Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #136
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

I think I am already on the Jan thread because MOST Of our trip will be the 1st week of January but we are actually driving down on 12/29 and our first day is the 31st. So that counts right.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #137
kaci
Mouseketeer

I was checking out air fare yesterday and by switching our dates from 12/10-15 to 12/11-18 we saved enough money on flights to make up for the two extra nights at HOJO's With our flights bought it's starting to feel more 'real'

Since it looks like there's not much hope of getting more than a 5 day hopper, I think we're going to take a free day (Saturday, maybe, would that be the busiest day?) and go to the Natural History Museum of LA County and the La Brea Tar Pits. DS is obsessed with dinosaurs and it looks like the NHM has an awesome dinosaur exhibit.

I'm so excited!
kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #138
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Just booked the HOJO for the 14-17 of December for my DD11 (turning 12) birthday trip. We got the family saver rate for the room (a Delux double queen). This may be our last trip with our AP's since they expire the 6th of Janurary. We may squeeze out one last trip, we'll see. Not sure if we're going to re-new.
I'm glad you got the HOJO rate! We're thinking o getting APs this year. If we do, we'll be actively looking for the special rates at HOJO so we can go more than once in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I think I am already on the Jan thread because MOST Of our trip will be the 1st week of January but we are actually driving down on 12/29 and our first day is the 31st. So that counts right.
Of course it counts! Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaci View Post
I was checking out air fare yesterday and by switching our dates from 12/10-15 to 12/11-18 we saved enough money on flights to make up for the two extra nights at HOJO's With our flights bought it's starting to feel more 'real'

Since it looks like there's not much hope of getting more than a 5 day hopper, I think we're going to take a free day (Saturday, maybe, would that be the busiest day?) and go to the Natural History Museum of LA County and the La Brea Tar Pits. DS is obsessed with dinosaurs and it looks like the NHM has an awesome dinosaur exhibit.

I'm so excited!
Fun! We always have 2 days at the start of our trip to visit museums. This year it's Museum of Tolerance and LACMA. The Natural History Museum is on our "must do" list for future trips.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #139
VictoriaAndMatt
DIS Veteran

We're doing a quick 2 day trip for DS' 5th birthday. We will be there Dec 20-21st. Yay!

ETA: We're staying at the DLH.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #140
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaAndMatt View Post
We're doing a quick 2 day trip for DS' 5th birthday. We will be there Dec 20-21st. Yay!

ETA: We're staying at the DLH.
Nice! What a great way to celebrate a 5th birthday!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #141
KelliLee702
I feel the LOVE and it warms my soul

Red face 11/30 - 12/02/12

I am hoping (fingers crossed) that my DD and I will be able to make it.

We tried to go last year during Christmastime and discovered our tickets had Blackout dates!

So, this year we are planning EARLIER in December.
She will be 14 on December 1st and wants more than anything to visit DL during the Holiday season.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #142
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

11/30-12/2 for Candlelight, then Dec 22-Jan 3 for Christmas.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #143
CajunMomof3
DIS Veteran

Any advice/thoughts/info on weather in Dec? I've looked at highs and lows, but I'm still trying to figure out packing lists... It will be kinda weird to pack swimsuits and sweathsirts! LOL!
Pop Century (11/07), All-Star Movies (10/08), Port Orleans- Riverside (6/09), Coronado Springs (10/09), Boardwalk Villas (11/10), Boardwalk Inn (4/11), Port Orleans- Riverside/Polynesian (10/11), Grand Floridian (3/12), DisneyLand Hotel (12/12), Disney Magic (3/13), ** AP**Wilderness Lodge (7/13), POR (7/13), POFQ (8/13), SOG (8/13)
CajunMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #144
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliLee702 View Post
I am hoping (fingers crossed) that my DD and I will be able to make it.

We tried to go last year during Christmastime and discovered our tickets had Blackout dates!

So, this year we are planning EARLIER in December.
She will be 14 on December 1st and wants more than anything to visit DL during the Holiday season.
It's wonderful to make that birthday wish come true! We're going to celebrate quite a few things - a belated celebration for DD's graduation, my birthday, Christmas, and just plain making it through a difficult year.

I hope you have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
11/30-12/2 for Candlelight, then Dec 22-Jan 3 for Christmas.
It sounds like great dates to go! It's a shame you won't be there while we are - It would be nice to meet another service dog family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMomof3 View Post
Any advice/thoughts/info on weather in Dec? I've looked at highs and lows, but I'm still trying to figure out packing lists... It will be kinda weird to pack swimsuits and sweathsirts! LOL!
I've heard the temperature can be freezing, really warm, or anything in between. It was a lot like that where I grew up in Monterey. I'd suggest to plan to dress in layers. That way you won't be caught off guard no matter where the temperature decides to land.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #145
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Finally got tired of waiting for discounts & booked DL hotel for Dec 2-7th. At least I got a AAA discount. Can't wait to see all the cahnges since we were there 6 years ago!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #146
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Finally got tired of waiting for discounts & booked DL hotel for Dec 2-7th. At least I got a AAA discount. Can't wait to see all the cahnges since we were there 6 years ago!
I think the discounts are few and far between this year. I'm with you - can't wait to see all of the changes! Our last trip was in 2010, but with all of the changes, it'll seem like a lot longer I'm sure.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #147
kimis
DIS Veteran

My dh and myself will be taking three of our granddaughters for their fourth birthday on Dec 3-7. Cant wait!
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #148
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimis View Post
My dh and myself will be taking three of our granddaughters for their fourth birthday on Dec 3-7. Cant wait!
How FUN! I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #149
mariners1999
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
How FUN! I hope you have a wonderful trip!
We have booked our hotel for the time we are going to be there and are staying at the Marriott Anaheim Suites through LMT. Heck of a deal at $75 a night for such a large room. Thanks again for keeping this thread updated Escape2Disney.

M
Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #150
Escape2Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariners1999 View Post
We have booked our hotel for the time we are going to be there and are staying at the Marriott Anaheim Suites through LMT. Heck of a deal at $75 a night for such a large room. Thanks again for keeping this thread updated Escape2Disney.

M
No problem! It's fun to see how many DISers will be there! Be sure to sign up or add a meet if you get a chance. Just let me know and I'll put it on the front page.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: