DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #796
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Hi friends! Well looks like tropical storm Debbie is trying to rain on my parade! It's torrential ! We had fun riding splash and thunder and haunted mansion in the rain! Most fun ever!! Saw Brave and had Wolfgang puck pizza topped off by ghiradelli!

Eliza Great big congratulations!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #797
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Well I'm very depressedI had to cancel my trip in August due to splitting with partner . I hv managed to scrape the flight money to go end September. Unfortunatley had to cancel DVc and now not available it's my first visit as a DVc owner and really wanted to stay at my home resort. I am wait listing the first 4 nights ( well 2 are available) so I'm hoping but doubt it will come through. Dnt mind a studio just so wanted to do a few nights if not all 15 there. Never mind.
Got aklv BLT and okw.
Do wait lists ever come through.? I'm new to this. My dates are 19-04 oct and wait listed 19-23.
crabbie....so sorry to hear about your split. Hang in there. Hope things get better.

As for the waitlist. It's 50/50 success with me. If I'm understanding correctly, you are waitlisted for Sept 19-23 ? I think you run a fairly good chance---probably better than I do. I'm waitlisted for the weekend Oct 6-8. Food and Wine Festival time....gonna be tough ! Pixie dust for both of us ! Make sure you check OFTEN as JT suggested !

Welcome back Muushka !!!!

eliza....Congrats to Sid on both is graduation AND his choice on a college !!!! Great photo ! WTG !

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #798
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Just got back from 4 days at the University of Cincinnati!!

After many years of supplying countless hours of entertainment, Sid the Squid has finally graduated and is offically a University of Cincinnati Bearcat!!

The young man with him is his best friend since first grade Daniel, who will be attending University of Ohio.

My apologies to the State of Ohio.
Wow - Great picture; now where is the picture of the proud parents with Sid? Come on - we all know there is one - let's see it!

And no apologies necessary; we in Ohio could use the bump in intelligence I'm sure Daniel will bring . . and is that Ohio U., or Ohio State? or maybe Ohio Northern?

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #799
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Hi friends! Well looks like tropical storm Debbie is trying to rain on my parade! It's torrential ! We had fun riding splash and thunder and haunted mansion in the rain! Most fun ever!! Saw Brave and had Wolfgang puck pizza topped off by ghiradelli!

Eliza Great big congratulations!!!
You are really making the most of your trip blossomz !!! Good for you ! I am hearing how bad the weather is. I have two friends in WDW now. One posted on Facebook how they were debating to do EMH in MK last night. Not sure what they decided. Another posted a photo of herself on Facebook drinking a glass of wine on her balcony at the Poly----it was a great pic with the Grand FLoridian in the background and the heavy torrential rain coming down. She did a FB status of "no worries about the rain...just got upgraded to concierge at the Poly" !!! Hope "Debbie" gets out of there FAST ! Keep us posted

Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #800
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Congrats Eliza!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #801
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Congratulations to Sid the Squid! Way to go!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #802
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

[/IMG]

Yummy salmon dinner at artist point
Old 06-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #803
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Blossom~I have a friend there too, and, like u, she is making the best of it. We are all so blessed because we know there is always another trip around the corner. Hope Debby is outta there soon!

Eliza~Congrats to you and Sid, what a handsome young man!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #804
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Welcome Back Muushka! You kept yourself pretty busy for those several days you were gone. I hope you got out before Debby came to town.

Welcome Back to you, too Inkmahm! Hope you enjoyed your fishing trip. Catch anything special?

Love the moose in the swimming pool pic! So cute!

Congratulations Eliza on your sons graduation! What a handsome young man! He must get his good looks from you!

crabbie I'm with Maria; sometime the wait lists comes through and some times they don't. We have had more success with our wait list coming through when we've only needed a day or two. Our December 2012 wait list for BLT came through in about a month. Pixie Dust for you!

Poor Blossom! I hope you have your umbrella! I can't imagine all that rain! Enjoy the peace and serenity of our Lodge. Thanks for checking on the Tervis tumblers!

Jimmy in our current hangman, is there an R?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #805
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Send Kati our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I was out of town for most of the weekend, so it was up to her Dad to take care of it and I was amazed that it was almost well when I got home mid-day Sunday. We have an appointment with the doctor to see if it is healed tomorrow so that I can get her back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Kathy, hugs to Kati that she heals quickly and is able to return to camp ASAP!

I hope your kitchen remodel is right on schedule and you'll have a make-over and be back cooking in short order. I hate stripping wallpaper! Fortunately my SIL is more than willing to help his MIL out when such jobs need done. I hope you're taking before and after pictures. We'd love to see the final results.
Kati appreciated the well wishes from all. Luckily she does heal quickly. It is really itchy right now and I always take that as a good sign.

My DIL was willing to help me, but she does not have a car all the time and her mother has been sick, so it was all on me. All my sweet DH did was peel off some border paper which came off very easily.

And yes I have been taking pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
I finished an extensive house [especially the kitchen] remodel last year. Tearing down the wallpaper had to have been the worst job of all - I hated it! And, I did lots of fast food then, when my stove was back in place, did a whole bunch of hunting for the kitchen stuff still in boxes strewn around my living and dining rooms. Whew, I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

Yet, every single time I see my kitchen, I am thrilled with the results of the remodel and hope the same is true for you.

I also hope your daughter recovers quickly. It's so sweet to hear how anxious she is to get back to the kids at camp.
My boss told me to mix one third Downy to two thirds water and spray it on after I removed the top layer. It just almost fell off with hardly any effort at all. And my kitchen smelled so good!

Next is going to be some closet makeovers if I survive the kitchen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
twokats....thinking of you and hoping your daughter recovers and is feeling better very soon !!!

With these hot days we're having, came across this cute photo of mama and baby mooselets keeping cool !
The picture is adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Yes, I hope she recovers quickly. Bug bites are baaaaaad.

New kitchen!! Mine took twice as long to do than they told us. Our saving grace was our induction cooker which we used every day due to the range being unplugged.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16896112056

These things are great. Plus once your kitchen is back, you have a 5th burner and can cook smelly things outside! You do need pans that have bottoms that a magnet can stick to in order for it to work. Sadly, this cooker ended up costing us $1400. I love induction cooking so much, we replaced our range with a hybrid (2 induction and 2 normal burners).
I think the most time consuming part is the countertops. They cannot be measured until the cabinets are in and can take 2-3 weeks to be made. Plus since the sink will be attached to them that means no water until countertops are installed.

Today I had the plumbers, the electricians and the cabinet installer all in there at once, but they all played nice with each other.
I will have to investigate that induction thing. My husband had seen an ad on TV for something and he could not remember the name, I am wondering if that was it. I will show him tomorrow and see! Might get a new kitchen gadget yet!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #806
twokats
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday SlimpLaw!
Hope it is a good one.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 06-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #807
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Happy Birthday SlimpLaw!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #808
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Welcome Back Muushka! You kept yourself pretty busy for those several days you were gone. I hope you got out before Debby came to town.

Welcome Back to you, too Inkmahm! Hope you enjoyed your fishing trip. Catch anything special?

Love the moose in the swimming pool pic! So cute!

Congratulations Eliza on your sons graduation! What a handsome young man! He must get his good looks from you!

crabbie I'm with Maria; sometime the wait lists comes through and some times they don't. We have had more success with our wait list coming through when we've only needed a day or two. Our December 2012 wait list for BLT came through in about a month. Pixie Dust for you!

Poor Blossom! I hope you have your umbrella! I can't imagine all that rain! Enjoy the peace and serenity of our Lodge. Thanks for checking on the Tervis tumblers!

Jimmy in our current hangman, is there an R?
There is no R...sorry
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #809
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Always good to be reminded who is in charge.
Yesterday was a really tough day at work. Seems everything I touched turned south. Well, this morning I was reading 3 devotionals, one from Charles Stanley, two from David Jeremiah, all related to work issues that came via email. Put life into a whole new perspective for me. Now just to remain focused on this.

Hope everyones day is great today!!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #810
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Always good to be reminded who is in charge.
Yesterday was a really tough day at work. Seems everything I touched turned south. Well, this morning I was reading 3 devotionals, one from Charles Stanley, two from David Jeremiah, all related to work issues that came via email. Put life into a whole new perspective for me. Now just to remain focused on this.

Hope everyones day is great today!!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.~Victor Kiam.

Never let life's hardships disturb you ... no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.~ Nichiren Daishon.

Give yourself permission to have a sucky day JT.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: