DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #1081
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Question, gang!

Just making sure... it is ok for DVC renters (as opposed to owners) to use the big pool at the lodge, right? We wouldn't be restricted to just the quiet villa pool, would we?

Thanks!
Of course! You'll have use of all the amenities the Lodge & VWL has to offer.

Hoosiermike - Welcome to the thread & congrats on your new contract!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #1082
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Thanks Muushka and Di for the VWL waitlist congrats !!!! And thanks JT for my trip update on page 1 !

Welcome Snoopygirl ! I will hope for a healthy scattering of pixie dust that the one bedroom at VWL comes through for you !!!!!

And YES WildernessDad ! I NEED a LODGE fix !

Great trivia eliza.....sorry I'm a day late and a dollar short on it though....I still enjoy reading it

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #1083
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Hi Groupies!

No time to go back and catch up at the moment.

But I have a stupid questions that I'm sure someone can answer for me.

DH and I are headed to VB in a couple weeks. Flying into Orlando and renting a car. We've never rented a car before from the airport. I have visions of wandering a car lot trying to handle all our luggage. How does this actually work? Can one of us go get the car and one stay with the luggage? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm a newbie at this.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #1084
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Hi Groupies!

No time to go back and catch up at the moment.

But I have a stupid questions that I'm sure someone can answer for me.

DH and I are headed to VB in a couple weeks. Flying into Orlando and renting a car. We've never rented a car before from the airport. I have visions of wandering a car lot trying to handle all our luggage. How does this actually work? Can one of us go get the car and one stay with the luggage? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm a newbie at this.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Nicoal....
Not stupid at all. Are you with one of the in-terminal rental car places ?? Dollar ? National ? Avis ? Budget ? The car rentals are on lowest level of airport. Rent one of those carts for like $4 and roll your luggage down and across the street to pick up the car. Or you can hail a luggage clerk (or whatever they're called). They usually hover near baggage claim. They will put your bags on the cart and follow you down to car rental and then take your luggage to car. That would be a bit costlier---as we usually tip about $3-$4/bag at least. If he's tied up waiting in a line we would give him a bit more than that. Usually dh and I have 4 checked bags---so we'd give him about $20 at least if he followed us from baggage to car rental to lot.......
But if you don't have too many bags, I vote to rent the luggage cart for like $4-$5 ?
Have fun !!!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1085
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Hi Nicoal....
Not stupid at all. Are you with one of the in-terminal rental car places ?? Dollar ? National ? Avis ? Budget ? The car rentals are on lowest level of airport. Rent one of those carts for like $4 and roll your luggage down and across the street to pick up the car. Or you can hail a luggage clerk (or whatever they're called). They usually hover near baggage claim. They will put your bags on the cart and follow you down to car rental and then take your luggage to car. That would be a bit costlier---as we usually tip about $3-$4/bag at least. If he's tied up waiting in a line we would give him a bit more than that. Usually dh and I have 4 checked bags---so we'd give him about $20 at least if he followed us from baggage to car rental to lot.......
But if you don't have too many bags, I vote to rent the luggage cart for like $4-$5 ?
Have fun !!!!!
We rented from National. We will get a cart. I'm so used to using ME and not worrying about luggage that I forgot about the carts. Thanks so much! I cannot wait

Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #1086
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiermike View Post
Hello VWL groupies. I just got word from my title company that my VWL contract is closing today, so I can officially become a DVC owner. Now I just have to wait a few more days to get my member ID number and I can start planning some vacations. Yay!

My family and I stayed at WL on our first trip to WDW in 2006 and instantly fell in love with the resort, so it was pretty clear where we wanted to purchase our first DVC contract. I have enjoyed following this thread and hope to meet some of you at the resort.

BTW, where can I find the VWL and VWL Groupies banners that many of you have in your signature line? I would love to add those to my signature as well.
Welcome...you are definitely with kindred spirits on this thread!!

I copied this from Kathy (twokats) post...the fourth one on page one of this thread...

How to steal a Moosie for your very own!

Please, he is yours for the taking!

IMG]http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/uploads/43490/groupsm2.jpg[/IMG]

1. Click on "User CP" at the top left of the page.
2. Click on "Edit Avatar"
3. Add the above [IMG] stuff and paste him in (don’t need to use the insert image thingy)
4. I removed the left bracket so that you can copy him, just add the [ to the left of the IMG].
5. Click the SAVE button, and you're done.

That ought to get you fixed right up!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #1087
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
LOL. I agree!! now that sid and rizzo are semi-independant, the old guy and I are hoping for a bit more flexibility. I've got to get to a groupie meet!
That would be wonderful! I have so enjoyed meeting some of the Groupies and would like to meet all of you at some point. We don't have as much flexibility as I did the past couple of (unemployed) years. Not that I'm complaining mind you!

Not sure that we will be back at WDW in 2013...trying to book a 25th anniversary trip for DW and I at Aulani next year. That would include a couple days at VGC too. I guess I'll have to get a super-fix this Christmas at VWL to last me a while!!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #1088
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiermike View Post
Hello VWL groupies. I just got word from my title company that my VWL contract is closing today, so I can officially become a DVC owner. Now I just have to wait a few more days to get my member ID number and I can start planning some vacations. Yay!

My family and I stayed at WL on our first trip to WDW in 2006 and instantly fell in love with the resort, so it was pretty clear where we wanted to purchase our first DVC contract. I have enjoyed following this thread and hope to meet some of you at the resort.

BTW, where can I find the VWL and VWL Groupies banners that many of you have in your signature line? I would love to add those to my signature as well.
Welcome home, hoosiermike! As we often say, pull up a rocker and set a spell (and I usually add, "have a drink in hand--alcohol not required"). Luv and I closed today, too, only on a house not a VWL contract, though both are exciting as can be! Congrats and best wishes for many wonderful vacations to come!!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #1089
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies hoosiermike!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #1090
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
That would be wonderful! I have so enjoyed meeting some of the Groupies and would like to meet all of you at some point. We don't have as much flexibility as I did the past couple of (unemployed) years. Not that I'm complaining mind you!

Not sure that we will be back at WDW in 2013...trying to book a 25th anniversary trip for DW and I at Aulani next year. That would include a couple days at VGC too. I guess I'll have to get a super-fix this Christmas at VWL to last me a while!!
Granny looks like we're going to miss you over Christmas by 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Welcome home, hoosiermike! As we often say, pull up a rocker and set a spell (and I usually add, "have a drink in hand--alcohol not required"). Luv and I closed today, too, only on a house not a VWL contract, though both are exciting as can be! Congrats and best wishes for many wonderful vacations to come!!
Congrats on your new home Sleepdog!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #1091
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
snip.....
I just wanted to say how neat it is that you all have this group and follow each other's lives... I'm just getting a handle on who's who. Sounds like many of you have gone through some tough stuff with health -- your own and that of loved ones. I will send good vibes and prayers... I'll hopefully soon get more familiar with everyone so I can keep all the names and situations straight!

So it sounds like some of you have met at the lodge? Did you know each other at all before? Or just through the boards? This is so cool! Are any of you pictured in the photo at the beginning of the thread? It would be fun to have faces to put with the names!

OK -- the family is watching a bizarre show on the Discovery channel about a cover-up conspiracy about mermaids.... so weird. It's not fitting with my Disney vibe at all. Blech.
Hi Bags

As the years go by, there have been some great times on the Groupie thread.
Some of us have been here since day 1, and others have just joined on.
But I think what makes this thread special is that everyone is so welcoming, so we grow, which is wonderful.
Some of us have been able to meet at the Lodge. We had a great meet a few years ago when we had our beloved Ranger Stan with us, speaking about his beginnings at VWL with his dear wife, Sweetie.
And some have been able to meet outside of Disney, which is awesome .
I need to dig up the last thread, it had a couple more pictures (very BIG pictures!) of others of us.

Ah, here it is
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2714808
I am in the back, second pic, with the Mickey Mouse (small ones) sweater standing next to Ranger Stan. Mr Muush is in the back too, red Polo on left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Congrats on the new house, Sleepy

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.

Last edited by Muushka; 07-19-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #1092
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

I saw this on another thread, thought it could be fun

Do you have any hidden talents that you wish you didn't have?

I'll go first!

I have perfect pitch. Which, when someone hits the wrong note, it is almost painful!

I'm also a photic sneezer. When I see the sun, I sneeze. Usually when going into it from the dark.

I stole the next one from the thread:

My other talent: I can look at a donut and gain four pounds.

Here is a link to the tread, I had forgotten about the sun sneeze until someone else posted it.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959661

How about you? Any hidden annoying talents?

Oh yes, and to keep it VWL related, I also love the Lodge.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #1093
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

I can obsess on things like nobody's business -- to the point that I worry myself sick!

My only other one is too gross to talk about. It's not a "pretty" thing. (Now you can wonder!)
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #1094
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Thanks for the congrats, Muushka and horselover! We've been angling toward this house now for a few months, and we finally took the plunge to sign a contract in early June. We're closed and in the process of moving in. Fortunately, the "new" place is only a 5-minute walk away, so hauling stuff in my pickup will make it a cinch. . .as a move can be, anyway.

I've always had a gift for spelling and most things pertaining to grammar. No, I am not the grammar police. . .I just notice. As for Lodge related, I can hear the crickets chirping even when there aren't any.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #1095
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Sleepydog -- me too with the spelling and grammar! Doesn't it make you crazy when you see misspellings in books and such!?!?!!? Kindle books are the worst.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: