DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #76
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Thanks Eliza for the update. We'll continue to keep your DH and family in prayer. Good news that the chemo didn't make him sick! Stay strong.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #77
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Eliza

Im glad you found us. Believe me, if you didnt we would have been on a search for you! Thanks for sharing with us on your DHs progress. Sounds positive. I too like how you can turn a shine on a tough subject.
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #78
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
OMG!!! some one started the party without me!!

JT. Thanks for getting us going once again.
Inkmahn, thanks for keeping the birthday list.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GRANNY!!

Who got engaged? I can't find the post!!

my mind is diffently going.....
That'd be me and luvvwl, and it's a small mention in one of my posts on page three. . .luv and I wish you and the "old guy" positive thoughts. I love your attitude, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka
Sleepy, I can't wait to hear all about the wedding! I just wish we were there, that would be a fun one to crash!
That would be a hoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62
sleepydog ! CONGRATS !!!! Awesome news !
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne
OK, I took the bait! Congrats, and I look forward to more updates!!!
Thank you, too! Obviously, the major updates will be on the thread in my link above, but I'll try to keep things updated here, as well, for those who don't visit the wedding plans threads (I have to, you know. . .).

And welcome to our newbies! This is a most wonderful group--caring, thoughtful, funny, and considerate. Oh, and we all love the Lodge!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #79
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

Just back from our 1st stay at VWL and can I just say... I totally get it now! We purchased a VWL resale contract last year and I am so happy to call it one of my homes

We had a 1BR Villa Room 3355 and it was the perfect view. Could see a bit of the pool, the electric boat parade through the trees and my DD11 and I would sit out on the balcony every night and watch Wishes over the top of the Lodge. And it was so quiet - wow - I have never stayed at a quieter location in all of Disney (just like Ranger Stan told me, long before DVC was a possibility for us). Perfect. Sigh, I miss it so much right now and it's only been 12 hours since we checked out...
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #80
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizGirl20 View Post
Just back from our 1st stay at VWL and can I just say... I totally get it now! We purchased a VWL resale contract last year and I am so happy to call it one of my homes

We had a 1BR Villa Room 3355 and it was the perfect view. Could see a bit of the pool, the electric boat parade through the trees and my DD11 and I would sit out on the balcony every night and see wishes over the top of the Lodge. And it was so quiet - wow - I have never stayed at a quieter location in all of Disney (just like Ranger Stan told me, long before DVC was a possibility for us). Perfect. Sigh, I miss it so much right now and it's only been 12 hours since we checked out...
DizGirl, you got it baaaaaad! 12 hours out and already homesick

We have the cure.

1. Find a comfy rocking chair out on the porch
2. Visit us often
3. Plan trips to VWL with all of us
4. Post lots of pictures of the Lodge
5. Grab yourself a Moosie Siggy. Instructions are on page 1, second post I think. He would look very handsome on you!

Good luck!

PS I loved reading what you wrote, girl after my own heart.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #81
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

I have some beautiful pics and videos I took on my iPhone, I just have to figure out how to get them off my phone and onto this thread. Which will be no easy task as I am very technologically challenged. But maybe my husband can help me out over the weekend with posting some pictures. I know I can't post videos here but my favorite video by far is the one I took of the twinkling lamps at night as you walk from the Main Lodge to the DVC Villas. So peaceful. Sigh.

Ugh I am in MAJOR WITHDRAWAL!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #82
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:

We had a 1BR Villa Room 3355 and it was the perfect view. Could see a bit of the pool, the electric boat parade through the trees and my DD11 and I would sit out on the balcony every night and watch Wishes over the top of the Lodge. And it was so quiet - wow - I have never stayed at a quieter location in all of Disney (just like Ranger Stan told me, long before DVC was a possibility for us). Perfect. Sigh, I miss it so much right now and it's only been 12 hours since we checked out...
We love the rooms on the back that have a pool view, and we do just what you did: EWP, Wishes over the rooftop, the beach, the trails. We love the tranquility that is VWL as it is an escape from the hustle and bustle at the parks. That peacefulness is what sets VWL apart from the other resorts.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #83
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:

We feel your pain. Like Muushka says, start planning that next trip...now!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #84
twokats
DIS Veteran

In exactly one month I will be at our special place.
I got my documents from DCL yesterday to go along with my tags for the villas that I got last week!!!

I am a happy camper.

Now if I can just get all these last minute tax clients done and go put the extensions in the mailbox!

I hope everyone has made the taxman happy and not stressed out too much over the process. Have a great Tuesday!!

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #85
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
In exactly one month I will be at our special place.
I got my documents from DCL yesterday to go along with my tags for the villas that I got last week!!!

I am a happy camper.

Now if I can just get all these last minute tax clients done and go put the extensions in the mailbox!

I hope everyone has made the taxman happy and not stressed out too much over the process. Have a great Tuesday!!
I had to go to the first page to see what was up with you!
Quote:
twokats 17-25 VWL followed by 26 - June 2 - DCL Fantasy for their 28th anniversary!
How awesome is that! 28th anniversary, Happy Happy! And a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy!
I will need to get some good info from you for our Fantasy next year.

Too early to bid you happy vacation, but, Happy Vacation!!

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #86
Muushka

Jimmy, I love those pictures on the title post. Love Ranger Stan at the end.

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #87
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

We love VWL sooooo much we just sold our BWV to pay for our new VWL!!!! Now you know I've got the jones's bad!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #88
StanH
Are my ears growing yet?

Jimmytammy,
Thanks for adding us to the trip calendar!

Stan

Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #89
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

ppssttttt......... 11 more sleeps!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #90
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I had to go to the first page to see what was up with you!

How awesome is that! 28th anniversary, Happy Happy! And a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy!
I will need to get some good info from you for our Fantasy next year.

Too early to bid you happy vacation, but, Happy Vacation!!
We are very excited. Le my DH has commented more about this trip than either of the other two (first time we have been to WDW and a cruise totally by ourselves) and at first he was not very keen about the Western and going to Mexican ports. But he is coming around and agrees that we will book another cruise onboard. I will miss my sweet mother who was my running buddy for everything, but Le has promised me that he will go 'around' with me a little more than usual. He loves to sit on the verandah and watch the ocean go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
ppssttttt......... 11 more sleeps!
ppsstttt....... 29 more for me!!!!! But whose counting

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: