sir - I can offer your party each two round-trip tickets for the inconvenience"

Me - "NO - you don't understand, I HAVE to be in Orlando on the 31st! Whether its on your airline or another one, I need to be there on the 31st"

Her - "I understand sir and I do apologize, let me check with my supervisor."

HOLD
No... Not the supervisor!!! Please not the Supervisor!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post


Her - "Sir, thank you for holding. You will be on that flight on the 31st. We will guarantee your seats"

Me - "So you're telling me the flight ISN'T cancelled???? I do have seats on it???"

Her - "Yes Sir, you will have seats"

Me - "So my flight stays the SAME?"

Her - "Yes, Sir. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Me - "OK thank you"



I knew it!!!! Supervisors are NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post



Needless to say - I was about to have the big one and still questioning whether we'd be able to get on the flight.

Compounding my anxiety more, was the fact that my SIL's friend had a friend that they did this too as well and when they got to the airport they were bumped!

So, after finding that this could still occur, I bit the bullet and pre-paid for assigned seats.


Will we keep our seats and get on the flight - or get bumped?

Find out in the next installment....
Oh please be bumped!!! Please be bumped...
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #15
JenCintron78
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9

We were there at the same time! It was our kiddos first trip and even though it was crowded we managed to do everything on our to do/see list by getting to the parks early in the morning. Can't wait to read your TR
__________________
JenCintron78 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: