Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Talking Ringing in the New Year - Jan '12 TR - UPDATED Sept 4 I BROKE MY FOOT**

MEET THE CAST

Hello Disney lovers! We have finally gotten around to starting our fabulous trip report for our family trip to Disney World. School has been hectic, but now it is exam time, so instead of studying we have decided to commence with our January 2012 trip report – as always Disney takes precedence. For those of you who are new to our trip reports we hope you like it and will share your thoughts with us as we go along on this triptastic voyage. For those who have been with us for a while, thanks for coming back!! We hope that you will say hi, we love to hear what you think.
So without further ado, let us start with the introductions.

Hi everyone, my name is Lauren. You might remember me from our last TR in May 2011 – Two Girls in the World with No Parents Allowed. I am currently finishing my final semester of paramedicine, so this Disney trip was a much needed break from my regular life. All things Disney are always a nice distraction from things I should be doing like ooooh homework, reading, studying, saving lives and all those silly things. This will be my 21st year returning to Disney, we have been going since I was 5 years old. We use to go with our Aunt and Uncle who live in St. Augustine but now we are just too quick for them so while they stay home we party and have the time of our lives.

Favourite Theme Park: Animal Kingdom, I love all things animal!!
Favourite Quick-Service: Peco Bills
Favourite Table-Service: 1900 Park Fare Breakfast with Alice
Favourite Ride: Haunted Mansion
Favourite Disney Characters: Alice, White Rabbit, and Pluto
Favourite Disney Movies: Lion King, Alice in Wonderland, and Sword in the Stone
Favourite Disney Songs: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and When You Wish Upon a Star

This is my sister Danielle. She is in her 3rd year of Social Work and always needs a break from her regular life at work, especially after the busy Christmas season. She has been going to Disney since she was 6 months old, just a little baby. She always has a tough time leaving home since her fabulous boyfriend is there and doesn’t have free time to join us in Disney. We are trying to get him to make time for another trip next year once school is done, everyone keep your fingers crossed . If this happens it will be his very FIRST trip to Disney ever in his life (his parents don’t believe in theme park fun). If he can`t go this year, he will be going next year for sure once the new Fantasy Land expansion is open and the weather is just right. She says she will kidnap him and force him to come if that`s what it takes.

Favourite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom
Favourite Quick-Service: Main Street Bakery
Favourite Table-Service: Kona
Favourite Ride: Thunder Mountain
Favourite Disney Characters: Hercules, Rapunzel, and Tantor
Favourite Disney Movies: Toy Story, Tangled, and Tarzan (and also the letter ‘T’ I guess)
Favourite Disney Songs: You’ll be in My Heart, When Will My Life Begin

These are our parents, for all intensive purposes we will call them Mom and Dad on this trip. My Mom didn’t go till Disney till she was 30 years old and now she is trying to catch up for missed time going at any opportunity that presents itself in her busy work life. My Dad has had a similar upbringing to ours with his family visiting Florida every spring break since the park opened in 1971. Now, Dad pretends he is not a total Disney freak, but we all know, deep down, that he secretly loves Disney because he is always down for the cause. The parents will be our fiscal support for this trip.

Favourite Theme Park: EPCOT
Favourite Quick-Service: Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace (RIP)
Favourite Table-Service: Le Cellier Steakhouse
Favourite Ride: Haunted Mansion (Mom) – Test Track (Dad)
Favourite Disney Characters: Snow White, Ariel, and Mickey (M) – Goofy (D)
Favourite Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid (M) – Mary Poppins (D)
Favourite Disney Songs: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (M) – Chim-Chimney (D)

Now, on with the good stuff, here is the information about our fabulous trip that you are all just dying to know. We flew down on January 2 and returned to a not so cold Ontario on January 8 just in time for school to start on the 9th . For some of us we have an unpleasant surprise about school, but you will just have to wait and see what happened. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort and we were ON THE DISNEY DINING PLAN. We had tossed the idea back and forth of getting a suite at Coronado Springs but once we looked at the pricing, it was less money to get two adjoining rooms at POR (wait and see if that worked out or not). We always fly Delta because they rock (SkyMiles woo hoo). We also made dining reservations for the following:

Whispering Canyon
Le Cellier
Tusker House
Le Chefs de France
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona

Now that we have all that out of the way, on with the Trip Report!!

Last edited by Windsor Princesses; 09-04-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Marianne4021
Earning My Ears

Sounds great!

Disney Vacation Club Castaway Club: Gold
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Lynn57
DIS Veteran

Fun! I wish my family still went to WDW together!
Feb. 2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House
April 2007- Beach Club Villas
Feb. 2011- Bay Lake Towers
Dec. 2011- Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Sept. 2012- Boardwalk Villas (Tower of Terror 10 Mile!)
April 2013- Old Key West
April 2014- Old Key West
Old 04-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I'm joing in. I'd love to hear all about your trip.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne4021 View Post
Sounds great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn57 View Post
Fun! I wish my family still went to WDW together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I'm joing in. I'd love to hear all about your trip.
YAY! So glad you are all here, I can't wait to share our trip with you!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Talking

CHAPTER 1 – DEEETRRROOOITTT

Detroit MI - 36° F windy and cold

We had a scary little set back before we left and were not sure if everyone would be attending the trip. Dad was feeling very under the weather and a little dizzy; very unsteady on his Disney World walking feet. We waited it out and he decided he could not miss the trip. Once he was ready to go we departed Windsor at half time during the Detroit Lions game (they lost ) we were suppose to leave at 1 pm but we all know how long football games last.
We left on New Year’s Day, January 1 for Detroit MI. We usually stay at the Courtyard Marriott because they offer free park and fly for a week if you stay with them, this time was the same.

We checked into out room and Dad settled in for the night to try and regain his strength and energy for the big day tomorrow. We went to get some last minute travel items and to Panera bread for dinner because Dad was feeling like soup. No pictures of dinner sorry (I promise once we hit Disney it`s food pictures galore!) however we did get these last minute necessity items.

For dinner we had turkey sandwiches and broccoli cheese soup. Dad had chicken noodle soup. Mom got a cobb salad. Danielle and I had gotten some peach arbour mist wine at the Meijer and Mmmm was it yummy. Later I thought my mom’s yucky white wine was my peach wine and threw it in the sink because it tasted so nasty. Dad laughed so hard he cried, Mom mourned the loss of her wine. We went to bed early this first night; I’m talking 7:00 pm because we had an early flight in the morning.

Continued In Next Post

Last edited by Windsor Princesses; 05-04-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Tink2Day
Mouseketeer

So far so good!

I was going to say something witty about your Dad not looking like soup,

I'm glad he recovered enough to go.

Oh, the grandkids would love those bandaids. Very cute.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day View Post
So far so good!

I was going to say something witty about your Dad not looking like soup,

I'm glad he recovered enough to go.

Oh, the grandkids would love those bandaids. Very cute.
Thanks Tink2, those bandaids are fabulous they make even the smallest cuts feel better. Dad is still working on getting better today, he sees his doctor regularly, he toughed it out in Disney for us, he didn't want to be a party pooper.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

joining in!!!
Can't wait to read more!!
xo Christina
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

subscribing - loving the Mickey plasters.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
joining in!!!
Can't wait to read more!!
xo Christina
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
subscribing - loving the Mickey plasters.
GOOD MORNING!! Final exams are coming up on Monday, we are studying our little hearts out. We have just enough time later today for a little surprise. Thanks for joining in.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
Armando625
Earning My Ears

Beautiful place love to be there. If some one has more Detail about the top posted Picture's place where a girl is standing at a kinda garden place as she has stuck her face in the Rose. Than please PM me.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando625 View Post
Beautiful place love to be there. If some one has more Detail about the top posted Picture's place where a girl is standing at a kinda garden place as she has stuck her face in the Rose. Than please PM me.
If we are talking about Lauren's profile picture that is in the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play land at Hollywood Studios, it is best to get there early in the morning that was you can have the whole area to yourself. We always go there right after we get fast passes for Toy Story Mania because it is right around the corner.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #15
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Sorry it has been a few days, with the search engine down I was just not feeling like trying to find my TR in a sea of others. Only one more week then exams are done. The other day Danielle and I were looking through some old Disney albums and found these little gems. We love looking back and seeing how Disney has changed over the years.

This was the castle in 1997 when Disney was celebrating its 25th anniversary. The castle looked so beautiful all decorated as a cake.

This is Danielle and I enjoy our trip to Disney World, keep in mind this is when the Spice Girls were huge, Danielle took most of her photo poses out of the Spice Girl handbook.

This is the ball in 2000, I love when they have special decorations.

This is Danielle in 2000 hanging out with Rebecca from DISNEY'S TAILSPIN cartoon. Anyone remember how awesome this TV show was?

We are working on our next post, stay tuned

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: