Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #181
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty7260
I am totally bummed. We have to cancel our trip. DH has to have heart surgery the first part of November, so now we don't have any vacation to use, and of course, the funds are now gone as well.

Oh well, I guess there is always next Christmas. I will start saving now, then I can be sure to be able to stay on site again.

Have fun everyone!
I'm so sorry! Good luck and prayers to your husband. DH has to have hernia surgery in November--totally not the same thing. I am bummed for you.
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #182
justjane
Earning My Ears

I love that so many of us are surprising the kids with a trip to DL! Very fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty7260 View Post
I am totally bummed. We have to cancel our trip. DH has to have heart surgery the first part of November, so now we don't have any vacation to use, and of course, the funds are now gone as well.

Oh well, I guess there is always next Christmas. I will start saving now, then I can be sure to be able to stay on site again.

Have fun everyone!
So sorry to hear that. I hope the surgery goes well and your husband has a quick recovery.
justjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #183
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCanuc View Post
Hi! I'm new to the Disneyland threads. We are going down on 31/Dec to 3rd of Jan/13, staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I love Disney over the holidays!
WELCOME!!
This is a wonderful site, so I'm sure you'll find a bunch of great tips for your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3boys View Post
My family will be there 12/23-29...we are staying at the Comfort Inn Maingate. It will be a first trip for all our kids!
YAY! I bet they'll have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allformyboys View Post
So excited....Surprise trip for my boys, we will open presents christmas morning....the last box will have balloons in it with a sign "we are going to disneyland" ) and have breakfast and be on a plane at 1:30
DL trip: Dec. 25-31
So fun! I've always wanted to do a surprise like that, but it wouldn't go over well for DD. She HATES surprises, so instead we get to plan together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty7260 View Post

Have fun everyone!
Ugg,, I'm so sorry! We had to cancel twice for medical reasons and this will be the trip that makes up for the missed ones. I know how you feel! Hopefully DH recovers quickly and you can get back to planning another trip.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #184
bjmbr1223
Earning My Ears

Hello I am pretty new to the boards. We are planning on being there Nov 30-Dec 9. Staying at the HoJo. We r very excited to take our time and being there for the holidays. It's been 12 since we were there at Xmas for our honeymoon. We now are taking our kids to experience the magic of Xmas at Disneyland.
bjmbr1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #185
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmbr1223 View Post
Hello I am pretty new to the boards. We are planning on being there Nov 30-Dec 9. Staying at the HoJo. We r very excited to take our time and being there for the holidays. It's been 12 since we were there at Xmas for our honeymoon. We now are taking our kids to experience the magic of Xmas at Disneyland.
Welcome!

What a wonderfully long trip! I hope you have a great time.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #186
Crazy4Pooh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wonderful. We are at the HoJo's Dec. 2 til Dec. 8th. It's been 2 years for us and we are missing it like crazy. Count down is on....
Crazy4Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #187
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Pooh View Post
Wonderful. We are at the HoJo's Dec. 2 til Dec. 8th. It's been 2 years for us and we are missing it like crazy. Count down is on....
YAY! Have a great time!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #188
lurpee
Mouseketeer

I've already posted that we will be there in December. DD4 and I are watching the WOC on YouTube and she is freaking out excited. The Tinkerbell at the beginning had her so jazzed! Honestly, I got super excited and she didn't see her so I rewound it and she saw it and got hyped.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #189
bjmbr1223
Earning My Ears

Thank you, this is the longest we have ever gone and I/we can't wait. This is also the first time we are going with out extra family. So it's just DH, DS8 almost 9, DD5, and myself. At first I was sad that plans for everyone else fell through but now we are looking at it as some great family time that we can just take our time and really enjoy the park and what it has to offer.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #190
bjmbr1223
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Pooh View Post
It has been 2 yrs for us too and we were planning as soon as we were home on when the next trip was going to be. The kids are beside themselves, they keep checking the tracker I have set up on my phone on how many days we have left. It's been fun having them join in the planning, last time we suprised them at 3am to catch the plane, I don't think they really got it until we actually hit main st. Even then it wasn't until we hit toontown a day or so later that I got the reaction that I was antisipating.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #191
katejc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you, this is the longest we have ever gone and I/we can't wait. This is also the first time we are going with out extra family. So it's just DH, DS8 almost 9, DD5, and myself. At first I was sad that plans for everyone else fell through but now we are looking at it as some great family time that we can just take our time and really enjoy the park and what it has to offer.
We had the same thing happen: extended family's plans to join us the first week in December didn't pan out, so it'll be just me, DH, and DD (11). I was disappointed at first, but now am looking forward to just the three of us doing whatever we like at DLR!
katejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #192
bjmbr1223
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katejc View Post
We had the same thing happen: extended family's plans to join us the first week in December didn't pan out, so it'll be just me, DH, and DD (11). I was disappointed at first, but now am looking forward to just the three of us doing whatever we like at DLR!
It will be nice to have a trip without the extra wants and todo's. When we all go we make 13 and that many people all wanting to do different things got a little frustrating. We are excited to make our memories with just the 4 of us.
Have fun!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #193
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmbr1223

It will be nice to have a trip without the extra wants and todo's. When we all go we make 13 and that many people all wanting to do different things got a little frustrating. We are excited to make our memories with just the 4 of us.
Have fun!!!!!
We will be doing a family group for the first part of our trip and then our own little family. I haven't done this before but my aunt says it can be annoying because no one will decide what to do and just says, "Whatever you want to do". That will change with me being there! Lol
Kerri

Old 09-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #194
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

We'll be going December 10-12! Very excited to see DL all done up for the Holidays!
Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

greenkai3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #195
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkai3000 View Post
We'll be going December 10-12! Very excited to see DL all done up for the Holidays!
YAY! I'm glad so many DISers are going while we're there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: