Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #211
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomarian View Post
Our family of 4 will be there 12/15 - 12/19 for the first time! We are excited as we have done DW a few times and this our first to that area of the country.
YAY! The 19th is my birthday. We wanted to go over that week, but we couldn't coordinate it, so we're going earlier in the month. Let us know how the crowds are when you're there - I'm hoping to go on the 19th sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
I am at the exactly 3 month mark today and am soooo excited! I just had to share
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
I just realized I am at the 3 mos mark for our Christmas trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMomof3 View Post
Can't believe I missed our 3 month mark this last week!! Now I can officially say I will be at DL in less than 3 months!! Yeah!!
YAY!!! We're down to 2 months, 2 weeks. I don't know about you all, but WE CAN'T WAIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
Looks like we are neighbors! There is a thread floating around with several Oregonians who will be at Disney in December!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmbr1223 View Post
Another Oregonian here. I have seen quite a few of us on here.
Oregonian here too!! Are any of you from Southern Oregon? If so, let me know! I'd love to host a "Plan for Disney Party!!"
__________________
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #212
lurpee
Mouseketeer
 
lurpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seaside, OR
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney

YAY! The 19th is my birthday. We wanted to go over that week, but we couldn't coordinate it, so we're going earlier in the month. Let us know how the crowds are when you're there - I'm hoping to go on the 19th sometime in the future.

YAY!!! We're down to 2 months, 2 weeks. I don't know about you all, but WE CAN'T WAIT!

Oregonian here too!! Are any of you from Southern Oregon? If so, let me know! I'd love to host a "Plan for Disney Party!!"
Seaside, Oregon here! Dec 14th -25th (once in a lifetime trip for us). A friend from high school is an Oregonian but lives in Washington will be there and a local business woman will be there in December too.
Kerri
__________________
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #213
ociana
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
Looks like we are neighbors! There is a thread floating around with several Oregonians who will be at Disney in December!
I think I saw that thread. There really are a significant number of us Oregonians headed down in December. It's like we want to leave the gloomy skies or something....

I have reached an odd lull in my trip planning where I now have to wait for schedules to be released, reservations to be available, etc before I can do anything new. It feels a bit like a jigsaw puzzle where I have done the frame but the middle bit is missing pieces so I can't quite solve it. Anyone else at that point?
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #214
tiggerluvr
Mouseketeer
 
tiggerluvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
I have reached an odd lull in my trip planning where I now have to wait for schedules to be released, reservations to be available, etc before I can do anything new. It feels a bit like a jigsaw puzzle where I have done the frame but the middle bit is missing pieces so I can't quite solve it. Anyone else at that point?
Yup, me too. I still stalk the DIS a couple of times a week, but I'm not obsessing over every single restaurant menu or entertainment review anymore.
__________________
DL 40th Birthday trip: Oct 2013 || DL last minute trip with friends: May 2013 || DL awesome Mother-Son blowout: Dec 2012 || DCL & DL Spring Break: Apr 2010 || DL Halloween: Oct 2007 || DL family reunion: Mar 2003 || DL DS's first trip: Mar 2002

tiggerluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #215
jkh1978
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana
I have reached an odd lull in my trip planning where I now have to wait for schedules to be released, reservations to be available, etc before I can do anything new. It feels a bit like a jigsaw puzzle where I have done the frame but the middle bit is missing pieces so I can't quite solve it. Anyone else at that point?
It's driving me crazy that I can't be planning. Still two months away and I want to plan the details now.
__________________
jkh1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #216
ociana
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 205

Phew, glad I am not alone in feeling stuck!
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #217
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana

I have reached an odd lull in my trip planning where I now have to wait for schedules to be released, reservations to be available, etc before I can do anything new. It feels a bit like a jigsaw puzzle where I have done the frame but the middle bit is missing pieces so I can't quite solve it. Anyone else at that point?
Yep me too, so close yet still too far away to plan in detail. I am just making lists of everything I still need to do and keeping an eagle eye on the, savings in the meantime. But I can't wait to get all the little details locked in
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #218
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran
 
Crazy4Disney06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon 3134.60 miles from WDW
Posts: 2,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
I think I saw that thread. There really are a significant number of us Oregonians headed down in December. It's like we want to leave the gloomy skies or something....

I have reached an odd lull in my trip planning where I now have to wait for schedules to be released, reservations to be available, etc before I can do anything new. It feels a bit like a jigsaw puzzle where I have done the frame but the middle bit is missing pieces so I can't quite solve it. Anyone else at that point?
I know the feeling. Time can not pass fast enough!! I'm more then ready to get my Disney fix again and we have not been to Disneyland since 2009 so I'm excited to see all the new additions and make our reservations for our tour and dinning!
__________________
Me (34), Dh (35), Ds (12) Ds2: (3)
Past Disney Vacations:
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 /Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Next Up: / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/11/15/WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon Trip 11/2-11/8/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #219
DisFan84
Earning My Ears
 
DisFan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 45

When do they post the December hours of operation and schedules? I haven't been since 2005 and I can't wait to get my plans narrowed down!!
DisFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #220
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan84 View Post
When do they post the December hours of operation and schedules? I haven't been since 2005 and I can't wait to get my plans narrowed down!!
They usually update the calendar around 6 weeks in advance.
__________________
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #221
lurpee
Mouseketeer
 
lurpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seaside, OR
Posts: 307

Is anyone else technically packing for their December trip already? Really I'm putting the stocking stuffers and birthday and Christmas gifts in there but it cracks me up every time I add to it.
__________________
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #222
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee View Post
Is anyone else technically packing for their December trip already? Really I'm putting the stocking stuffers and birthday and Christmas gifts in there but it cracks me up every time I add to it.
Yep! I have a corner in my closet where I'm gathering everything from ponchos and homemade hats to space saver bags and clothes. I also have a red binder that has all of the details of the trip. My family thinks I'm crazy, but I can't stop myself!
__________________
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #223
lurpee
Mouseketeer
 
lurpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seaside, OR
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney

Yep! I have a corner in my closet where I'm gathering everything from ponchos and homemade hats to space saver bags and clothes. I also have a red binder that has all of the details of the trip. My family thinks I'm crazy, but I can't stop myself!
I hadn't even thought about my closer pile!
__________________
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #224
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer
 
pattyduke34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ca
Posts: 239

I am sooooo excited! Just talked DH into taking a short trip to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary!! We will be going Dec 1-5th!!! Staying at Tropicana Inn & Suites. After going for a week last year it took a lot of sweet talking to go again this year!!! I love Christmas time in Disneyland!!! JUst wish the rest of my family felt the same way I do about Disneyland!
__________________
pattyduke34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #225
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyduke34 View Post
I am sooooo excited! Just talked DH into taking a short trip to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary!! We will be going Dec 1-5th!!! Staying at Tropicana Inn & Suites. After going for a week last year it took a lot of sweet talking to go again this year!!! I love Christmas time in Disneyland!!! JUst wish the rest of my family felt the same way I do about Disneyland!
YAY! It's nice to have two celebrations in one trip!
__________________
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.