Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #151
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

I am!
Screaming deal on Alaska Airlines right now.
Air/4 nights @ Hilton for $445/person. That includes AIR!
I haven't seen a deal like that in a long time.
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #152
ociana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso View Post
I am!
Wow, that is a great deal!
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #153
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso View Post
I am!
What dates will you be there? I'd like to add you to our HUGE list!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #154
lurpee
Mouseketeer

We will be there from the 14th to the 26th of December!
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #155
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Forgot to say that we are staying at Holiday Inn Express Main Gate.

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #156
BryANDJessMom
Mouseketeer

We are doing a quick trip...December 7-9th! Staying at HoJos as usual!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #157
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee View Post
We will be there from the 14th to the 26th of December!
Kerri
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryANDJessMom View Post
We are doing a quick trip...December 7-9th! Staying at HoJos as usual!
Have a great trip!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #158
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

We're flying in from Australia 8-13 Dec (then on to WDW for 13-22Dec). Have room booked at Ramada Main Gate for $95pn with free upgrade to deluxe (i.e. QS instead of DB), but am keeping an eye out for discounted rates at on-site hotels. Have done WDW twice but never DL. DD15 & DD13 are sooooooo looking fwd to seeing haunted mansion with Nightmare overlay - they are HUGE NBC fans, and are just dying to see Jack for an autograph & photo.

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #159
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinoz View Post
We're flying in from Australia 8-13 Dec (then on to WDW for 13-22Dec). Have room booked at Ramada Main Gate for $95pn with free upgrade to deluxe (i.e. QS instead of DB), but am keeping an eye out for discounted rates at on-site hotels. Have done WDW twice but never DL. DD15 & DD13 are sooooooo looking fwd to seeing haunted mansion with Nightmare overlay - they are HUGE NBC fans, and are just dying to see Jack for an autograph & photo.
YAY! Same dates as mine! I'm totally jealous of the second half of the trip
Old 09-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #160
justjane
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to join this group. My family of 4 is going to be there Dec 17-22, and then we'll travel to AZ to visit family for Christmas and my son's 4th birthday. The kids know about AZ with the grandparents, but they have no idea we're going to DL first. It's going to be a magical surprise!

We're staying at BWPPI. We were originally at PVI, but I cancelled due to the bedbug report. Ick.

I hope to do at least one character meal, and plan to spend a lot of time in Carsland. Both kids love Cars, but my son is absolutely obsessed. I have a feeling that they will be in heaven just walking around there, not to mention the rides, etc.

I look forward to hearing all about everyone else's plans! I've already learned so much about DL reading through all the threads over the last couple months.
justjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #161
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
YAY! Same dates as mine! I'm totally jealous of the second half of the trip
Yeah, I can hardly believe we're doing it myself but we're actually en route to visiting my DH (working in Iceland) for Christmas. Initially we planned a week in DL, but then they did away with the 6+ day hopper tickets, plus WDW's initial free dining offer was for check-in up to 13 Dec, so we're heading East a little earlier. To be honest I'm far more excited about the DL portion of the trip - hopefully the parks will be a little less crowded, and NBC haunted mansion, Holiday IASW, and of course Carsland and Beuna Vista St are all new experiences for us, and things we really want to see (and ride over, and over, and over again - hopefully). I know WDW has the new fantasyland, and we are doing dinner in BOG while we're there which we're pretty excited about, but I'm a little 'ho hum' about the rest - apart from the dining portion of the trip that is. DH will be joining us in WDW so that'll be a more relaxing, spend time together type of holiday. DL is gonna be go, go, GO (providing jet lag doesn't hit us too hard).

To #justjane - I know exactly what you mean about the DISboards. Everyone's so helpful and you can get soooooo much info that you'd never know about otherwise. Things like making your own autograph books - that got us amazing character interaction when our girls did theirs a few years ago.

To everyone else going in December, or those who have been before, how important is it to make dining reservations in DL, and what happens if we can't make it? I'm just not sure I want to be tied into certain meals in case the jet lag & time zone thing proves too much for us.

Roll on December - I can't wait

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4

Last edited by backinoz; 09-09-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: change notification
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #162
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

2 of us going December 2-7, staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #163
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjane View Post
Hi everyone! I'm very excited to join this group. My family of 4 is going to be there Dec 17-22, and then we'll travel to AZ to visit family for Christmas and my son's 4th birthday. The kids know about AZ with the grandparents, but they have no idea we're going to DL first. It's going to be a magical surprise!

We're staying at BWPPI. We were originally at PVI, but I cancelled due to the bedbug report. Ick.

I hope to do at least one character meal, and plan to spend a lot of time in Carsland. Both kids love Cars, but my son is absolutely obsessed. I have a feeling that they will be in heaven just walking around there, not to mention the rides, etc.

I look forward to hearing all about everyone else's plans! I've already learned so much about DL reading through all the threads over the last couple months.
You'll be there on my birthday! I had originally planned for that same week, but changed plans because of other commitments. I think you'll like BWPPI - We stayed there in '07. It's basic, but clean. The one suggestion is to ask for an upper floor and not right up front. It can get a bit noisy around the pool (even in the colder season) and around the parking lot. We liked it and consider it every trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinoz View Post
Yeah, I can hardly believe we're doing it myself but we're actually en route to visiting my DH (working in Iceland) for Christmas. Initially we planned a week in DL, but then they did away with the 6+ day hopper tickets, plus WDW's initial free dining offer was for check-in up to 13 Dec, so we're heading East a little earlier. To be honest I'm far more excited about the DL portion of the trip - hopefully the parks will be a little less crowded, and NBC haunted mansion, Holiday IASW, and of course Carsland and Beuna Vista St are all new experiences for us, and things we really want to see (and ride over, and over, and over again - hopefully). I know WDW has the new fantasyland, and we are doing dinner in BOG while we're there which we're pretty excited about, but I'm a little 'ho hum' about the rest - apart from the dining portion of the trip that is. DH will be joining us in WDW so that'll be a more relaxing, spend time together type of holiday. DL is gonna be go, go, GO (providing jet lag doesn't hit us too hard).

To #justjane - I know exactly what you mean about the DISboards. Everyone's so helpful and you can get soooooo much info that you'd never know about otherwise. Things like making your own autograph books - that got us amazing character interaction when our girls did theirs a few years ago.

To everyone else going in December, or those who have been before, how important is it to make dining reservations in DL, and what happens if we can't make it? I'm just not sure I want to be tied into certain meals in case the jet lag & time zone thing proves too much for us.

Roll on December - I can't wait
How exciting! I've always wanted to go to WDW just to go to Epcot and try all of the fantastic food I've been reading about! DL doesn't have near the focus on food, but there are a few places we like and go to each trip. You'll hear mixed reviews on whether or not to make reservations; some people say you can walk up and others call at the 60 day mark every time. We always call ahead for at least one meal a day - especially if we are going to Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, or a Character meal. A few times we had to cancel last minute and it wasn't a problem - you can call the dining number or stop by and let them know. They aren't nearly as strict about it as I hear they are at WDW.

Since we'll be there at the same time, consider joining us at the meet I set up on page one. If you have any other meets you'd like to create, just let me know and I'll put it on the front page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
2 of us going December 2-7, staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
Nice! We've never stayed at DLH but plan to in 2013. Let us know how you like it
Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #164
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

we are going 12/2-12/31! yay! haven't committed to where we are staying just yet but likely to be Paradise Pier
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #165
DisFan84
Earning My Ears

My BF and I will be there 12/1-12/8 staying at Anaheim Marriott Suites. We are celebrating my 28th birthday that actually takes place the following week of our trip (12/12/12).

DisFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: