DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #106
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Jimmy, I love those pictures on the title post. Love Ranger Stan at the end.
That shot was always one of my faves of him. I remember telling him that day(1st time I heard him mention retirement) as we were getting ready to leave, if we never saw him in this life again, we would see him in heaven. I believe he his waiting for his groupies to arrive
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #107
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Happy birthday to teapot and DisneyNutzy!

Today, I was able to book a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare so my granddaughter will be able to see characters without standing in line (with granddad). Any groupie have the breakfast there? How did you like it?
We did it last November and enjoyed it immensely. As debbieandroo mentioned, the strawberry soup is lovely, but what we enjoyed most was the overall quality and freshness of the items on the line. There was the occasional wait for things like the Mickey waffles or eggs benedict, but they kept up well overall. Also, unlike the thin, tasteless bacon served at many of the other Disney eateries open for breakfast, the bacon at 1900 PF was quite good--thick, flavorful. For the price, one would expect the foods at 1900 PF to be good, and we weren't disappointed. Our server was also quite good and kept our glasses full of juice. The characters made it around to all the tables while we were there, and they interacted quite well with us (I think both Alice and Mary Poppins were sweet on me, but, you know, with luvvwl there and all, I couldn't make a scene. . .). We had those two, the Mad Hatter, Tigger, and Pooh. I don't remember either Prince Charming or Sleeping Beauty being there, however; they may just do dinner. Still, I definitely think you'll enjoy the meal.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #108
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
WOW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Teapot!

COOL - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DisneyNutzy!

May you enjoy what your day brings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
happy birthday teapot and dizneynutzy!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka;44626208
[COLOR="Red"
Happy Birthday to Tea Pot and DisneyNutzy![/COLOR]

I hope it is a great day for you two!!

Twokats, what a great birthday gif!! So fun, I stole it!!!!

I love that picture of your mom in front of the ship. Just beautiful.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Happy Birthday Tea Pot and Disneynutzy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
Happy Birthday teapot and DisneyNutzy!
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
tea pot's having a birthday? Well then, Happy Birthday teapot!

And a very Happy Birthday to DisneyNutzy, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Heads up Groupies!!!

We have a two-fer today

Happy Birthday to Tea Pot and DisneyNutzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNutzy View Post

Hope all the old and new groupies are doing well. I will try to visit more often.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAPOT!
Thanks A Bunch
You Groupies are the Best

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #109
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday dizneynutzy

Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #110
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
the old guy finished up his first round of chemo (he will have 2 total). It was a week long treatment but doctors were very happy with how well he did. very little naseau and since he's bald to start with we got to tease him about not worrying about hair loss.

I think the hardest thing is the entire treatment is 6 weeks long, Since the chemo kills your white blood cells he's at risk of infection which means they are keeping him hospitalized until his blood count comes up usually 3-4 weeks. . this is the first time in a very long time the old guy and I have been apart for weeks on end and although I visit every day, I totally admit that I'm an "old dog", I don't like new tricks....

Good thing is that the oncology floor he is on is wonderful. by some quirk of fate, the other 10 patients are also relatively young. all between 45-62 and all with wonderful attitudes. We had a "pimp my IV stand" contest yesterday with everyone decorating their IV carts. Next week they are having a interior design contest and I'm decorating his room in WL chic. I'll take pictures.
Wow I love your spirit Keep it up
I can tell you that smiles and laughs really do help the immune system.
You and your old guy are in my prayers.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #111
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAPOT !!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #112
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNYNUTzY !

Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #113
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:

Today, I was able to book a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare so my granddaughter will be able to see characters without standing in line (with granddad). Any groupie have the breakfast there? How did you like it?
The standout for all of us was the strawberry soup. I remember the food being really good. For whatever reason we just havent returned. May have to put that one back in the mix. I think you will enjoy, and DGD will be in heaven
Got a good story about 1900... friends from back home were eating with us, and Prince Charming is approaching our table, so Capt. D(Casey, our DS)maybe 10 at that time says to the whole table,"he looks like Gomer Pyle". We bust out laughing, all the while poor Charming is like what is going on. Out of the mouths of babes
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #114
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Geez, I didn't get here yesterday, and the thread blows up! Funny how some days are more active than others! Haha! Sorry I missed your birthdays Teapot and DisneyNutzy hope you both had a great day!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #115
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
In exactly one month I will be at our special place.
I got my documents from DCL yesterday to go along with my tags for the villas that I got last week!!!

I am a happy camper.

Now if I can just get all these last minute tax clients done and go put the extensions in the mailbox!

I hope everyone has made the taxman happy and not stressed out too much over the process. Have a great Tuesday!!
I got all of my family member tax returns done weeks ago- 4 of them! But did I do ours? Nope. I filed an extension on Tuesday. I hate doing my own return and this year it is more complicated with unemployment and working as a consultant, too. I have to do some reading on HSA accounts, etc. and then finally get my butt moving to do it. I know I paid in extra so that I don't have to worry and will actually get a refund.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your cruise on the Fantasy. Dynaguy and I are on the Dec 1-8 cruise and as of yesterday, we added our niece Haley from Minneapolis (my sister's daughter.) She got straight A's on her last report card in AP Honors courses in 8th grade. AND it was the same period where she missed 6 days of school because she and her mom came to WDW with us in March. She will fly by herself to MCO from MSP and join us for the night before the cruise, the cruise, and then the weekend after the cruise before flying back to MSP. She was SO excited yesterday when we invited her. She's "always wanted to go on a cruise and see the clear,warm waters in the Virgin Islands." We're really looking forward to it.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #116
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post

Happy Birthday to Tea Pot and DisneyNutzy!

I hope it is a great day for you two!!

Twokats, what a great birthday gif!! So fun, I stole it!!!!

I love that picture of your mom in front of the ship. Just beautiful.
What she said, all of it.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #117
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Greetings Groupie Friends!

No wonder I haven't been getting any updates. You're onto a new thread! I've been a delinquent groupie I know, but I hope you will understand when you hear the reason.

First off I've missed a few birthdays so Happy Birthday Granny, Teapot, & DisneyNutzy!

Sleepydog - congrats on your engagement!

Eliza - continued prayers for your DH.

Ok now for all my good news! I have been gone because I have been super busy with my new business. Iím thrilled to announce that Iíve joined Cruise Planners/American Express as an independently owned and operated franchise, just like our very own Stopher! I do have a website but I'm sure I'm not allowed to post it so I won't. Those of you that are friends with me on FB can be on the lookout for my annoucement there & a link to my business fan page. Please like my page! The last few weeks have been a blur of training & organizing. I'm off to Fort Lauderdale next month for more training & some ship inspections. It's all a little overwhelming but very exciting. But like Stopher mentioned I just won't have that much time to spend on the DIS anymore. I will try to check in as often as I can though.

And for even more good news this seems to be the time for great things to be happening for groupies employment wise. After 2 long years I'm very happy to say that DH (Anniversary Guy) is no longer in the consulting business because he was offered a permanent position last week & begins his new job May 1! Consulting work was ok & it paid the bills but he's been trying to find something permanent all this time & finally he has. So all good things happening in the Horselover household!

Hope everyone is doing well. To everyone leaving on trips soon have a wonderful time!

JT - I love that pic of Ranger Stan & I'll be sending you a PM to add a cruise to the 2013 list.

Take care my friends!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #118
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Great news all around HL! Congrats to you and your husband on the new jobs/careers!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #119
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Julie - Just too cool for you and family! Let Anniversary Guy know we all are pleased to hear things are looking good for both of you. See you in The World!

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14][SSR 5/15][VWL 10/15][VWL 12/15]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 04-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #120
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

OMG...I have been out of the loop! Glad to find everyone back on the porch! Happy Birthday Granny, Teapot, & DisneyNutzy! Sorry I'm a bit delayed in my wishes! Only 6 days till I'm back on property! 3 day quick trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: