Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #91
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozdisneydreamin View Post
We will be there 30 November to 9 December. Very excited to be going back.
Wow! That's a nice long trip! Have a wonderful time!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #92
lana772
Disneyland Lover

We are staying at GCH from Dec 21-28th
lana772 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #93
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

We are surprising the kids too- like Jiminy Christmas!

Arriving Nov 29 and leaving Dec 2 on Mexican Riviera cruise with Carnival.
2, possibly 3 days in DL depending on closing times on Thurs pm.

I can't believ we will be there for ChistmasTime decor! It's such a great treat for me. We are so busy at work in Dec that I never imagined we would be there for the Holiday stuff. I am thrilled!

Not are about hotel yet. Missed the HOJO rate but might try Carousel....
Loved the BWPPI for location last time.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #94
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana772 View Post
We are staying at GCH from Dec 21-28th
So fun! We spent our last few trips at GCH. It's a wonderful hotel - I'm sure you'll have a great time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyaewa View Post
We are surprising the kids too- like Jiminy Christmas!

Arriving Nov 29 and leaving Dec 2 on Mexican Riviera cruise with Carnival.
2, possibly 3 days in DL depending on closing times on Thurs pm.

I can't believ we will be there for ChistmasTime decor! It's such a great treat for me. We are so busy at work in Dec that I never imagined we would be there for the Holiday stuff. I am thrilled!

Not are about hotel yet. Missed the HOJO rate but might try Carousel....
Loved the BWPPI for location last time.
Wow! Sounds like an amazing surprise! Be sure to let us know when you have firm DLR dates and I'll update the master list.

If you try Carousel, give them a call and ask for the Micechat rate. We did that and were able to secure $91/night. I haven't stayed there before, but I hear the beds are very comfy!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #95
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I'll be there for one night only, the 17th. Flying in early from Orlando so will hopefully be at one of the parks by lunchtime, then my flight back to Australia is not until very late the next night so will get most of that day too. Couldn't be flying home from LA without seeing Cars Land!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #96
ociana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
So fun! We spent our last few trips at GCH. It's a wonderful hotel - I'm sure you'll have a great time

Wow! Sounds like an amazing surprise! Be sure to let us know when you have firm DLR dates and I'll update the master list.

If you try Carousel, give them a call and ask for the Micechat rate. We did that and were able to secure $91/night. I haven't stayed there before, but I hear the beds are very comfy!
We got the Carousel at a decent rate (although not that low) in a Costco travel package. I recommend checking them out as they seem to be a nice solid deal these days the way AAA used to be.
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #97
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Hi everyone! I'll be there for one night only, the 17th. Flying in early from Orlando so will hopefully be at one of the parks by lunchtime, then my flight back to Australia is not until very late the next night so will get most of that day too. Couldn't be flying home from LA without seeing Cars Land!
Nice! Both coasts in one trip! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
We got the Carousel at a decent rate (although not that low) in a Costco travel package. I recommend checking them out as they seem to be a nice solid deal these days the way AAA used to be.
I'm glad Costco is starting to create reasonable packages. We were originally going to go through AAA, but found it to be pricier than booking on our own.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #98
ociana
Mouseketeer

Our biggest steal with Costco was the flight, although the rooms were a good deal also. Tickets from Portland to LA rarely drop below $200 RT and are usually at a markup closer to $300 RT. We are going Christmas week and snagged them with the package for $195 RT.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #99
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
Our biggest steal with Costco was the flight, although the rooms were a good deal also. Tickets from Portland to LA rarely drop below $200 RT and are usually at a markup closer to $300 RT. We are going Christmas week and snagged them with the package for $195 RT.
Do you fly out of PDX? We're in Southern Oregon and don't want to make the trek up there in December, so we're flying out of MFR. We got those for around $215 RT (non-stop). Not bad from a tiny airport!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #100
ociana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
Do you fly out of PDX? We're in Southern Oregon and don't want to make the trek up there in December, so we're flying out of MFR. We got those for around $215 RT (non-stop). Not bad from a tiny airport!

Oh nice deal! Yes, we fly out of PDX. Salem's airport doesn't have an airline servicing it anymore. In the past we drove down, but the weather in December makes that a risky choice. Since we are just doing Disney this trip a flight works perfectly.

To drag this sucker closer to topic, how far along are others in their planning? So far I know exactly where we must eat and I have the start of a touring plan down. I feel a bit stuck until we get closer because there are some big variables that can change (early entry changes, fast pass late acceptance crackdown, closures, etc.).

Things I am pretty sure about on our 12/24-12/27 park days:
-Use early entry on Christmas Day (hoping others will want a leisurely holiday morning and it will be the quieter day)
-Tour Fantasyland during that early entry then head for Tomorrowland
-Be on Main Street at close on Christmas Eve for characters in their PJs
-Eat the less fancy meals on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day because others will be taking their time for nice long meals those days.
-Storyteller Cafe on 12/26 before park open - hope to sneak in with resort guest early entry if it's happening.
-Tackle Cars Land 12/24 first thing since we expect it to be the most time consuming part of the trip and because we hope that day to be less crowded than the two days after Christmas.
-We have to catch one parade and WoC, not sure yet about Fantasmic or fireworks.

Places we are sure to eat:
-Steakhouse 55 (night of arrival)
-Storyteller Cafe character breakfast
-Big Thunder BBQ (likely on Christmas Day)
-Blue Bayou
-Carthay Circle
-Cafe Orleans
-Plaza Inn (fried chicken)
-Corn Dog Castle
-As much dole whip as humanly possible

Here's to a very merry Disney Christmas!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #101
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Just an update that we've finally decided on a hotel! BWPPI for us (still Dec. 4-8) if you want to update the master list. Thanks.
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #102
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
Just an update that we've finally decided on a hotel! BWPPI for us (still Dec. 4-8) if you want to update the master list. Thanks.
Thanks - I'll update the front page
Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #103
minjo
Mouseketeer

I am planning a trip for December 2013 My hubby and I will be celebrating 30 years of marriage. So we are going arrive on 12/26/2013 and leave on either 1/4/2013 or 1/5/2013. This will give us 8 or 9 days for the parks and relaxation by the pool. Our anniversary is on 12/29/2013. We will be going to Napa Rose for dinner and I am thinking of doing some in room gift baskets. My hubby and youngest daughter (who will be 20 then) are "pirate buddies" so I am thinking of getting a pirate them gift basket and seeing what the dream makers can do for our anniversary.

I know it is early but I need to start saving now so that I can pull it off later.

We have been at DL for Christmas before - we celebrated our 20th with all 3 of our kids and spent 10 days at DLR.

Planning DLR June 2014/Disneyland - June 2011
- GCH/Disneyland - Dec. 2003/Jan 2004/DLH ConciergSummer 2000
minjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #104
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by minjo View Post
I am planning a trip for December 2013 My hubby and I will be celebrating 30 years of marriage. So we are going arrive on 12/26/2013 and leave on either 1/4/2013 or 1/5/2013. This will give us 8 or 9 days for the parks and relaxation by the pool. Our anniversary is on 12/29/2013. We will be going to Napa Rose for dinner and I am thinking of doing some in room gift baskets. My hubby and youngest daughter (who will be 20 then) are "pirate buddies" so I am thinking of getting a pirate them gift basket and seeing what the dream makers can do for our anniversary.

I know it is early but I need to start saving now so that I can pull it off later.

We have been at DL for Christmas before - we celebrated our 20th with all 3 of our kids and spent 10 days at DLR.

How wonderful! I'm sure it'll be a great trip.

We had to scrimp and save for 2 years, so I completely understand why you are planning so far in advance....we did the same thing! Be sure to check out the Christmas Superthread - lots of great pictures and information to get those planning juices flowing!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #105
minjo
Mouseketeer

Thanks....I am getting excited. I get to plan and discover new tidbits up until we get there.

Planning DLR June 2014/Disneyland - June 2011
- GCH/Disneyland - Dec. 2003/Jan 2004/DLH ConciergSummer 2000
minjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: