DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #901
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Thank you to all!

After I book our villa at the end of the month, I'll have to keep myself busy with something until the new year!

I'm looking forward to reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #902
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Just caught up on the discussion about changing dinnerware. When I was at VWL this past trip (22-27) it was still the same fiesta ware and I did not receive any change notice. AKV still had the great safari themed dishes. I'll be sorry to see them go as well... It kind of disappoints me that owners would feel the need to steal the dishes. I always think of my villa as my second home and would never even consider stealing from myself!
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #903
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Man, you leave the thread for a few days and look how they turn on you!

For the record, I'm not thrilled about switching our our nice plateware for the generic white stuff. But I guess we'll survive the change. As long as they hang on to that lovely couch!!

Our man Granny! I knew I could get you on this thread!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #904
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Bagsmom - welcome to the thread! I see that you've already had some great answers from my fellow groupies. I just want to point out that if you're planning to do any cooking in the room keep in mind the studio's refrigerators are pretty small. The freezer section is really tiny. You will not be able to fit much in there. If you're trying to save money on food costs & you can fit it in your suitcase I'd recommend bringing a small griddle. It works great for pancakes, eggs, grilled sandwiches. You could even do burgers on it if you wanted to. I don't think anyone else mentioned it but I'd recommend renting bikes or a surrey bike & taking the path down to Ft. Wilderness. It's a lovely scenic ride. Be sure to spend some time just hanging out on the beach in a lounge chair watching the boats go by & definitely find the time to chill out in one of the rockers on the "front porch". I have no doubt you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Just caught up on the discussion about changing dinnerware. When I was at VWL this past trip (22-27) it was still the same fiesta ware and I did not receive any change notice. AKV still had the great safari themed dishes. I'll be sorry to see them go as well... It kind of disappoints me that owners would feel the need to steal the dishes. I always think of my villa as my second home and would never even consider stealing from myself!
I missed this. What's going on with the dinnerware?

Hi everyone!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #905
blossomz

Horselover...apparently they are making all of the dinnerware at WDW a generic white!!!!

BTW....WELCOME BAGSMOM!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #906
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Horselover...apparently they are making all of the dinnerware at WDW a generic white!!!!
Yes, I found the thread. Thanks Blossomz. That really stinks. The dinnerware really added to the ambiance of the room. I wouldn't be sad if they gave us bigger cereal bowls though. What is up with those tiny 1/2 bowls? I guess they go with the tiny coffee mugs.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #907
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Well, luckily, we are only driving from Georgia! I will have that car packed! I do have a griddle! Great idea! I'm for sure bringing a hot plate and small skillet if I don't do the electric frying pan. I could give my boys grilled cheese every day for every meal and they'd be thrilled.

I figure we'll also escape the world once or twice and do someplace like Applebees or Chik fil A at some point.

We're also going to bring a couple of coolers. I figure we can buy ice at Publix, probably won't need to do TOO many times. We can keep the really perishable stuff in the frig -- stuff like fruit and drinks in the cooler(s).

I know we will be pretty crowded in that little studio, but if I have food and I'm at Disney World, I'm happy!

It's too far out for a countdown, but we are 11 months out as of TODAY!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #908
tea pot
DIS Veteran

A Big Welcom Home Bagsmon!
You found the best place on the boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I don't think anyone else mentioned it but I'd recommend renting bikes or a surrey bike & taking the path down to Ft. Wilderness. It's a lovely scenic ride. Be sure to spend some time just hanging out on the beach in a lounge chair watching the boats go by & definitely find the time to chill out in one of the rockers on the "front porch". I have no doubt you will love it!
:
Awww I want to go home

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 07-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #909
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Thought yall might enjoy these

We went to a place called the Moose Cafe for brunch today. It is close by, maybe 25 mins from our house at a local farmers market. They use fresh ingredients from the folks there. it was really good and we will be back!
Anyway, thought we would share a couple pics, thinking of the groupies when we saw these.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #910
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
It kind of disappoints me that owners would feel the need to steal the dishes. I always think of my villa as my second home and would never even consider stealing from myself!
ITA Blossom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
We went to a place called the Moose Cafe for brunch today. It is close by, maybe 25 mins from our house at a local farmers market. They use fresh ingredients from the folks there. it was really good and we will be back!
Anyway, thought we would share a couple pics, thinking of the groupies when we saw these.

Thanks for sharing your day with us Jimmy!

Old 07-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #911
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Here are a couple of questions for you folks "in the know."

I was reading some information on the lodge villas on DVCNews.com. One of the bits of info said "beware pool crowding" due to people coming over from Ft. Wilderness. We will be coming June 8 - 15. Do you folks usually go at this time of year and have you noticed the pool crowding that was mentioned? I didn't think the pools were shared between the campground and the lodge....

Also -- for those of you who are really familiar with the studios and the layout of the villa building, which floor and which room should we attempt to get? I was looking at the maps and there are really very few studios, aren't there? Should we try to get on one of the ends of the building?

Obviously, there is plenty of time to get this all figured out, but with my brain, it's better for me to ask questions as I think of them!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the great information!
Old 07-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #912
blossomz

I am usually there as soon as school is out. I have only had one bad experience with people coming over from the fort. However, if they do come, most go to the main pool, not the villas pool. This is something I know the resorts try to avoid, but sometimes they slip in!

Most of the villa views are wonderful. We laugh about the "dumpster" view. (search this thread for more info), but even that isn't so bad. I prefer to be near the elevators and not facing the buses. But like I said, most views are beautiful and peaceful!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #913
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Here are a couple of questions for you folks "in the know."

I was reading some information on the lodge villas on DVCNews.com. One of the bits of info said "beware pool crowding" due to people coming over from Ft. Wilderness. We will be coming June 8 - 15. Do you folks usually go at this time of year and have you noticed the pool crowding that was mentioned? I didn't think the pools were shared between the campground and the lodge....
There is not supposed to be pool sharing. However, the Disney CM's rarely enforce that and you will see people getting off the little shuttle boat with their swimsuits and towels. Yes, pool crowding is an issue, especially at the main pool.

Quote:

Also -- for those of you who are really familiar with the studios and the layout of the villa building, which floor and which room should we attempt to get? I was looking at the maps and there are really very few studios, aren't there? Should we try to get on one of the ends of the building?
It is a very small resort all around, so there aren't a lot of any type of room there. I would avoid requesting specific rooms because if it isn't available then you'll just get whatever is left. Requests are much better to be general, such as "lake side" or "near the elevator".

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #914
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

I remember staying at the WL one summer, I believe it was August 98, and the pool was super crowded. The cm's were actually asking to see room key's and a number of people from FW were asked to leave. The last time we stayed at the VWL the pool was very crowded, but it was during July 4th.

I have a question. I am obsessed with MM waffles! I believe they are in the skillet @ WCC, but do they have them @ Roaring Fork? The are not shown on the menu.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #915
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
I remember staying at the WL one summer, I believe it was August 98, and the pool was super crowded. The cm's were actually asking to see room key's and a number of people from FW were asked to leave. The last time we stayed at the VWL the pool was very crowded, but it was during July 4th.

I have a question. I am obsessed with MM waffles! I believe they are in the skillet @ WCC, but do they have them @ Roaring Fork? The are not shown on the menu.
The skillet at WCC has Pine Cone waffles! No Mickey Head, but just as tasty.

Roaring Fork does have Mickey Head waffles

Mr Muush is also obsessed with the waffles.

Welcome to bagsmom

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: